Amazfish

Donations: https://paypal.me/piggz

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip, Cor, MiBand2/3 and GTS

***PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING TO 0.9.0***

Version 0.9.0 requires sailfish version 3.0.3.8 or above due to changes in the base sailfish image

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip and GTS, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching fotn (.ft) and resource (.res).  Send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching font and resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the font and resource.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

So, to re-iterate, the firmware flashing order is:

• .fw
  • .ft
  • .res

Amazfit GTS

Beta support for the Amazfit GTS includes activity data sync and sports sync (GPS). No support for downloading FW or watch face, an no support for sending weather data.  GTS requires a server-side pairing key which requires inital pairing with an android device.  To get the key, follow the instructions here and enter into Amzafish when prompted, WITHOUT 0x at the beginning.

MiBand 2/3/Cor

These devices are untested and use the Bip backend.  Should be safe to try and FW download should not be allowed.

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from their device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-1.6.1-1.armv7hl.rpm3.17 MB30/06/2020 - 22:29

1.6.1

• Fixed repeating alarms

1.6.0

• Basic GTR support
  • GTS/GTS music app inplemented
  • Moved button based mucis control to daemon
  • Only send connect notification if there are no buffered messages
  • Start using libwatchish where applicable

1.5.6

• Fix daemon crash when pairing

1.5.5

• Fixed sending weather to GTS
  • Refactored weather code
  • Initial support for Pinetime-JF

1.5.1

• Be more stringent about allowing firmwares to be downloaded
  • Fix timestamps in GPX files

1.5.0

• Fixed file transfers (watchface/fw) to the Bip
  • Watchface transfer to Bip Lite confirmed working
  • Added file transfer support for the GTS
    • Watchface confirmed working on XA2/Mido
    • FW confirmed working on Mido

1.4.5

• Added heartrate analysis page
  • Moved raw graphs to menu

1.4.0

• Large contribution from Petr Tsymbarovich
    • Reworked pairing
    • Updated first page
    • Updated config storage
    • Updated device selection
    • Use nemo notifications
  • Add indoor cycling activity type
  • Fix syncing data when in DST(hopefully!)

1.3.1

• Darker paercentage circle
  • Fixed service Stop button
  • Load steps on startup for quicker display
  • Translation updates

1.3.0

• UI improvements thanks to @AlphaX2
  • Note added to sleep page

1.2.0

• Hopefully fix reading calendar
  • Translation update
  • Start using the supported-features system to hide some UI components when not applicable

1.1.3

• Improve coverpage information and actions
  • Fix labels on graphs
  • Fix auth with bip lite / band
  • Fix bug for time format selection
  • Add support for sending calendar events to supprorted devices
  • Request alarm info from watch on init
  • Fix display of steps showing x10 sometimes

1.1.2

• Fix initial pairing with Bip, Miband 3 and maybe others

1.1.1

• Add support for Bip Lite
  • Allow connection of MiBand3 and Cor (untested, uses the Bip backend)
  • Translation updates

1.1.0

• Fix alarms being overwritten
  • Initial (beta) support for Amazfit GTS
  • New pairing page and improved pairing

1.0.0

• Added support for flashing newer firmwares
  • Added disconnect notification option
  • Fix buffered notifications when the watch is not connected (they never worked)
  • Added workaround for data not syncing when in DST
  • Added low battery notification

0.9.2
Stop notification when call answered
Fix sending weather on interval
Add more languages for watch (only works if supported by FW)

0.9.1
Fixed crash for new users
Weather UI fixes
Whitelisted some more firmware
Translation updates
Bugfixes for daemon/ui split

0.9.0
***ONLY FOR SAILFISHOS >= 3.0.3***
Daemon/UI split
Reworked some pages to streamline them

0.8.9
Add buffer for 10 notifications when watch disconnected

0.8.8
Added deep sleep value to page
Save GPX files in data location not cache location
May install on SFOS 3.0.3 when available

0.8.7
New UI layout
Sleep statistics

0.8.5
Added step summary chart showing steps over previous 20 days from the selected day
Added auto-sync of activity data which occurs each hour

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

jpn9s's picture

Works now for Cor, too. Thank you very much. Va bene adesso.

jpn9s's picture

Mi scusi
. ☺ Bluetooth shows Amazfit Cor... But I do not understand what dialog? Cor is not shown in pairing options.

jpn9s's picture

Thus 1.1.0. Cor does not pair with app. App only shows 'Start service'. Nothing else.

piggz's picture

Can you give the name of the Cor as it appears in the sailfish settings dialog?

jpn9s's picture

Dear Piggz,

Good afternoon. My XA2 loaded 1.1.1 Amazfish. Noted that Amazfit Cor does not work anymore. Is it skipped out, isn't it? Thank you for your reply on this.

carmenfdezb's picture

Hi @piggz!
Since I've updated to v1.1 I have some issues:
1) Wrong value in steps: when I access to steps page, it always shows the value multiplied tenfold. For example, if steps value is 1000 in my amazfit bip, amazfish displays 10000. It only shows the right value when I synchronize data.
2) I can't install firmware, it always shows invalid file. However, I can install firmware with v0.9.2 (it fails in v1.0 too)

erdzas's picture

Hi @piggz.
 I found some small bugs with my GTS and the 1.1.0-1:

First of all, I get two notifications on the watch for one on the phone.

Second, I have a button to mark the notification as read, but in the majority I don’t have it.

Thirdly the time format displayed on the watch is in 12Hrs while in the settings I selected 24Hrs (bug also present on my miband2)

Sanpo's picture

So, everytime I reboot my xperia 10+, I have to pair my Bip again..

carmenfdezb's picture

Hi @piggz!

I'm trying to analize the database but I don't understand some values (for example, a lot of values in 'heartbeat' are '255' in my database). I'll be very grateful if you explain here or in github the meaning of fields in database.

Thanks in advance!

MihailSafonov's picture

С Mi Band 4 будет работать?

erdzas's picture

Hi @piggz.

First, nice app, it work well for cor and miband 2.

Is theire any workaround to pair with GTS, for now?

Or must we wait the next realase?

Now when I try to pair, the app stay at "connecting to watch" stage

piggz's picture

Wait fo rnext release :)

jpn9s's picture

Good morning. I have Amazfit Cor plus Amazfish together XA2 SFOS 3.2.1.20. Everything works perfect, but the calendar alarms in the phone are not shown in my Amazfit Cor. Calls and messages are shown. Also putting on Android support is shown in my Cor. What do I have to do that also calendar alarms are  shown, or  are they not allowed yet? Thank you for your Amazfish and for your help.

alex000090's picture

Dear piggz,
There is the problem with newest version of the program or my firmware. I can't switch on/off alarms from the clock. So, if in the program alarm is on and I switch off it from the clock it again switch on itself afrer some time.

Georgiy's picture

I can not understand the reason, then connect then not, firmware 1.1.6.36

Georgiy's picture

I will test,I have no choice, I left Android

piggz's picture

File an issue on github containing logs from journal, eg, as root, journalctl | grep amazfish

Georgiy's picture

Updated the watch to version 1.1.6.35 today, via Android on another phone, stopped connecting at all.

alex000090's picture

I've update to 1.1.6.36 from android. There is no problem with connection to amazfish. But first of all I remove my watch from mi fit with rebooting the watch.

piggz's picture

You might have made it incompatible (for the moment) ... some newer devices use a server based pairing mode, and there is some comment that older devices with newer fw also use this pairing method.  I am writing such support for the amazfit GTS, but not tried on a Bip yet on the latest FW.

Georgiy's picture

Sorry for bad english.

Georgiy's picture

Not working.

Georgiy's picture

All right,we need an automatic reconnect.

piggz's picture

it does, it checks once a minute and has worked fine for quite some time.  What is not working?

ronny_b's picture

Dear Adam,

since the last update, the alarm clocks can be switched on and off on the BIP, but the app will overwrite them again. Has anything been changed here?

Ronny

piggz's picture

I dont _think_ I changed anything. It should only overwrite when you click the save button on the alarms page.  There doesnt seem to be a way to read the alarms back from the watch.  I will double check that alarms arnt being written at other times.

ronny_b's picture

The problem only seems to occur when the connection between the watch and the mobile phone is lost. Once the watch is back in range and connected to the phone, the alarms on the watch are overwritten. I have seen this happen several times now on both our mobile phones.

Ronny

piggz's picture

I found the problem

ronny_b's picture

Thanks, that was quick! I'm going to test it.

D_R's picture

Dear Adam,
It's working now. You made my day! Thank you very much for your personal assistance!!!