Amazfish

Donations: https://paypal.me/piggz

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip, Cor, MiBand2/3 and GTS

***PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING TO 0.9.0***

Version 0.9.0 requires sailfish version 3.0.3.8 or above due to changes in the base sailfish image

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip and GTS, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching fotn (.ft) and resource (.res).  Send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching font and resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the font and resource.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

So, to re-iterate, the firmware flashing order is:

• .fw
  • .ft
  • .res

Amazfit GTS

Beta support for the Amazfit GTS includes activity data sync and sports sync (GPS). No support for downloading FW or watch face, an no support for sending weather data.  GTS requires a server-side pairing key which requires inital pairing with an android device.  To get the key, follow the instructions here and enter into Amzafish when prompted, WITHOUT 0x at the beginning.

MiBand 2/3/Cor

These devices are untested and use the Bip backend.  Should be safe to try and FW download should not be allowed.

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from their device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-1.5.5-1.armv7hl.rpm2.45 MB15/05/2020 - 11:48

1.5.5

• Fixed sending weather to GTS
  • Refactored weather code
  • Initial support for Pinetime-JF

1.5.1

• Be more stringent about allowing firmwares to be downloaded
  • Fix timestamps in GPX files

1.5.0

• Fixed file transfers (watchface/fw) to the Bip
  • Watchface transfer to Bip Lite confirmed working
  • Added file transfer support for the GTS
    • Watchface confirmed working on XA2/Mido
    • FW confirmed working on Mido

1.4.5

• Added heartrate analysis page
  • Moved raw graphs to menu

1.4.0

• Large contribution from Petr Tsymbarovich
    • Reworked pairing
    • Updated first page
    • Updated config storage
    • Updated device selection
    • Use nemo notifications
  • Add indoor cycling activity type
  • Fix syncing data when in DST(hopefully!)

1.3.1

• Darker paercentage circle
  • Fixed service Stop button
  • Load steps on startup for quicker display
  • Translation updates

1.3.0

• UI improvements thanks to @AlphaX2
  • Note added to sleep page

1.2.0

• Hopefully fix reading calendar
  • Translation update
  • Start using the supported-features system to hide some UI components when not applicable

1.1.3

• Improve coverpage information and actions
  • Fix labels on graphs
  • Fix auth with bip lite / band
  • Fix bug for time format selection
  • Add support for sending calendar events to supprorted devices
  • Request alarm info from watch on init
  • Fix display of steps showing x10 sometimes

1.1.2

• Fix initial pairing with Bip, Miband 3 and maybe others

1.1.1

• Add support for Bip Lite
  • Allow connection of MiBand3 and Cor (untested, uses the Bip backend)
  • Translation updates

1.1.0

• Fix alarms being overwritten
  • Initial (beta) support for Amazfit GTS
  • New pairing page and improved pairing

1.0.0

• Added support for flashing newer firmwares
  • Added disconnect notification option
  • Fix buffered notifications when the watch is not connected (they never worked)
  • Added workaround for data not syncing when in DST
  • Added low battery notification

0.9.2
Stop notification when call answered
Fix sending weather on interval
Add more languages for watch (only works if supported by FW)

0.9.1
Fixed crash for new users
Weather UI fixes
Whitelisted some more firmware
Translation updates
Bugfixes for daemon/ui split

0.9.0
***ONLY FOR SAILFISHOS >= 3.0.3***
Daemon/UI split
Reworked some pages to streamline them

0.8.9
Add buffer for 10 notifications when watch disconnected

0.8.8
Added deep sleep value to page
Save GPX files in data location not cache location
May install on SFOS 3.0.3 when available

0.8.7
New UI layout
Sleep statistics

0.8.5
Added step summary chart showing steps over previous 20 days from the selected day
Added auto-sync of activity data which occurs each hour

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

jpn9s's picture

Since Feb 7th, thus the fifth day, Cor with XA2 SFOS 3.2.1.20 + Amazfish ver 1.1.1 has been working very flawlessy. Great! Thank you.

velemas's picture

Pairing with Amazfit Cor 2 (Amazfit Band 2) does not work in 1.1.1.

Caluna's picture

Hi did anyone test, if GTS support also ads suppor fot GTR?

ninepine's picture

Amazfit GTS

Hi @piggz Many thanks for the App and the work on the recent beta for GTS. Here are some comments / feedback. Not sure I have done everything right but hope these notes are helpful.

I’m running Amazfish 1.1.1-1 on Sony Xperia XA2 running Sailfish Nuuksio 3.2.1.20 connecting to Amazfit GTS with Firmware v0.0.8.37 (Have not attempted to flash any firmware files described as for Amazfit Bip). Watch firmware updated using Amazfit for Android on an Android phone to latest firmware (0.0.8.3)

Pairing. Have paired natively in Sailfish Settings – It is showing as Connected. No need to get key for pairing etc. In settings Debug info though the Connection State is :authfailed

App shows Battery level and Heartrate correctly and Bluetooth refreshes every few minutes to update. On Steps screen the current step count is captured and shown but sometime this is augmented temporarily by a factor of 10. There is a list of dates below the step count but this is not bound to the step count. Moving between dates shows the step count for the current date rather than changing for each day. There is no Data / graphs shown in any of the graph boxes but this is the first day connected. Sleep shows no data and is zero. Analysis screen shows no data.

Not sure is I should have flashed to BIP firmware or if the database is OK. No option to Download Data (greyed pulldown option).

Some clarification on whether to flash the Bip firmware for the GTS would be appreciated please.

Hope this is helpful. Best wishes,

Mike

piggz's picture

1. DO NOT flash a bip FW to a GTS

2. You definitiely need the pairing code and to pair through the app as described, its not enough to just "pair" it in jolla-settings, without that, the watch wont authenticate to the app.

ninepine's picture

@piggz Thanks for clarifying. Will pair through the app.

jpn9s's picture

Or multiplies with 10 (10x)the steps as mentioned earlier allready.

Funny, my Cor attached to Amafish counted steps earlier without any problem. After that yesterday-crisis due to the jump to Vers 1.1.0 / 1.1.1 my Amafish step counting went crazy. I have SFOS 3.2.1.0.20 in my XA2, too.

carmenfdezb's picture

This version fix bugs for amazfit bip? In v1.1 I can't send any file to my watch and it doesn't shows right values in steps.

carmenfdezb's picture

Ok, I've installed v1.1.1 and it only has bug about steps

jpn9s's picture

I read of Sailfish API Documentation. Unfortunately I do not have any skill for any adding. I'm sorry.

jpn9s's picture

Works now for Cor, too. Thank you very much. Va bene adesso.

jpn9s's picture

Mi scusi
. ☺ Bluetooth shows Amazfit Cor... But I do not understand what dialog? Cor is not shown in pairing options.

jpn9s's picture

Thus 1.1.0. Cor does not pair with app. App only shows 'Start service'. Nothing else.

piggz's picture

Can you give the name of the Cor as it appears in the sailfish settings dialog?

jpn9s's picture

Dear Piggz,

Good afternoon. My XA2 loaded 1.1.1 Amazfish. Noted that Amazfit Cor does not work anymore. Is it skipped out, isn't it? Thank you for your reply on this.

carmenfdezb's picture

Hi @piggz!
Since I've updated to v1.1 I have some issues:
1) Wrong value in steps: when I access to steps page, it always shows the value multiplied tenfold. For example, if steps value is 1000 in my amazfit bip, amazfish displays 10000. It only shows the right value when I synchronize data.
2) I can't install firmware, it always shows invalid file. However, I can install firmware with v0.9.2 (it fails in v1.0 too)

erdzas's picture

Hi @piggz.
 I found some small bugs with my GTS and the 1.1.0-1:

First of all, I get two notifications on the watch for one on the phone.

Second, I have a button to mark the notification as read, but in the majority I don’t have it.

Thirdly the time format displayed on the watch is in 12Hrs while in the settings I selected 24Hrs (bug also present on my miband2)

Sanpo's picture

So, everytime I reboot my xperia 10+, I have to pair my Bip again..

carmenfdezb's picture

Hi @piggz!

I'm trying to analize the database but I don't understand some values (for example, a lot of values in 'heartbeat' are '255' in my database). I'll be very grateful if you explain here or in github the meaning of fields in database.

Thanks in advance!

MihailSafonov's picture

С Mi Band 4 будет работать?

erdzas's picture

Hi @piggz.

First, nice app, it work well for cor and miband 2.

Is theire any workaround to pair with GTS, for now?

Or must we wait the next realase?

Now when I try to pair, the app stay at "connecting to watch" stage

piggz's picture

Wait fo rnext release :)

jpn9s's picture

Good morning. I have Amazfit Cor plus Amazfish together XA2 SFOS 3.2.1.20. Everything works perfect, but the calendar alarms in the phone are not shown in my Amazfit Cor. Calls and messages are shown. Also putting on Android support is shown in my Cor. What do I have to do that also calendar alarms are  shown, or  are they not allowed yet? Thank you for your Amazfish and for your help.

alex000090's picture

Dear piggz,
There is the problem with newest version of the program or my firmware. I can't switch on/off alarms from the clock. So, if in the program alarm is on and I switch off it from the clock it again switch on itself afrer some time.

Georgiy's picture

I can not understand the reason, then connect then not, firmware 1.1.6.36

Georgiy's picture

I will test,I have no choice, I left Android

piggz's picture

File an issue on github containing logs from journal, eg, as root, journalctl | grep amazfish

Georgiy's picture

Updated the watch to version 1.1.6.35 today, via Android on another phone, stopped connecting at all.

alex000090's picture

I've update to 1.1.6.36 from android. There is no problem with connection to amazfish. But first of all I remove my watch from mi fit with rebooting the watch.

piggz's picture

You might have made it incompatible (for the moment) ... some newer devices use a server based pairing mode, and there is some comment that older devices with newer fw also use this pairing method.  I am writing such support for the amazfit GTS, but not tried on a Bip yet on the latest FW.