Fuoten BETA

Your rating: None Average: 5 (3 votes)

Importan Note: If you are updating from version prior to 0.4.0, you have to delete data and configuration at /home/nemo/.config/harbour-fuoten and /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-fuoten! Simply delete these folders.

Fuoten is the successor of ocNews, and as ocNews, it is a client for the ownCloud/Nextcloud News App. This is a development preview. It should be stable but lacks some of the features of ocNews. There is currently no optimized UI for tablets, so the current version only supports phones.

Features

• Account setup
  • Folder list and folder management (add, delete, mark as read)
  • Feed list and feed management (add, delete, move, mark as read)
  • Article list and article management (mark as read/unread, star/unstar)
  • Article content view (internal, webview or external browser)
  • Separate settings for each folder and feed
  • Url sharing

File harbour-fuoten-0.6.0-1.armv7hl.rpm422.68 KB27/10/2017 - 02:11
File harbour-fuoten-0.6.1-1.armv7hl.rpm423.35 KB27/10/2017 - 14:12
File harbour-fuoten-0.6.2-1.armv7hl.rpm422.29 KB06/11/2017 - 12:38
File harbour-fuoten-0.6.3-1.armv7hl.rpm518.62 KB26/11/2018 - 22:49
File harbour-fuoten-0.6.4-1.armv7hl.rpm518.76 KB04/12/2018 - 12:40

Version 0.6.4

• info: maintenance update for sixth preview release
  • fixed: text that is too long destroys the layout (#43)
  • fixed: renaming dialogs are not accepted on enter key (#45)

Version 0.6.3

• info: maintenance for sixth preview release
  • new: French translation by Antoine Vacher
  • new: support compressed server responses (gzip and deflate)
  • improved: use icons fitting to the current screen pixel ratio
  • improved: add an option to disable the push up menu on article page and hide it by default
  • improved: set default request timeout to 300 seconds to improve reliablitiy for long running remote actions like marking many articles as read
  • fixed: mark all items as read

Version 0.6.2

• info: maintenance for sixth preview release
  • fixed: wrong association to startup wizard account page scroll decorator flickable property (#39)

Version 0.6.1

• info: maintenance for sixth preview release
  • fixed: initial synchronization fails (#38)
  • improved: add cover action to copy article link to clipboard
  • improved: add share entry to article page push up menu

Version 0.6.0

• sixth preview release
  • new: use notifications to notify about succeeded tasks and occuring errors (#36)
  • new: pseudo background updates that synchronize with the server activated by user interaction (#25)
  • new: share links with the SailfishOS sharing mechanism
  • new: settings for font sizes in internal view and internal web view
  • improved: store the ownCloud/Nextcloud password AES256 encrypted
  • improved: navigation buttons for the internal web view (#21)
  • improved: show information about current article on the cover (#31)
  • improved: user agent for the web view is now selectable of a per feed setting
  • fixed: remorse item on feed entry in folder view destroys the layout (#30)
  • fixed: long feed and folder names crash the application (#37)

Version 0.5.2

• info: maintenance for fifth preview release
  • new: Dutch translation by Nathan Follens
  • fixed: scroll to top does not work on article view (#35)

Version 0.5.1

• info: maintenance for fifth preview release
  • fixed: links not working on article page (#34)
  • improved: translation updates

Version 0.5.0

• info: fifth preview release
  • new: cover information and cover action (#22)
  • new: per feed storage cleanup (#26)
  • new: notification and progress area (#28)
  • improved: feed icon (#33)
  • improved: request items after adding feed (#29)
  • improved: translation updates

Version 0.4.0

• info: fourth preview release
  • new: show last sync time in pull down menu (#24)
  • new: copy article url to clipboard menu entry (#23)
  • new: article content display (#15)
  • new: context setting for article opening (#19)
  • new: mark all articles as read (#18)
  • new: optional article excerpt in article list (#20)
  • new: Swedish translation by Åke Engelbrektson

Version 0.3.0

• info: third preview release
  • new: article list view
  • new: mark articles as read/unread
  • new: star/unstar articles

Version 0.2.0

• info: second preview release
  • new: feeds list view
  • new: feeds list sorting
  • new: mark feeds as read
  • new: move feeds
  • new: add feeds
  • new: delete feeds
  • new: rename feeds

Version 0.1.0

• info: first preview release
  • new: folder list view
  • new: folder list sorting
  • new: delete folders
  • new: create folders
  • new: rename folders
  • new: mark folders as read

Comments

syscrh's picture

Great application! Thank you very much for it! Works very well on my Xperia X Compact with Sailfish 3.0.0.8 in conjunction with Nextcloud 14.
Three things: First, dates aren't all properly displayed for me "libfuoten-yesterday". Second, would it be possible to add scroll tracking, so articles get marked as read once you scroll past them? Third, on the X Compact text in portrait mode in the "All Articles" view is displayed wider than the display.

Buschtrommel's picture

Thank you that you like it. :)

To the first: What language are you using? What language has been set in the Fuoten settings? Not all languages are completely translated. But normally than the English string should be shown.

To the second: Nice idea. Will implement something like this.

To the third: Can you upload a screenshot somewhere? On my Jolla and on my Xperia X, all looks as it should.

syscrh's picture

I'm using "English (UK)" as my OS language. Fuoten has set the language to "Default". The date issue can also be seen on the screenshots I've taken of the third issue from my two X Compacts running Sailfish 3.0.0.8 (the third one happens in all views, e. g. All articles, Starred articles, and with different RSS feeds, but only in portrait mode: https://imgur.com/a/mLECRBb

I hope they illustrate the issue well ... ;)

I am also happy to hear that you like the idea of scroll tracking! This will make reading news on Sailfish even more enjoyable than it already is!

Buschtrommel's picture

Hey, I just uploaded version 0.6.4. Please chek, if that fixes your issues.

syscrh's picture

Wow, thanks for the quick update!

It actually improved the readability in portrait mode by a lot! But unfortunately it didn't fix all the issues: https://imgur.com/a/rgOMw1g

EDIT: Somehow all issues have completely disappeared now (I didn't toggle any settings) ...

Buschtrommel's picture

Nice to hear. :) I otherwise would have proposed that you completely reinstall the app.

simosagi's picture

Does the app still works OK with Sailfish 2.2?
I ask because in my case it seems to have issues with SSL login. If I enable HTTP access to my nextcloud instance, it can login ok and read news articles, but if I allow only HTTPS access , the app throws a "SSL/TLS handshake failed" error.
However, HTTPS access should be OK, because e.g. Ghostcloud (Sailfish app) can do HTTPS login from the same device and access the nextcloud folders.

Buschtrommel's picture

Hm. I was using it all the time on any release - now on 3.0.0.8 - and newer had this issue. Is the issue still alive for you? If yes, it would be good if you could create a test account on your Nextcloud instance for me and send me the auth data via private message.

babba22's picture

Hi! Fuoten does not start. This is what I get when launching it from terminal:

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-fuoten
[D] 18:40:46:683: Using Wayland-EGL
[W] 18:40:48:813: file:///usr/share/harbour-fuoten/qml/common/wizard/Account.qml:49:46: Unable to assign Dialog_QMLTYPE_39 to QQuickFlickable

Buschtrommel's picture

Hey, which version are you using?

babba22's picture

I'm using last version: 0.6.1-1

Jolla 1, sfos 2.1.2.3

Buschtrommel's picture

Hello babba22, I just uploaded version 0.6.2 that should fix that issue. Thank you for reporting.

babba22's picture

Sadly the app still does not start..

To be honest, when launchng it from terminal it does not throw any error, so I think that the bug I reported is corrected. But still I can't use the app... Both launching the app from terminal or from app grid it simply doesn't start; looking with lighthouse app the processes in background I can see  that fouten process is running eating at least 50% of the cpu usage

Buschtrommel's picture

Hm, I can not reproduce it. Can you please try deleting ~/.local/share/harbour-fuoten and ~/.config/harbour-fuoten ?

babba22's picture

Done, but nothing has changed... I even tried to delete .cache/harbour-fuoten and .local/share/dbus-1/services/org.something.fuoten but I got same result D:

erdzs's picture

Thanks it work great!!!

Buschtrommel's picture

Nice to hear that. :)

erdzs's picture

0.6.0-1

Buschtrommel's picture

Can you please update to versino 0.6.1? (Available her) :) There was a regression in 0.6.0 that has been fixed in 0.6.1 - sounds like your issue.

erdzs's picture

Hi, it don't work for me. The notification show me I hahe 23 unread article and in app I can't read any thing (i have 0 article).
With the same conf all work well with ocnews. Wat log do you want?

Buschtrommel's picture

Which version are you using?

babba22's picture

Great app! It already works very well, even if it has BETA status :D Good job!