Storeman

Your rating: None Average: 5 (65 votes)

Unofficial native OpenRepos.net client for Sailfish OS

WARNING! Storeman is at its early stage of development and can be unstable! Application name does not affiliated to any other software.

NOTE: Sailfish OS 2.1.4 / Lapuanjoki store client (0.12.8-10.7.1.jolla) obsoletes all Storeman versions to 0.0.15 inclusive. If you've upgraded to Lapuanjoki and Storeman has been removed then you can try Storeman v0.0.16 or higher.

Current features:

• List recently updated applications
  • List installed applications
  • List, add/remove, enable/disable repositories
  • Show applications info similar to the official Jolla store client
  • Install/remove applications
  • All lists are scrollable, data is loaded in the background
  • Search for applications
  • Tap on the "Reply to" label on the comments list to navigate to the original comment
  • List categories and apps by categories
  • Comment, reply to comments and edit comments for apps
  • Use button panel to add HTML tags when typing comments (hint: select text and then click a button to wrap it with a tag)
  • Initial support for apps bookmarks
  • Initial support for backups
  • Show categories on the applications page - tap a category label to show all related applications
  • Rate applications
  • Find and manage local RPM files

Supported locales:

Report an issue:

Development:

Donations:

Latest binaries also available at Mer Project Open Build Service.

File harbour-storeman-0.0.21-2.armv7hl.rpm281.12 KB19/03/2018 - 23:48
File harbour-storeman-0.0.28-1.armv7hl.rpm267.68 KB20/07/2018 - 23:38
File harbour-storeman-0.0.28-1.i486.rpm285.69 KB20/07/2018 - 23:38
File harbour-storeman-0.0.29-1.armv7hl.rpm271.95 KB03/11/2018 - 16:51
File harbour-storeman-0.0.29-1.i486.rpm290.45 KB03/11/2018 - 16:51

2018-11-03 • 0.0.29-1

• Update translations
  • Try to show packages of an author (repository)

Full changelog.

Comments

hwansing's picture

Hi. storeman seems rather unusable here on 3.0.0.8. Trying to install several apps like Laufhelden or Pure Maps results in a fail due to "Aborted by user". pkcon refresh did not help. Downloading the files directly from openrepos and installing them with file manager works. So this looks like some sort of "download problem". However, irritating error message. Is there some log file to look into?

Skillmon's picture

Remove from the pulley doesn't work if an update is available.

rob_k's picture

Hi osetr,

Thank you for creating Storeman, works so much faster than Warehouse did. Pity I have to renew my login so frequently, but I guess there are security reasons for this.

I noticed a few times that writing a comment did not result in actually placing a comment in openrepos. I just tested (you probably saw that), and it works now ;)

Giving a rating from the app would be a nice feature. Tapping the star results in a bookmark now.

Cheers, Rob

osetr's picture

Hi,
Dissapearing comments is a known issue.
You can rate apps by tapping the "Thumb up" icon.

Markkyboy's picture

Hola osetr,

'An error occured' when trying to update storeman 'armv7hl/geoclue-provider-here-0.0.17-1.2.4.jolla.armv7hl.rpm not found......'
What has this got to do with maps?, I don't have any mapping system on the device, any ideas?, thanks

osetr's picture

Hi, Look at my previous reply to PawelSpoon

Markkyboy's picture

Doh!, of course, how could I forget pkcon refresh!, problem fixed, thanks osetr! :)

PawelSpoon's picture

Could not update on os 3.0 due to missing hci attach...

osetr's picture

There are some troubles with jolla repos after upgrade. Try to run devel-su pkcon refresh.

huuhaa's picture

This doesn't seem to help me. I did factory reset and upgraded to SFOS3 on Jolla 1 and installed Storeman and enabled some repos. Now none of the SFOS apps seems to have internet connection while android apps does have.

I Downloaded latest Storeman with Firefox Android and then ssh to my Jolla and went to Android Downloads folders (haven't yet install file browser and now can't), installed that latest Storeman via terminal and the tried to:

[root@Sailfish nemo]# pkcon refresh
Refreshing cache
Refreshing software list
Finished
Fatal error: Download (curl) error for 'https://store-repository.jolla.com/releases/3.0.0.5/jolla-hw/adaptation-...':
Error code: Connection failed
Error message: Could not resolve host: store-repository.jolla.com

osetr's picture

Yes, I had the same issue with unresolvable jolla repos.and I dealed with it by using VPN.

huuhaa's picture

Hmm.. I don't know why or how VPN should help, but I do have Windscribe Pro account, just never even tried to st it up to Sailfish OS. Any pointer for this one?

Edit:

Followed this route: https://windscribe.com/guides/manual_android#openvpn

Sailfish VPN is at state connecting...

Edit 3: VPN Finally connected and after that pkcon refresh worked. Phew ( & Thanks!)

I assume it won't be able to connect cause it doesn't seem to able to connect internet, even when it obviously does connect cause all android apps have internet connection..

Edit 2: I shared Android data connection as hotspot and turned VPN ON at android (even thought I still don't know why should VPN matter here), then tried again via phone fingerterm, but till same error message.

scanner's picture

have you tried just executing it again? - that worked for me.

huuhaa's picture

Several time, have even shutdown device and tried just now but still not working.

Edit: VPN method worked for me at the end, see above.

addy's picture

Page for SailSecure does not load, 'loader' keeps spinning on blank scrern. Running via cmd line shows an error about OrnApplication: "information updated but it doesn't have any package name".

osetr's picture

If you open the SailSecure page with a web browser you'll see it has no packages to download. I'll fix Storeman to handle such apps when I have time.

Kelmi's picture

I encountered issue, so sometimes storeman notify to login again when I was logged in and I need to log in again. This happening about every few weeks. I'm using sailfish 2.2.0. I remember this issue happening also earlier storeman version.

Vieno's picture

My comment is somehow related to @addy comments. I can't update my OS due to the fact of using Xperia X Compact. But I'm notified about updates, which aren't suitable for my OS version. Guess the API won't permit checks like that. But how about a suppress update option?

osetr's picture

Hm. Now I noticed that disabling automatic updates checking hides the "Disable notifications" switcher. It's a bug in UI and should be fixed.

osetr's picture

I think it's related to this issue. For now you can disable notifications for available updates.

Vieno's picture

Correct, that basically the same feature request ;-) Using the phone to add comments has no full text search for previous comments ;-) (this is not a feature request)

Vieno's picture

In case anybody has an endless refresh cache problem like I had.

Try as root: zypper ref -f

Kabouik's picture

Maybe another suggestion, since Storeman has now become the main way to comment on Openrepos for many users: what about a "See your comments" in the "This device" screen? It could come above the "Backups" button, and would show comments from the latest at the top to previous ones below, with the name of the app as a header for each comment, replies displayed, and tap to go to the corresponding app comments page.
This would greatly facilitate keeping track of recent comments and questions to devs. I posted like 10 comments lately, and while I know some will be answered soon, some devs don't really check often and it may take weeks or months until they notice, probably when they'll update their app.
I understand it may be a lot of work, but I'm just throwing ideas naively.

osetr's picture

It's a good idea but it's not possible with the current API as I know. Try to create an issue here.

addy's picture

Unable to view screenshots after last update. Nothing happens after clicking on the thumbnails.

osetr's picture

Which version of SFOS do you use?

addy's picture

2.1.4 Intex

osetr's picture

The last changes in Storeman break the compatability with this version. You can use the previous version or revert the changes manually. I will try to add a workaround for older versions of OS in next release.

Kabouik's picture

Excellent, thanks. Hope you'll find a decent way to implement that without too much coding.

Kabouik's picture

Would it be possible to have some sort of filtering or category to restrict listed applications depending on the date of their last update? It could be a menu or a keyword in the search field like "date: yyyy-mm-dd" or "lastmodification: xx (number of months)".
There are now many outdated, old or even abandonned apps on Openrepos, and while some still work and just are complete with no need for updates, most are just not maintained anymore and may not run anymore, have better alternatives (see for example the many applications for Telegram or Whatsapp, most being abandonned), or have vulnerabilities. It could be useful for patches as well.
Otherwise, Storeman still rocking! Thanks for the great app and for your continued work!