DeadBeef Silica

4.9

A Sailfish port of the DeadBeef audio player.

NEW: Option to pause playback when wired/BT headset is unplugged and to resume playback when headset is plugged

Features:

• Wide range of supported formats:
    • Lossy audio: MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, DTS, WMA, MusePack, MP2, MP1
    • Lossless audio: FLAC, APE, WavPack, ALAC, TTA, Shorten
    • Uncompressed audio: WAV, AIFF
    • Tracker music: MOD, XM, IT, S3M, STM, PTM, MTM, 669
    • Game music: GBS, AY
    • SID tunes
    • MIDI (requires FreePats package installed)
    • Other rare audio formats (most of them are not tested)
  • Cuesheet (.CUE files) support
  • Gapless playback
  • Streaming radio support
  • Multiple playlists support with ability to save and load playlists in M3U, M3U8, PLS and native DBPL formats
  • Support for tags in various formats
  • Playback Queue support
  • 18-band graphical equalizer
  • Support for various playback orders (linear, shuffle tracks, shuffle albums, random) and looping modes (loop all, loop single song, do not loop)
  • Last.fm scrobbling support
  • Support for controlling playback through the buttons on a lockscreen
  • Support for controlling playback through Bluetooth headset buttons. It currently works on a phones with Bluez5 only (Sailfish X at least). Support for phones with Bluez4 (Jolla 1 and some others) is expected some time later.
  • Support for controlling playback throught wired headset button (Call/Hangup single-press - play/pause, double-press - next track, triple-press - previous track)
  • Support for playing files directly from ZIP files
  • Option to restore previous session at startup

Available and upcoming translations:

Статус перевода

Please feel free to propose your own translation or a fix for existing one using online translation service.

Known issues:

• MMS streaming protocol is supported but currently broken
  • ALAC is currently broken
  • PLS playlist format is currently broken
  • BT headset unplugging always pauses playback no matter if "Pause playback when headset is unplugged" option is enabled or disabled

Please use https://bitbucket.org/kravich/deadbeef-silica/issues bug tracker to file bug reports and feature requests.

File deadbeef-silica-0.1-10.3.1.jolla_.armv7hl.rpm102.59 KB25/12/2017 - 18:20
File deadbeef-silica-0.2-1.armv7hl.rpm1019.3 KB23/04/2019 - 19:54
File deadbeef-silica-0.3-1.armv7hl.rpm183.05 KB08/06/2019 - 17:36
File deadbeef-silica-0.4-1.armv7hl.rpm203.08 KB24/08/2019 - 11:32
File deadbeef-silica-0.5-1.armv7hl.rpm200.94 KB09/11/2019 - 17:29
File deadbeef-silica-0.6-1.armv7hl.rpm201.25 KB19/01/2020 - 15:38
File deadbeef-silica-0.7-1.armv7hl.rpm206.85 KB09/02/2020 - 13:33
File deadbeef-silica-0.8-1.armv7hl.rpm208.32 KB22/02/2020 - 14:27

0.8:
- Implemented option to pause playback when wired/BT headset is unplugged and to resume playback when headset is plugged

Full changelog

Comments

247's picture

Nope this is different...i am complaining that only default media player stutters...other players are working fine and default media player has been stuttering since day one...as for this, i don't have any patch installed so i don't think there is some conflict, but considering this is an alpha it might be bugged (no offense intended) considering i need even to remove every folder related to dead beef to make it work again...i would launch it from terminal to see the output but i don't know the exact name to input...

kravich's picture

If player does not open at the second time, it probably means that the first instance hangs on shutdown and prevents new instance to be started. I recall I saw this problem once but I was unable to reproduce it again. Could you please execute "ps ax|grep deadbeef" command when problem happens and provide output?

Also, to start player from the terminal to see it's output you could use "deadbeef --gui silica" command.

247's picture
kravich's picture

Hmmm, this is definitely not a hangup on shutdown since 'ps' shows no instances of application before it is started second time. I have created an issue and will try to reproduce it on my side.

The thing that worries me is the bunch of warnings at the end of the log... Origin of some of them is known, but I have not seen others before. Could you please send me a list of patches and custom system software installed on you system by private message so I can check them by myself?

247's picture

Patches?nope...my jolla 1 is completely stock, i don't even have patchmanager installed...i just have lpm enabled (via terminal) and an icon theme which only covers android apps...do you want to know the apps installed?

kravich's picture

No, I don't think that regular apps are involved. Since there is only two system tweaks, and lpm could be discarded due to locality of it's influence, the only thing left to check is the icon theme. And as I remember, console log of the player actually contains some warnings related to it. Icon theme you use is this one, don't you?

247's picture

First bug i noticed is the fact that it opens just one time, then you need to unistall and install it again to open it...by the way, i assume this player will never have album and artist view right?

kravich's picture

Hi 247! Do you still observe described issue with the new version of this application?

I checked logs you provided before and can't figure out what was the cause of a bug. But a lot of time has passed since and many versions of software has changed, so it worth to check if this issue is still here.

kravich's picture

>by the way, i assume this player will never have album and artist view right?

Currently deadbeef core supports only playlists, but when original author will finish "medialibrary" plugin, various medialibrary-related use-cases (including artist and album view) could be relatively easy implemented in this port. However, it does not seem that this will happen in the near future.

Markkyboy's picture

Sounds more like a problem with your device, seeing as you are complaining on TJC that mediaplayers are stuttering and now you say DeadBeef needs to be removed and reinatalled to open it again - this is not the case for me, I can close and open the app repeatedly without problem, so it is not a bug, at least not in my opinion.

Kelmi's picture

Awesome to see first sailfish native player that supports .cue files! I tested this app and yeah .cue files opened.

Very simple player lack of features but let's wait future updates. I'm keep to testing this player and gladly report possible bugs and suggest some features. Thank you for this app!

kravich's picture

Kelmi, thank you for feedback! Yes, .cue support was the primary motivation to start development of this app =)

I hope I'll be able to provide new updates soon.