Jupii

UPnP/DLNA client for Sailfish OS

Following features are implemented:

- Discovery of UPnP/DLNA devices in a local network
- Remote control (Play, Pause, Next, Prev, Seek, Volume up/down)
- Playing local content (Music, Video, Images) on Media Renderer devices
- Playing gPodder's podcasts
- Playing remote content (e.g. internet radio, SomaFM channels, Icecast streams, FOSDEM videos, Bandcamp, SoundCloud, TuneIn stations)
- Playing items from Media Servers on Media Renderer devices
- Streaming of local Microphone to Media Renderer devices
- Streaming of audio playback of any local application (similar functionality to pulseaudio-dlna server)
- Screen casting (beta feature)
- Recording of tracks in Icecast streams
- Play queue (play once/repeat options)
- Playlists (saving/opening)
- Sharing content to other devices via UPnP Media Server

Any comments, issue reports are highly appreciated.

Translations:
All translations are very welcome. There are three ways to contribute:
- [preferred] Transifex project: https://www.transifex.com/mkiol/jupii/
- Direct github pull request: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/tree/master/sailfish/translations
- Translation file sent to me via e-mail: jupii@mkiol.net

Source code: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii
Bugs, Feature requests: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/issues or just email: jupii@mkiol.net

Keywords:

File harbour-jupii-2.9.1-2.i486.rpm3.78 MB15/03/2021 - 13:43
File harbour-jupii-2.9.1-2.aarch64.rpm3.47 MB15/03/2021 - 13:43
File harbour-jupii-2.9.1-2.armv7hl.rpm3.4 MB15/03/2021 - 13:43
File harbour-jupii-2.10.0-1.i486.rpm3.79 MB24/11/2021 - 20:17
File harbour-jupii-2.10.0-1.aarch64.rpm3.48 MB24/11/2021 - 20:17
File harbour-jupii-2.10.0-1.armv7hl.rpm3.41 MB24/11/2021 - 20:17
File harbour-jupii-2.10.1-1.armv7hl.rpm3.42 MB27/11/2021 - 20:22
File harbour-jupii-2.10.1-1.aarch64.rpm3.48 MB27/11/2021 - 20:22
File harbour-jupii-2.10.1-1.i486.rpm3.8 MB27/11/2021 - 20:28

2.10.1 (RC harbour release)

• Fixes for bugs in Album browser (albums without 'album artist' weren't displayed correctly)
  • Improvements in device discovery
  • External libs update to the most recent versions (FFmpeg, Libupnpp, x264)
  • Translations update: German, Polish, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish (As always many to all translators for their great effort!)

2.10.0 (beta release)

• Fixes for bugs discovered in SFOS 4.3 (Due to Tracker upgrade in the recent SFOS release, Album and Artist browser did not work correctly)
  • Fixes to SoundCloud integration (SoundCould API has been changed and therefore adding music from SoundCloud browser was broken)
  • Jupii as an option in 'Open link' dialog (Jupii can open links and it appears in 'Open link' dialog when you click on the link in other applications)

For more details see the About->Changes page in the app.

Comments

mkiol's picture

Info: Issue with Audio capture is resolved in the latest 2.7.0 release.

mkiol's picture

I can't reproduce this issue. I've checked with latest software on JollaC, XperiaX and Xperia10. Audio Capture seems to work fine.

If this error still occurs I would be grateful if you could gather log file (Settings->Enable logging).

objectifnul's picture
mkiol's picture

I've managed to observe this issue. I don't know how to fix it yet. Ugly workaround is to restart pulseaudio server or phone restart (sorry!). I'm investigating it...

objectifnul's picture

BTW restarting pulseaudio doesn't seem to help.

objectifnul's picture

Workaround : quick triple to sextuple tap on frozen item to activate it. 80% success.

PamNor's picture

Testing video streaming to Sony android TV. Fast tapping 2-3 times on spinning wheel does the trick. Video is playing on TV.

mkiol's picture

Thanks for the logs. I'm investigating this problem. It appears that renderer (device/app on which music should be played) stops playing just after Jupii started streaming.

What exacly is your renederer? It presents it self as "MPlayer 1.1".

Historyscholar's picture

update Chinese translation;)

Shervrar's picture

I only just installed this but so far you're restoring my faith in dlna. Something actually works for once! :)

Sanpo's picture

Works great with Kodi. Thank you!

sponka's picture

Thanks for usefull app! I can confirm it works great with windows version of foobar2000 + plugins, can be controlled by Jolla.

And please include slovenian (sl_SI) translation, its finished on transifex.

mkiol's picture

Info => Slovenian translation is included in the recent 2.2.2 release. Thank you for your contibution.

w_oe's picture

I've just tried the app on an Xperis XA2 with a Samsung C6800, which is about 8 years old. Streaming a video works nicely, but audio (microphone and capture) incurs a lag of about 1 minute. Playing music files directly doesn't work for me, maybe because transcoding would be required. So, thanks for this nice app. Maybe these issues can be solved.

mkiol's picture

Thank you for reporting it. Definitely I can look in to log to find were the issue is. This 1 munute lag is far to much, it should be not more that 10 seconds. I'm suspecting that your device for unknown reason tries to buffer the stream.

Procedure to gather log:

1. start Jupii from command line and redirect all output to a file (e.g. log.txt) :

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-jupii &> log.txt

2. test microphone, test capture, test playing files

3. close Jupii, get log file, check if log doesn't contain any sensitive data from your perspective

4. send log to jupii[at]mkiol.net

dirksche's picture

Thanks for keeping this great app up to date

Historyscholar's picture

Please  add  Chinese  translation .

Ingvix's picture

Would it be possible to stream all audio output from phone to upnp/dlna devices? I heard this was possible on some android app so I thought to ask if it'd be possible for this app too. It would be nice to be able to stream music from Spotify to my speaker system wirelessly, for example.

mkiol's picture

Yes, I belive it is possible. For example pulseaudio-dlna do such things for a desktop and SFOS uses pulse audio server as well. I'm investigating how to port or implement similar functionality in Jupii.

Ingvix's picture

Any news on the matter? I'm a bit eager to have this feature.

mkiol's picture

Please check the latest release => version 2.1.0. The "Audio output" feature enables to capture audio playback generated by any app including web berowser or Android app. It is in "beta" stage and has few bugs but it is usable and quite cool :-)

Ingvix's picture

Quite nice though a bit annoying that it doesn't mute phone speakers and if volume level on the phone is set to 0%, it will mute the streaming as well, though otherwise volume level doesn't seem to effect the streaming volume. I'm guessing this is already on your bug list.

mkiol's picture

Thank you for your tests.

> a bit annoying that it doesn't mute phone speakers

Actually it should be working as you expect it to. When Jupii starts audio capturing, app on the phone should be muted. I've tested it on XperiaX and JollaC. Maybe it is something device-depended? Please check it with only one app opened because sometimes it is a little bit unpredictable from which app audio is captured. I will improve it in the next release.

> if volume level on the phone is set to 0%, it will mute the streaming as well, though otherwise volume level doesn't seem to effect the streaming volume.

Yes, I'm aware of it. Maybe I will be able to find a solution.

velox's picture

You can't imagine how much I love the the new streaming feature. That was one of few reasons I 've kept a rooted android on an old nexus 7 tablet. Thank you so much for this!

Sadly, I can reproduce the behaviour described above. I'm about to add an issue with more info, because I think it's the appropriate place to do that.

cheers!

mkiol's picture

Thank you for letting me know. In the recent update (version 2.1.1) issue should be fixed.

mkiol's picture

It is on my TO-DO list. I promise I'll try to work on it but cannot guarantee any timeline.

carlosgonz's picture

wow! beautiful layout & desing v1.9.4. please take my money jupii : )

mkiol's picture

Thanks for the kind words and for your contibution to Spanish translation!

carlosgonz's picture

my pleasure.

objectifnul's picture

Looks promising, congratulations. Still in active development? (volume control, support of .pls playlists, etc.)