Amazfish

Donations: https://paypal.me/piggz

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip, Cor, MiBand2/3 and GTS

***PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING TO 0.9.0***

Version 0.9.0 requires sailfish version 3.0.3.8 or above due to changes in the base sailfish image

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip and GTS, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching fotn (.ft) and resource (.res).  Send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching font and resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the font and resource.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

So, to re-iterate, the firmware flashing order is:

• .fw
  • .ft
  • .res

Amazfit GTS

Beta support for the Amazfit GTS includes activity data sync and sports sync (GPS). No support for downloading FW or watch face, an no support for sending weather data.  GTS requires a server-side pairing key which requires inital pairing with an android device.  To get the key, follow the instructions here and enter into Amzafish when prompted, WITHOUT 0x at the beginning.

MiBand 2/3/Cor

These devices are untested and use the Bip backend.  Should be safe to try and FW download should not be allowed.

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from their device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-1.5.5-1.armv7hl.rpm2.45 MB15/05/2020 - 11:48

1.5.5

• Fixed sending weather to GTS
  • Refactored weather code
  • Initial support for Pinetime-JF

1.5.1

• Be more stringent about allowing firmwares to be downloaded
  • Fix timestamps in GPX files

1.5.0

• Fixed file transfers (watchface/fw) to the Bip
  • Watchface transfer to Bip Lite confirmed working
  • Added file transfer support for the GTS
    • Watchface confirmed working on XA2/Mido
    • FW confirmed working on Mido

1.4.5

• Added heartrate analysis page
  • Moved raw graphs to menu

1.4.0

• Large contribution from Petr Tsymbarovich
    • Reworked pairing
    • Updated first page
    • Updated config storage
    • Updated device selection
    • Use nemo notifications
  • Add indoor cycling activity type
  • Fix syncing data when in DST(hopefully!)

1.3.1

• Darker paercentage circle
  • Fixed service Stop button
  • Load steps on startup for quicker display
  • Translation updates

1.3.0

• UI improvements thanks to @AlphaX2
  • Note added to sleep page

1.2.0

• Hopefully fix reading calendar
  • Translation update
  • Start using the supported-features system to hide some UI components when not applicable

1.1.3

• Improve coverpage information and actions
  • Fix labels on graphs
  • Fix auth with bip lite / band
  • Fix bug for time format selection
  • Add support for sending calendar events to supprorted devices
  • Request alarm info from watch on init
  • Fix display of steps showing x10 sometimes

1.1.2

• Fix initial pairing with Bip, Miband 3 and maybe others

1.1.1

• Add support for Bip Lite
  • Allow connection of MiBand3 and Cor (untested, uses the Bip backend)
  • Translation updates

1.1.0

• Fix alarms being overwritten
  • Initial (beta) support for Amazfit GTS
  • New pairing page and improved pairing

1.0.0

• Added support for flashing newer firmwares
  • Added disconnect notification option
  • Fix buffered notifications when the watch is not connected (they never worked)
  • Added workaround for data not syncing when in DST
  • Added low battery notification

0.9.2
Stop notification when call answered
Fix sending weather on interval
Add more languages for watch (only works if supported by FW)

0.9.1
Fixed crash for new users
Weather UI fixes
Whitelisted some more firmware
Translation updates
Bugfixes for daemon/ui split

0.9.0
***ONLY FOR SAILFISHOS >= 3.0.3***
Daemon/UI split
Reworked some pages to streamline them

0.8.9
Add buffer for 10 notifications when watch disconnected

0.8.8
Added deep sleep value to page
Save GPX files in data location not cache location
May install on SFOS 3.0.3 when available

0.8.7
New UI layout
Sleep statistics

0.8.5
Added step summary chart showing steps over previous 20 days from the selected day
Added auto-sync of activity data which occurs each hour

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

chris7chris's picture

Well, I have resetted now, but I still can't connect htc Androidphone with Gadgetbridge to GTS.
BT turns itself off after a short time and thats it.
Sometimes BT stays on, but no Connection to Watch.

chris7chris's picture

I try to get my GTS working. With Amazfit mod i got the auth key, but Gadgetbridge (from borrowed Android Phone) does not connect to the watch. I tried a lot but no chance (SF OS latest version, XA2). The Bip of my son connected more or less easily to Amazfish. Any advices? Thanks in advance.

piggz's picture

you need to not reset the watch after obtaining the key...also, in GB you prefix the code with 0x, but not in amazfish.

D_R's picture

So I fixed the problem by uninstalling. Then I installed amazfish 1.4.0 paired the device andchecked the graphs. All was ok. Then I upgraded to actual
Amazfish ...

D_R's picture

Okay I've got it. But now I don't have any diagrams again...

eber42's picture

Alarm handling has stopped working in some recent release. Alarm does not show on watch if I do not select some days of week, and if I do it is created as a one shot alarm. Line "int repeatMask = config->alarmRepeatMask(n) ? 128 : 0;"  in MiBandService::setAlarms seem suspicious because it would prevent creating repeating alarms. And at least on bip firmware 1.1.5.16 a 0 value for repeatMask makes the alarm disappear.

carmenfdezb's picture

I have the same issue too. I've set an alarm from Monday to Friday and today it doesn't sound :(
Please, fix this bug, it's important.

D_R's picture

I had to reflash my XA2 yesterday :-(

now I can't install qt-qtconnectivity-qtbluetooth. How can I get this package installed?

zypper search results is package not found ????

eber42's picture

Package name may be qt5-qtconnectivity-qtbluetooth, and zypper can find it in jolla repository

Veraendert's picture

Hi, i did a search but found nothing. Is this supposed to work with Jolla1 & Amazfit Bip ? It should have BT4.0, so technically, it should support BLE, no? Thanks!

nobodyinperson's picture

No, the Jolla 1 unfortunately has no Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), so no luck there...

Veraendert's picture

Thanks anyway. That way i at least don't have to try any longer.

eber42's picture

It seems file upload, including watchfaces & firmwares, is broken with my Amazfit Bit (hardware rev: V0.11.2.4) since Amazfish version 1.0.0: last working version was 0.9.2. I tried with various watch firmware versions (0.1.1.45, 1.1.5.02, 1.1.5.16). Also you should remove line 46 ("m_type = Invalid;") in bipfirmwareinfo.cpp to enable firmware upload.

Thanks for your great app.

piggz's picture

I have already fixed with unreleased 1.5.0 .... if you contact me on telegram you can test

eber42's picture

Thanks, it works great now. But it seems the pairing dialog is broken unless I manually install qt5-qtconnectivity-qtbluetooth. Maybe you could add it as a required dependency ?

vige's picture

There's still something funny going on with pairing. Today I did a factory reset to my by bip. After that, the first attempt at pairing didn't quite work: amazfish clearly thought that the device had been paired, but the bip just displayed the pairing image. Second attempt worked as expected.

piggz's picture

Did you delete it from the sailfisBT settings page first?  Amazfish may have been reported the old device from bluez.

vige's picture

Sorry, I can't remember anymore :/ I'd say it's quite likely that I had not deleted the old device before the first attempt.

jpn9s's picture

One strange thing in Amazfish 1.4.5: At the moment I have as active two alarms just on Thursday. However these alarms are alarming me every day at set time values. It seems that 'Save settings' - buttoms are stuck somehow inside Alarm-sheet. Is this a bug or what? Otherwise everything works as it should. I have Amazfit Cor & Xperia XA2 SFOS 3.3.0.14.

Addition: I have rebooted twice until now.

Addition: Still continuing after 1.5.0.

sashikknox's picture

With 1.4.5-1 its show my data about sleep, pulse and training just once, in first start of new version , now juts show empty pages without any data
Sailfish 3.3.0.14, MiBand 3
and it not show weather icon in settings

sashikknox's picture

Downgrade to 1.4.0, 1.3 not helps, now all pages with data are empty, seems like all data lost... sad )

piggz's picture

unlikely that the upgrade broke anythng.... have to rebooted?  can you check the database contents using sqlite3?  any logs?

sashikknox's picture

After reboot, its now show all again, exclude day, when it was updated... Seems like amazfish service is was stoped after update.
Now it work normal

rdomschk's picture

Hello piggz - Thank you verry much! Now it's work perfect and the DST bug is solved! It is a great easter gift. Stay healthy...

jpn9s's picture

Dear piggz,

Thank you. Cor with XA2 SFOS 3.3.0.14 works now excellently after 1.4.0 update. Great!

jpn9s's picture

Also weather on Amazfit Cor shows ? on cloud. When the weather icon is opened on the watch , there is shown "Connect app to update". Does LUKS prevent this? Good luck for updating.

Update: Since two days from starting the error and since a couple of hours of writing the above, weather of Amazfit Cor started suddently syncronising. :) : )

rdomschk's picture

The same by me on Sony Xperia 10 Dual SFOS 3.2.1! + Amazfit GTS - no views in all sheets sind 30.03.2020. I deleted all Data and reinstall but its not solved. Any ideas?

piggz's picture

Yes, wait patiently me for me to fix DST handling :)

rdomschk's picture

Many thanks in advance - I have just dealt with DST and now understand what it will be. That will not be easy. I wish you every success and a nice weekend.
Stay healthy!

jpn9s's picture

I have Amazfit Cor + X XA2 3.2.1.20. I noticed just that Amazfish app does not show anymore steps, heart beats and intensity in the graphs anymore since March 30th? What are the problems?

Addition: If I enable encryption LUKS when SFOS 3.3.0 shall come, does this have influence in the operability of Amazfit Cor & Amazfish app? At the moment everything works without any encryption. Thank you for any help.

Addition: Restarting of Cor does not help anything. Something error due to change from winter time to summertime, +1 hour jump forward on Sunday 29th March? Only direct line on the graphs on Sunday.