Storeman

Unofficial native OpenRepos.net client for Sailfish OS

ATTENTION! If you have any troubles with installing, removing or updating packages after the system upgrade try to run devel-su pkcon refresh in the terminal app.

WARNING! Storeman is at its early stage of development and can be unstable! Application name does not affiliated to any other software.

Current features:

• List recently updated applications
  • List installed applications
  • List, add/remove, enable/disable repositories
  • Show applications info similar to the official Jolla store client
  • Install/remove applications
  • All lists are scrollable, data is loaded in the background
  • Search for applications
  • Tap on the "Reply to" label on the comments list to navigate to the original comment
  • List categories and apps by categories
  • Comment, reply to comments, edit and delete own comments for apps
  • Use button panel to add HTML tags when typing comments (hint: select text and then click a button to wrap it with a tag)
  • Initial support for apps bookmarks
  • Initial support for backups
  • Show categories on the applications page - tap a category label to show all related applications
  • Rate applications
  • Find and manage local RPM files
  • Hide some categories of applications

Supported locales:

Report an issue:

Development:

Donations:

Latest binaries also available at Mer Project Open Build Service.

File harbour-storeman-0.1.0-1.armv7hl.rpm284.88 KB11/02/2019 - 02:02
File harbour-storeman-0.1.6-2.i486.rpm317.76 KB06/08/2019 - 00:31
File harbour-storeman-0.1.7-3.armv7hl.rpm299.56 KB20/12/2019 - 01:37
File harbour-storeman-0.1.7-3.i486.rpm321.13 KB20/12/2019 - 01:37
File harbour-storeman-0.1.8-1.armv7hl.rpm302.35 KB04/01/2020 - 09:31
File harbour-storeman-0.1.8-1.i486.rpm323.64 KB04/01/2020 - 09:31

2019-01-04 • 0.1.8-1

• Open changelog directly in a browser if only contains a link (thanks to Miklós Márton)
  • Fix Refresh button in applications lists
  • Better fetching for applications lists
  • Add an option to refresh cache after system upgrade
  • Update translations

Full changelog.

Comments

Markkyboy's picture

Hi osetr

How do I upload an image to here from my PC?, . . . I wanted to show you a minor problem when using the Search option in Storeman, where the hint text ("Search results will be shown here") is laid right over the top of the search box, it just looks a bit messy, but search still works, so not an urgent problem. I'm using Jolla1.

osetr's picture

I can reproduce this issue by myself, thank you!

ferlanero's picture

Hi osetr! If you are planning to upload Storeman, could you add the option to copy in memory the openrepos url of an app to easily sharing in other application, please?

osetr's picture

Hi,

it's already in issues on GitHub

levone1's picture

I changed dns, and working fine with browsers, but get connection errors with repo-based apps like Storeman, (posted on TJC - https://together.jolla.com/question/224107/use-repo-apps-with-changed-dns/).
Can I fix it?
Thanks

osetr's picture

Sorry, I don't think I can help here.

PawelSpoon's picture

Regarding crash on comment: console said: segmentation fault
:) i had this once in my app and a simple rebuild for newer target did fix that

421399726's picture
Kabouik's picture

I can try, what is the harbour-storeman --option for debugging mode?

[Edit] No crash this time.

osetr's picture

I'm afraid it's quite harder. You need to use SDK. Or enable core dumping and send me a dump. But I don't know much about it myself. There is a how-to in the osmscout-sailfish repository on GitHub.

Kabouik's picture

It still crashes after posting for me, but the message is successfully sent, which is the most important.

osetr's picture

It's really annoying, but I can't spot the place where Storeman crashes because I can't reproduce the bug in debugging mode.

trial's picture

Test
Edit: Posting has been fixed!
Thank U!

P.S. A beer is coming...

trial's picture

Greetings all!
Am I the only one who has his instance crashing after posting a comment?
P.S. It crashed even now, while posting this one. Let's see if editing does it too...
P.S.2 Nope - editing works just fine

JacekJagosz's picture

Mee too (on Jolla 1), it has been happening for probably a year
Edit: Aaannd it crashed after posting this.

Alex's picture

@Osetr
Bug report:
If there are several application updates available and you manually update one app using the pulley menu inside its application page, then this will install ALL available app updates instead of just the intended one.

folaht's picture

Setup:

• Jolla Version 3.20
  • Sony Xperia XA2 Plus

I just installed Sailfish and the first thing I did was trying to figure out how to get Qwant & Duckduckgo as my search engines on my browser and ended up here.

Is this supposed to be in the Jolla store?

I can't find it.

szopin's picture

Install storeman to have an app that makes installing from openrepos easier (will automatically install dependencies if an app requires them, so you don't have to manually dl/install each rpm) and then for ddg and qwant you probably want this: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/search-engines-sailfish-browser

Pohli's picture

No option to update OSM Scout Server from 1.14.2 to latest 1.15.5. Is this a bug or is it some kind of protection from Storeman as latest version should not work on older SFOS versions (I'm on 3.0.1.11)?

olf's picture

"Protection":

1. Do read at the right place: https://openrepos.net/content/rinigus/osm-scout-server
    NB! For SFOS <=3.0.2.x users - do not upgrade here to versions >=1.14.3. Use OBS instead: http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/rinigus:/maps/sailfish_3.0.2.8_armv...
  2. Do not upgrade beyond OSM Scout Server 1.14.5 on SailfishOS < 3.0.2 and keep your map files: https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/318
osetr's picture

Did you try to run `pkcon get-updates`?

Pohli's picture

Just tried: [nemo@Sailfish ~]$ pkcon get-updates
Getting updates
Starting
Querying
Refreshing software list
Finished
There are no updates available at this time.

olf's picture

... which is correct, as there is nothing to update to from OpenRepos with OSM Scout Server 1.14.2 installed on SailfishOS < 3.0.2.

Please do research and read first, before asking (and thereby stealing others' time).

yusssufff's picture

Hi Osetr!

i cant manage to dowload an app from within storeman... storeman says : an error occured, file './drpms/droid-hal-version... was not not found on medium https://store.repository.jolla.com/releases/3.2.0.12/jolla-hw/adaptatin-qualcom-sony-nile/armv7hl/?cretentials=store

any idea?

thanks a lot!!

osetr's picture

devel-su pkcon refresh as always after an OS upgrade

Bocephus's picture

Still suffering from the issue where when many updates are available, choosing to update one separate application updates all of them...

sez_'s picture

any chance to be installed on xperia x? aarch64?

olf's picture

All SailfishOS releases for ARM comprise only ARMv7 binaries to date.
Hence SailfishOS on ARMv8 CPUs also uses solely ARMv7 application binaries.