Storeman

Native OpenRepos.net client for Sailfish OS

ATTENTION!

• Starting from version 0.1.10 Storeman uses Sailfish Secrets for authorization. It can be quite buggy, so please let me known if you have any troubles with authorization
  • If you have any troubles with installing, removing or updating packages after the system upgrade try to run devel-su pkcon refresh in the terminal app
  • Storeman can still be unstable! Application name does not affiliated to any other software

Current features:

• List recently updated applications
  • List installed applications
  • List, add/remove, enable/disable repositories
  • Show applications info similar to the official Jolla store client
  • Install/remove applications
  • All lists are scrollable, data is loaded in the background
  • Search for applications
  • Authorize to OpenRepos.net using Sailfish Secrets for secure storing of credentials
  • Comment, reply to comments, edit and delete own comments for apps
  • Use button panel to add HTML tags when typing comments (hint: select text and then click a button to wrap it with a tag)
  • Tap on the "Reply to" label on the comments list to navigate to the original comment
  • List categories and apps by categories
  • Hide any categories of applications
  • Show categories on the applications page - tap a category label to show all related applications
  • Initial support for apps bookmarks (offline only)
  • Initial support for backups (offline only)
  • Rate applications

File harbour-storeman-0.2.3-1.sfos3_.3.armv7hl.rpm312.4 KB29/11/2020 - 14:07
File harbour-storeman-0.2.3-1.sfos3_.3.i486.rpm347.94 KB29/11/2020 - 14:07
File harbour-storeman-0.2.3-1.sfos3_.4.armv7hl.rpm312.5 KB29/11/2020 - 14:07
File harbour-storeman-0.2.3-1.sfos3_.4.i486.rpm347.36 KB29/11/2020 - 14:07

2020-11-29 • 0.2.3

• Add Tatar (thanks to Rustem Abzalov) and update other translations
  • Fix notifications on repo modification
  • Fix again handling of package transactions status
  • Fix and enhance page of local RPM files: show version and description of RPMs, prevent the page from twitching on opening

Full changelog.

Comments

osetr's picture

Hi,

it's already in issues on GitHub

levone1's picture

I changed dns, and working fine with browsers, but get connection errors with repo-based apps like Storeman, (posted on TJC - https://together.jolla.com/question/224107/use-repo-apps-with-changed-dns/).
Can I fix it?
Thanks

osetr's picture

Sorry, I don't think I can help here.

PawelSpoon's picture

Regarding crash on comment: console said: segmentation fault
:) i had this once in my app and a simple rebuild for newer target did fix that

421399726's picture
Kabouik's picture

I can try, what is the harbour-storeman --option for debugging mode?

[Edit] No crash this time.

osetr's picture

I'm afraid it's quite harder. You need to use SDK. Or enable core dumping and send me a dump. But I don't know much about it myself. There is a how-to in the osmscout-sailfish repository on GitHub.

Kabouik's picture

It still crashes after posting for me, but the message is successfully sent, which is the most important.

osetr's picture

It's really annoying, but I can't spot the place where Storeman crashes because I can't reproduce the bug in debugging mode.

trial's picture

Test
Edit: Posting has been fixed!
Thank U!

P.S. A beer is coming...

trial's picture

Greetings all!
Am I the only one who has his instance crashing after posting a comment?
P.S. It crashed even now, while posting this one. Let's see if editing does it too...
P.S.2 Nope - editing works just fine

JacekJagosz's picture

Mee too (on Jolla 1), it has been happening for probably a year
Edit: Aaannd it crashed after posting this.

Alex's picture

@Osetr
Bug report:
If there are several application updates available and you manually update one app using the pulley menu inside its application page, then this will install ALL available app updates instead of just the intended one.

folaht's picture

Setup:

• Jolla Version 3.20
  • Sony Xperia XA2 Plus

I just installed Sailfish and the first thing I did was trying to figure out how to get Qwant & Duckduckgo as my search engines on my browser and ended up here.

Is this supposed to be in the Jolla store?

I can't find it.

szopin's picture

Install storeman to have an app that makes installing from openrepos easier (will automatically install dependencies if an app requires them, so you don't have to manually dl/install each rpm) and then for ddg and qwant you probably want this: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/search-engines-sailfish-browser

Pohli's picture

No option to update OSM Scout Server from 1.14.2 to latest 1.15.5. Is this a bug or is it some kind of protection from Storeman as latest version should not work on older SFOS versions (I'm on 3.0.1.11)?

olf's picture

"Protection":

1. Do read at the right place: https://openrepos.net/content/rinigus/osm-scout-server
    NB! For SFOS <=3.0.2.x users - do not upgrade here to versions >=1.14.3. Use OBS instead: http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/rinigus:/maps/sailfish_3.0.2.8_armv...
  2. Do not upgrade beyond OSM Scout Server 1.14.5 on SailfishOS < 3.0.2 and keep your map files: https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/318
osetr's picture

Did you try to run `pkcon get-updates`?

Pohli's picture

Just tried: [nemo@Sailfish ~]$ pkcon get-updates
Getting updates
Starting
Querying
Refreshing software list
Finished
There are no updates available at this time.

olf's picture

... which is correct, as there is nothing to update to from OpenRepos with OSM Scout Server 1.14.2 installed on SailfishOS < 3.0.2.

Please do research and read first, before asking (and thereby stealing others' time).

yusssufff's picture

Hi Osetr!

i cant manage to dowload an app from within storeman... storeman says : an error occured, file './drpms/droid-hal-version... was not not found on medium https://store.repository.jolla.com/releases/3.2.0.12/jolla-hw/adaptatin-qualcom-sony-nile/armv7hl/?cretentials=store

any idea?

thanks a lot!!

osetr's picture

devel-su pkcon refresh as always after an OS upgrade

Bocephus's picture

Still suffering from the issue where when many updates are available, choosing to update one separate application updates all of them...

sez_'s picture

any chance to be installed on xperia x? aarch64?

olf's picture

All SailfishOS releases for ARM comprise only ARMv7 binaries to date.
Hence SailfishOS on ARMv8 CPUs also uses solely ARMv7 application binaries.

Alex's picture

Hey @osetr,
I am unable to log into my Openrepos account using my email because I am unable to write/paste dots/periods.

obexd_contentfilter_olf's picture

Just use your login name.

glanternier's picture

Hello, now that there is an "adult content " section, would it be possible to create a filter that could be activated / deactivated in the settings?