Storeman

Unofficial native OpenRepos.net client for Sailfish OS

3.0.3 Hossa update brings some changes to PackageKit which break Storeman. If you have upgraded to 3.0.3 Hossa before installing Storeman v0.1.5 then you have to update Storeman manually by downloading the RPM from the OpenRepos.

ATTENTION! If you have any troubles with installing, removing or updating packages after the system upgrade try to run devel-su pkcon refresh in the terminal app.

WARNING! Storeman is at its early stage of development and can be unstable! Application name does not affiliated to any other software.

Current features:

• List recently updated applications
  • List installed applications
  • List, add/remove, enable/disable repositories
  • Show applications info similar to the official Jolla store client
  • Install/remove applications
  • All lists are scrollable, data is loaded in the background
  • Search for applications
  • Tap on the "Reply to" label on the comments list to navigate to the original comment
  • List categories and apps by categories
  • Comment, reply to comments, edit and delete own comments for apps
  • Use button panel to add HTML tags when typing comments (hint: select text and then click a button to wrap it with a tag)
  • Initial support for apps bookmarks
  • Initial support for backups
  • Show categories on the applications page - tap a category label to show all related applications
  • Rate applications
  • Find and manage local RPM files

Supported locales:

Report an issue:

Development:

Donations:

Latest binaries also available at Mer Project Open Build Service.

File harbour-storeman-0.1.0-1.armv7hl.rpm284.88 KB11/02/2019 - 02:02
File harbour-storeman-0.1.6-2.armv7hl.rpm296.05 KB06/08/2019 - 00:31
File harbour-storeman-0.1.6-2.i486.rpm317.76 KB06/08/2019 - 00:31

2019-08-06 • 0.1.6-2

• Update ranslations

2019-08-01 • 0.1.6-1

• Update harbour-storeman-zh_CN.ts
  • Fix detection of OS version (fix issues with SailfishOS 3.1)
  • Fix launching installed applications

Full changelog.

Comments

geher's picture

After update to SFOS 3.1 Storeman show some deleted apps as installed, and show some deleted local rpm files on my Jolla phone

elio88's picture

It doesn't work on Sony Xperia X

nazzareno's picture

It seems not work

Rafaelvlmendes's picture

Solution:
open terminal and write it:

$ devel-su
$ pkcon refresh && pkcon install zypper
$ zypper refresh

Thanks osetr and direc85 to solution moment..

Markkyboy's picture

I had a saved copy of Storeman on my sdcard, version 0.0.2.9 - after removing the latest, cleaning up and reinstalling with 0.0.2.9 and I am still faced with the same problem of no 'Install' on the pulley menu, so perhaps the problem is with the OS and not the application......just a thought.

4carlos's picture

...so perhaps the problem is with the OS....

Sure, what else? Raises up with 3.1.

4carlos's picture

Update in sight?

osetr's picture

I hope yes :)

4carlos's picture

I'm not impatient, it's done when it's done ;)

timeral's picture

I cannot install pakages via storeman becauce there isn't a intall option.

ade's picture

Would be nice if an application version could be pinned to prevent updating.

levone1's picture

No "install" option issue again after latest update, (3.1.0.11). Only options in pulley menu, after adding repo, are "refresh cache" and "reload". Tried pkcon refresh, restart, etc... I can download and install rpms fine from Openrepos, but it still doesn't show as installed in Storeman...

levone1's picture

Thanks

wickedsp1d3r's picture

Installed Storeman via CLI (rpm -ivh) and after that run pkcon refresh.

The app says I have no package sources installed.
Installed packages is empty although I have several packages installed.
On an app's page, the "Add package source" pulley menu entry is disabled.

I tried to allow untrusted applications from the settings - did not help.

I am on SaifishOS 3.0.3.10 (Hossa).

Something is broken, but what? Any advice, please?

osetr's picture

What does the "Add package source" mean? Is it package repo?

Is there any active operations in pulley-menu status item? Is you device is online?

wickedsp1d3r's picture

What does the "Add package source" mean? Is it package repo?

Yes, I think the right command is "Add repository". These are the items in the pulley-menu:

Is you device is online?

Yes it is.

Ashitaka's picture

Hi Osetr, since pkcon refresh has already become a mantra for us sailfish users, i was wandering. Why don't you add a footnote to all the error pages, with written on "try to run on terminal

devel-su pkcon refresh

if you'd expect this to work on your device"..?
Does it seem a good idea to you?

osetr's picture

It's already in my roadmap for a long time.

Chill's picture

Unable to install any application with the latest sfos version 3.0.3.10

osetr's picture

Did you try devel-su pkcon refresh?

Chill's picture

This worked out thank you

Pemek's picture

Hi,
I've noticed, that launch item for installed app does not work. Tested on my JollaC and XA2, both does not start application. I think it stopped working after installation of SFOS 3.0.2 or 3.0.3. Anybody to comfirm?

osetr's picture

I can confirm it, thank you!

muppis's picture

I updated to Hossa before updating Storeman and I've installed and updated software with old Storeman just fine, including Storeman itself. I'm currently using Sailfish X in XA2 and haven't tested in my old Jolla yet.

osetr's picture

Does the 0.1.5 version work as expected?

muppis's picture

Except crashed when sending reply to comment. Didn't crash when I made first comment.

foolsbazar's picture

I confirm the bug, it crashes if double click on send button (yet the comment is posted)
From terminal it gave segmentation fault (i thought it was because i use a ported device)

direc85's picture

I was able to produce the crash with a single click, too. I tried to replicate and investigate the issue yesterday, but as soon as I had Storeman comoiled and running, the crashing stopped both on my device and on emulator. Perhaps there was some issue in OpenRepos site..? (Fingers crossed that posting this doesn't crash...)