Jupii

UPnP/DLNA client for Sailfish OS. It allows to stream various content to UPnP/DLNA devices.

Following features are supported:
- Discovery of UPnP devices in a local network
- Remote control (Play, Pause, Next, Prev, Seek, Volume up/down)
- Streaming of local content (Music, Video, Images, Podcasts, local Microphone) to UPnP devices
- Streaming of remote content (e.g. internet radio, SomaFM channels, Icecast streams, items on media servers) to UPnP devices
- Streaming of audio playback of any application (similar functionality to pulseaudio-dlna server)
- Screen casting (beta feature)
- Recording of Icecast streams
- Playlists
- Sharing content to other devices via UPnP directory service

This is "work in progress" project in beta stage, so likely contains a number of bugs.

Any comments, issue reports are highly appreciated.

Translations:
All translations are very welcome. There are three ways to contribute:
- [preferred] Transifex project: https://www.transifex.com/mkiol/jupii/
- Direct github pull request: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/tree/master/sailfish/translations
- Translation file sent to me via e-mail: jupii@mkiol.net

Source code: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii
Bugs, Feature requests: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/issues or just email: jupii@mkiol.net

Keywords:

File harbour-jupii-2.5.4-1.i486.rpm2.84 MB08/12/2019 - 21:00
File harbour-jupii-2.6.0-1.armv7hl.rpm2.79 MB07/02/2020 - 00:54
File harbour-jupii-2.6.0-1.i486.rpm2.88 MB07/02/2020 - 01:01
File harbour-jupii-2.6.1-1.armv7hl.rpm2.8 MB13/02/2020 - 22:54
File harbour-jupii-2.6.1-1.i486.rpm2.89 MB13/02/2020 - 22:54

version 2.6.1 (beta)
- Chinese, German, Spanish, Slovenian and Swedish translations update (many thanks to Rui Kon, jgibbon, Carlos Gonzalez, Bostjan Strumbelj and Åke Engelbrektson)

version 2.6.0 (beta)
- Support for items from UPnP Media Servers on play queue
- Favorite devices option
- Play queue usability enhancement
- Tracks history for Icecast items
- Force 16:9 aspect ratio option for Screen capture
- Bug fixes and many small improvements

version 2.5.4 (beta)
- German and Chinese translations update (many thanks to drosjesjaafoer and Rui Kon)
- Bug fixes and small improvements (issue with settings saving introduced in v2.5.3 is resolved)

version 2.5.3 (beta)
- Slovenian translation update (many thanks to Bostjan Strumbelj)
- Option to turn on logging to file (needed for troubleshooting purposes)

version 2.5.2 (harbour release)
- Screen capture bug fixes
- Italian translation (many thanks to Fra)

version 2.5.1 (beta)
- Screen capture improvements
- Russian, Polish and Swedish translations update
- Bug fixes

version 2.5.0 (beta)
- Sharing playlist items via UPnP content directory service
- Bug fixes

version 2.4.1 (beta)
- Fix of audio capturing in Sailfish OS 3.1
- Translations update

version 2.4.0 (beta)
- Screen capture (only in OpenRepos package)
- Microphone and Audio capture improvements
- Improved search on Album, Recordings and gPodder pages

version 2.3.1 (beta)
- Support for landscape orientation
- Translations update (Slovenian, Chinese, Russian, Polish and Swedish)

version 2.3.0 (beta)
- Stream recorder: enables recording of tracks from SHOUTcast stream (Experiment)
- Better volume up/down hardware keys support
- Toggle power option when UPnP device supports Yamaha XC API
- DBus API improvements
- SomaFM streaming improvements

version 2.2.2 (harbour release)
- Translation update (Slovenian and Chinese)

Comments

benclark06's picture

hi, i cant seem to connect to kodi, ive got upnp on but it doesnt seem to show up when i open it up.

mkiol's picture

It should work. I've tested it with Kodi on Pi on Linux desktop and even on Android tablet without any problems.

Did you enable Settings->Services->UPnP/DLNA-> "Enable UPnP support" and "Allow remote control via UPnP" on Kodi?  Your phone and Kodi are in the same LAN?

If nothing helps I could try to investigate logs. Please enable logging (Jupii settings, last option), restart Jupii, do some tests and send me back the log file (/home/nemo/jupii.log). Email: jupii@mkiol.net

JacekJagosz's picture

Firstly, I have never used UPnP before.
My Philips Smart TV is not shown by default and when you enable unsupported devices in the app it is visible, but although its type is MediaRenderer:3 I can't stream to it. It supports: RenderingControl:3, ConnectionManager:3, AVTransport:3
In TV's settings I have Digital Media Renderer enabled.
Do you know why it doesn't work?

mkiol's picture

Oooo... it appears that I've harcoded "MediaRenderer:1" in the devices filter :-/

I'm planning to release a new version near the end of the next week and this will be fixed. If you want to try pre-release version now, you can download rpm package from my GitHub: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/blob/master/binary/harbour-jupii-2.6.0-1....

mkiol's picture

Issue should be fixed in 2.6.0 release.

objectifnul's picture

AudioCapture no longer working (Xperia X SFOS 3.x)

mkiol's picture

I can't reproduce this issue. I've checked with latest software on JollaC, XperiaX and Xperia10. Audio Capture seems to work fine.

If this error still occurs I would be grateful if you could gather log file (Settings->Enable logging).

mkiol's picture

I've managed to observe this issue. I don't know how to fix it yet. Ugly workaround is to restart pulseaudio server or phone restart (sorry!). I'm investigating it...

Historyscholar's picture

update Chinese translation;)

Shervrar's picture

I only just installed this but so far you're restoring my faith in dlna. Something actually works for once! :)

Sanpo's picture

Works great with Kodi. Thank you!

sponka's picture

Thanks for usefull app! I can confirm it works great with windows version of foobar2000 + plugins, can be controlled by Jolla.

And please include slovenian (sl_SI) translation, its finished on transifex.

mkiol's picture

Info => Slovenian translation is included in the recent 2.2.2 release. Thank you for your contibution.

w_oe's picture

I've just tried the app on an Xperis XA2 with a Samsung C6800, which is about 8 years old. Streaming a video works nicely, but audio (microphone and capture) incurs a lag of about 1 minute. Playing music files directly doesn't work for me, maybe because transcoding would be required. So, thanks for this nice app. Maybe these issues can be solved.

mkiol's picture

Thank you for reporting it. Definitely I can look in to log to find were the issue is. This 1 munute lag is far to much, it should be not more that 10 seconds. I'm suspecting that your device for unknown reason tries to buffer the stream.

Procedure to gather log:

1. start Jupii from command line and redirect all output to a file (e.g. log.txt) :

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-jupii &> log.txt

2. test microphone, test capture, test playing files

3. close Jupii, get log file, check if log doesn't contain any sensitive data from your perspective

4. send log to jupii[at]mkiol.net

dirksche's picture

Thanks for keeping this great app up to date

Historyscholar's picture

Please  add  Chinese  translation .

Ingvix's picture

Would it be possible to stream all audio output from phone to upnp/dlna devices? I heard this was possible on some android app so I thought to ask if it'd be possible for this app too. It would be nice to be able to stream music from Spotify to my speaker system wirelessly, for example.

mkiol's picture

Yes, I belive it is possible. For example pulseaudio-dlna do such things for a desktop and SFOS uses pulse audio server as well. I'm investigating how to port or implement similar functionality in Jupii.

Ingvix's picture

Any news on the matter? I'm a bit eager to have this feature.

mkiol's picture

Please check the latest release => version 2.1.0. The "Audio output" feature enables to capture audio playback generated by any app including web berowser or Android app. It is in "beta" stage and has few bugs but it is usable and quite cool :-)

Ingvix's picture

Quite nice though a bit annoying that it doesn't mute phone speakers and if volume level on the phone is set to 0%, it will mute the streaming as well, though otherwise volume level doesn't seem to effect the streaming volume. I'm guessing this is already on your bug list.

mkiol's picture

Thank you for your tests.

> a bit annoying that it doesn't mute phone speakers

Actually it should be working as you expect it to. When Jupii starts audio capturing, app on the phone should be muted. I've tested it on XperiaX and JollaC. Maybe it is something device-depended? Please check it with only one app opened because sometimes it is a little bit unpredictable from which app audio is captured. I will improve it in the next release.

> if volume level on the phone is set to 0%, it will mute the streaming as well, though otherwise volume level doesn't seem to effect the streaming volume.

Yes, I'm aware of it. Maybe I will be able to find a solution.

velox's picture

You can't imagine how much I love the the new streaming feature. That was one of few reasons I 've kept a rooted android on an old nexus 7 tablet. Thank you so much for this!

Sadly, I can reproduce the behaviour described above. I'm about to add an issue with more info, because I think it's the appropriate place to do that.

cheers!

mkiol's picture

Thank you for letting me know. In the recent update (version 2.1.1) issue should be fixed.

mkiol's picture

It is on my TO-DO list. I promise I'll try to work on it but cannot guarantee any timeline.

carlosgonz's picture

wow! beautiful layout & desing v1.9.4. please take my money jupii : )

mkiol's picture

Thanks for the kind words and for your contibution to Spanish translation!

carlosgonz's picture

my pleasure.

objectifnul's picture

Looks promising, congratulations. Still in active development? (volume control, support of .pls playlists, etc.)