tidings

Tidings is a news feed and podcast aggregator. Always be up to date with the latest news of what matters to you on your mobile device.

Keywords:

File harbour-tidings-1.0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm218.89 KB28/10/2021 - 21:36
File harbour-tidings-1.0.1-1.i486.rpm243.65 KB28/10/2021 - 21:36
File harbour-tidings-1.2.0-1.i486.rpm259.3 KB18/01/2022 - 11:23
File harbour-tidings-1.2.0-1.armv7hl.rpm237.12 KB19/01/2022 - 21:23
File harbour-tidings-1.2.0-1.aarch64.rpm243.36 KB19/01/2022 - 21:23

version 1.2.0
*   copy LocalStorage, database.sqlite to new location
*  Add an optional Slideshow based view ALPHA
*   All JS debugging with flags to disable
*  add some meta data chum, begin re-organizing build

version 1.0.1:
* reverts a couple of changes from 1.0.0 to fix a bug when clicking on cover
* and hopefully includes the translations

version 1.0.0

In honour of a bunch of contriibuted improvements from ichthyosaurus, a major release:

changes: https://github.com/poetaster/tidings/commits?author=poetaster&since=2021...

version 0.9.3:

* add setting to disable all read & refresh :) https://github.com/poetaster/tidings/commit/938e5e91c10a17e34ce523ed94f7...
* updated cz and de translations. need help!
* add aarch64
* aarch64 available in the github repo and maybe in store

version 0.9.2-1:

* read & refresh pulldown to speed up reload
* small bug fix logo loading, still partially borked.

Comments

Malakay's picture

Hi, today I updated just now, translation still broken :(

poetaster's picture

I also added harbour-tidings-cs_CZ.ts (and -cs.ts) to see if it might be that?

poetaster's picture

Very strange. So, I wonder if it's an 'unfinished' flags thing? Or the naming. Which version ... aarch64? I'll rebuild with mods to see if we can nail it down.

I've just updated aarch64 and arm32 ... please uninstall and re-install to see if that works.

Malakay's picture

Tidings have still broken czech translation, app is still displayed in english :( it happened after update to previous version and still persists

poetaster's picture

Sorry about that. We had 2 regressions that I backtracked to fix, which probably killed the PR I had. I look at it now. Filtering is also broken and the resources page is currently not there.

norayr's picture

thank you.

norayr's picture

i still get the blue images. those are normal on the cover, normal in the list of posts in the feed view, but blue if i read the post. I found the issue https://github.com/poetaster/tidings/issues/58 but i think, firstly, on arm, and on my xperia, endianness is like on intel, it's little endian.

secondly, ok, we get it that there is a problem in qt-webkit, but i follow photography blogs, and tidings is the only rss reader for sailfish that doesn't require cloud.

i beg you to find the workaround. may be the app can show the image using different library? why on the cover or in list of posts the same image isn't blue?

poetaster's picture

The component which renders the content of the the rss item is pretty flake. It has other issues. The other uses of image are actuall image elements. The content of an 'item' are a 'richtext' Label. So, to get 100% clean rendering, I'd have to parse all the (often html) content of an rss item, and pull it apart. Non-trivial. Still, looking at it.

poetaster's picture

Good question. Working on it. There are 2 or 3 other bugs with a bit more priority, since they can cause the state of read/not read to be modified when that state shouldn't be.

Malakay's picture

Hi, after last update there is no czech language, my tidings speaks english. And one more thing - i think version number displayed is not correct - i have favourite icons next to the news title, but displayed version in about tidings is 0.8.2. Is this possible?

poetaster's picture

Hi! Some bugs were introduced serveral merges ago and I missed them. The version fix (in a header file) is coming, but I'm jumping back and forth to try to isolate the bugs. It'll take a day of two longer.

monkeyisland's picture

Take time put it in next release:)

Malakay's picture

hi, i can help with cz :)

monkeyisland's picture

Hi how can i help with german translation

poetaster's picture

If you have access to github, fork and work on the missing strings in:

Or make a note of which line number should have which translation.

There aren't so many, but I'm falling behind.

monkeyisland's picture

I did a few changes :)

poetaster's picture

Oh! Thanks! Did I actually get them into this release? I have a bit too much code to care for :)

poetaster's picture

See my message above. should make it into 1.0.2 in the next days.