BikeMe

Find a bike in your city!

This app provides a simple interactive map displaying all bike share stations by city, their number of available bikes and free parking spots, and the geolocation. You can also save your favourites stations and see their status on the cover.

500+ cities in 50+ countries, check in the app if yours is there ;)

Source code: https://github.com/sthocs/harbour-bikeme
Translations: https://www.transifex.com/sthocs/harbour-bikeme
Send me a message to report bugs or ask for new cities!

By default, BikeMe only show cities where open data is available (or at least clean data). If your city doesn't provide open data (or if I haven't included it in the app yet), you have the option to use the CityBikes data. If your city is available in both data sets, it's better to use the "Official data" though, since the data is fetched directly from the bike provider.

*****

(Versions 0.5-2 and above will only work on Sailfish OS 2.0.5 and above.)

File harbour-bikeme-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm208.9 KB11/04/2014 - 09:48
File harbour-bikeme-0.9-1.armv7hl.rpm371.22 KB02/02/2018 - 02:17
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.1-1.armv7hl.rpm374.66 KB17/03/2018 - 03:16
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.2-1.armv7hl.rpm391.03 KB30/04/2019 - 01:32
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.3-1.armv7hl.rpm391.11 KB19/12/2019 - 04:03
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.4-1.armv7hl.rpm389.11 KB07/02/2021 - 01:03
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.4-1.aarch64.rpm397.52 KB08/06/2021 - 12:36

0.9.4: fixes: previous city was not saved + blank map with QtLocation 5.4 (SFOS 4)

0.9.3: Quick bugfix release, sorry to not have seen your comments before!

• Fixed HERE map not showing: My former app have been removed from my HERE account without any notice (!) so the API token wasn't valid anymore
  • Fixed Nextbike feed

0.9.2:

• Fixes/cleanup: favourites fixed for Moscow (names) and Rennes (issue with station id).
  • New translation: Dutch (Belgium)

0.9.1: No new feature, but new translations deserve to be published asap :)

• New translations: Dutch and Brazilian Portuguese. Thanks again to all translators!
  • Blinking "center position" icon when no GPS fix.

0.9

• Added station tooltip to show some additional info
  • Support for electric bikes (Paris)
  • Show favourites on cover also in Map view

0.8.1 Maintenance release:

• New setting to set map initial zoom level
  • Use native icon to show position
  • Removed dead systems, added tests, added Rennes (fr)

0.8

• Added option to use CityBikes as data source
  • Option to enable GPS automatically ; added map transitions (on zooming / centering)
  • New translations: Slovenian and Russian
  • Workaround for the onPanFinished bug : stations will be refreshed correctly after a pan (no need to flick anymore)
  • New "native" cities: Helsinki and Mexico City

0.7

• Added NABSA cities (North American Bike Share Association)
  • New translations: Swedish and Polish
  • Fixed Moscow and some Nextbike cities

0.6

• Re-added favourites on cover
  • New (scalables) icons
  • Translations: french, spanish
  • Source code published

0.6-beta: App rewritten in order to be able to add more cities. Added Nextbike (130 cities)
0.5.1: Fixed Valencia (es)

0.5

• Improved way to add favourites from the map
  • New option to select the start page
  • Misc: Auto refresh favourites when opening the page + slight fix for velobike.ru

0.4.2: Follow URL redirections to prevent interuption of service in case of URL change
0.4.1: Improved Favourites page readability, fixed London URL
0.4: Smoove and Veloway contracts added: 14 new cities ; New CitiesBrowser component
0.3: New cities added: London and Lille
0.2: New option to display all stations status directly on the map
       Usage of native SailfishOS icons

Comments

carmenfdezb's picture

Hi @Sthocs! Could you please add aarch64 package for Xperia 10 II? Thanks in advance!

Sthocs's picture

Hey, good point, added! I didn't test it but I now receive email notifications, in case of issue :)

carmenfdezb's picture

Great!! Thank you so much!! It works like a charm :)

Sthocs's picture

\o/ thank you for the continuous testing :D

carmenfdezb's picture

Since I've updated SailfishOS to v3.4, I must select my city every time I start BikeMe. Is it only me or is that a bug?

Sthocs's picture

Ok I finally reproduced the error when I tried to install the app on a fresh device. It's fixed, sorry for the big delay :)

carmenfdezb's picture

Sorry, I haven't seen your previous message until now :(
Thank you for the update, it works perfect!!!

Sthocs's picture

Np, thank you for confirming!! :)

Sthocs's picture

Arf, sorry Carmen the email notif probably went in spam, I'm only seeing your message now! :/
I don't have this problem on my side. If you have the developer mode enabled, could you try to run it from terminal (by typing "harbour-bikeme") to see if there are any errors? I have the following log:

onCompleted:27 - Restoring app state: Paris

Or let me know what city is saved in

~/.cache/harbour-bikeme/harbour-bikeme.conf
Olsen's picture

Nice little app! It would be great if it was possible to rent a bike with it. There is an open source Android app on F-Droid which does exactly this:

Maybe you could integrate this functionality into BikeMe?

Sthocs's picture

Thanks for your comment! Is there a public API for that?
Usually the renting part of those systems is managed by the operator and it's a private part, with a dedicated app that they develop themselves.

Olsen's picture

Sorry, I don't know. But the source code is small and it would be possible to contact the author via github...

Sthocs's picture

Arg, apologies once again! I am definitely not notified of comments anymore :'(
I will have a look at those issues asap!

(I should really setup regular automated testing!)

carmenfdezb's picture

Maps aren't showed. It's a pity because the other functionalities work fine

carmenfdezb's picture

Changing to osm maps in settings solved my problem :) On the other hand, an error about api is showed when I do 'Update cities list'

Sthocs's picture

Thanks Carmen, both issues are fixed, you can use HERE maps again, sorry for the delay!

carmenfdezb's picture

Thank you so much! ;)

subeditor's picture

There is some bug with Moscow on Sailfish X.

Moscow was missing in cities list on first start. So I had to Update cities list via pulley menu.

But on next start app showed cities list again, and again Moscow is not in the list.

If I select any city wich is on the list app starts with map (or favorites list - what I set as start screen).

On JP1 app works as expected.

Sthocs's picture

Hi! It's weird because Moscow is one of the hardcoded cities so it should always be here. Can you confirm that you have selected the "Official data" as data source? I can't reproduce this issue :( (I'm on Sailfish X too)

subeditor's picture

Hi!

Yes, Official data is selected.

I changed it to CityBike and back to official again and now app seems to remember my city.

sampos's picture

Map tile loading does not work any more, stations are shown on an empty background. Maybe the here maps api key has expired?

subeditor's picture

Sthocs's picture

That was indeed the HERE Maps API keys, that have been removed from my account without any notice :@
Sorry for the delay, I had been using the OSM plugin for a few months so I didn't spot the issue myself.

subeditor's picture

Hi!

It seems that API of Moscow Velobike has changed while last update of their app.

Now the adresses of favorites are missing - https://yadi.sk/i/IlYvKJTb3WX8hK

Sthocs's picture

Wow, really sorry, I never got notified of this comment :(
Indeed, the "Name" field is now empty in their API, I will thus display the "Address" instead in a future release (let's see if they put it back for the next season). I hope the app was still usable :(

(And thanks for your comment about the "Donate" button btw, I'll probably don't add one, but I take that as a great feedback, which is enough for me :) )

subeditor's picture

Hi!

Moscow API seems to be changed with new season start - BikeMe shows only available parkings but not a bikes.

The map does the same, on Favorites it's more obvious.

Sthocs's picture

Hey, thanks for the info, the issue was actually due to an obvious mistake I made in the parser when I rewrote the app, and I couldn't test at the time since the service wasn't opened yet. (The API did change actually, but they just added some unused fields (yet) for the futures electric bikes, I'll need to think how I should handle that in the future).

Anyway, it's fixed in 0.7!

subeditor's picture

Thanks for the fix!

Could you fix one more bug - add "Donate" button?

vicentpavel's picture

Hello Sthocs, thanks a lot for the modifications in the app, now it has València Spain, and new changes are wonderful. Thanks for this great app!

Thanks to people like you, Sailfish is a worthy OS.

Sthocs's picture

Thanks for letting me know, comments like that motivate to improve the app!

I didn't imagine that some people were still using the 0.1 :)