BikeMe

Find a bike in your city!

This app provides a simple interactive map displaying all bike share stations by city, their number of available bikes and free parking spots, and the geolocation. You can also save your favourites stations and see their status on the cover.

500+ cities in 50+ countries, check in the app if yours is there ;)

Source code: https://github.com/sthocs/harbour-bikeme
Translations: https://www.transifex.com/sthocs/harbour-bikeme
Send me a message to report bugs or ask for new cities!

By default, BikeMe only show cities where open data is available (or at least clean data). If your city doesn't provide open data (or if I haven't included it in the app yet), you have the option to use the CityBikes data. If your city is available in both data sets, it's better to use the "Official data" though, since the data is fetched directly from the bike provider.

*****

(Versions 0.5-2 and above will only work on Sailfish OS 2.0.5 and above.)

File harbour-bikeme-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm208.9 KB11/04/2014 - 09:48
File harbour-bikeme-0.4.2-1.armv7hl.rpm148.51 KB20/10/2015 - 22:54
File harbour-bikeme-0.5-1.armv7hl.rpm122.08 KB24/08/2016 - 00:00
File harbour-bikeme-0.5-2.armv7hl.rpm119.88 KB24/11/2016 - 19:44
File harbour-bikeme-0.5.1-1.armv7hl.rpm120.18 KB17/01/2017 - 20:42
File harbour-bikeme-0.6-1.armv7hl.rpm304.09 KB18/04/2017 - 01:34
File harbour-bikeme-0.7-1.armv7hl.rpm310.15 KB07/05/2017 - 16:29
File harbour-bikeme-0.8-1.armv7hl.rpm362.01 KB27/06/2017 - 02:34
File harbour-bikeme-0.8.1-1.armv7hl.rpm357.67 KB19/11/2017 - 20:10
File harbour-bikeme-0.9-1.armv7hl.rpm371.22 KB02/02/2018 - 02:17
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.1-1.armv7hl.rpm374.66 KB17/03/2018 - 03:16
File harbour-bikeme-0.9.2-1.armv7hl.rpm391.03 KB30/04/2019 - 01:32

0.9.2:

• Fixes/cleanup: favourites fixed for Moscow (names weren't displayed) and Rennes (issue with station id).
  • New translation: Dutch (Belgium)

0.9.1: No new feature, but new translations deserve to be published asap :)

• New translations: Dutch and Brazilian Portuguese. Thanks again to all translators!
  • Blinking "center position" icon when no GPS fix.

0.9

• Added station tooltip to show some additional info
  • Support for electric bikes (Paris)
  • Show favourites on cover also in Map view

0.8.1 Maintenance release:

• New setting to set map initial zoom level
  • Use native icon to show position
  • Removed dead systems, added tests, added Rennes (fr)

0.8

• Added option to use CityBikes as data source
  • Option to enable GPS automatically ; added map transitions (on zooming / centering)
  • New translations: Slovenian and Russian
  • Workaround for the onPanFinished bug : stations will be refreshed correctly after a pan (no need to flick anymore)
  • New "native" cities: Helsinki and Mexico City

0.7

• Added NABSA cities (North American Bike Share Association)
  • New translations: Swedish and Polish
  • Fixed Moscow and some Nextbike cities

0.6

• Re-added favourites on cover
  • New (scalables) icons
  • Translations: french, spanish
  • Source code published

0.6-beta: App rewritten in order to be able to add more cities. Added Nextbike (130 cities)
0.5.1: Fixed Valencia (es)

0.5

• Improved way to add favourites from the map
  • New option to select the start page
  • Misc: Auto refresh favourites when opening the page + slight fix for velobike.ru

0.4.2: Follow URL redirections to prevent interuption of service in case of URL change
0.4.1: Improved Favourites page readability, fixed London URL
0.4: Smoove and Veloway contracts added: 14 new cities ; New CitiesBrowser component
0.3: New cities added: London and Lille
0.2: New option to display all stations status directly on the map
       Usage of native SailfishOS icons

Comments

carmenfdezb's picture

Maps aren't showed. It's a pity because the other functionalities work fine

carmenfdezb's picture

Changing to osm maps in settings solved my problem :) On the other hand, an error about api is showed when I do 'Update cities list'

subeditor's picture

There is some bug with Moscow on Sailfish X.

Moscow was missing in cities list on first start. So I had to Update cities list via pulley menu.

But on next start app showed cities list again, and again Moscow is not in the list.

If I select any city wich is on the list app starts with map (or favorites list - what I set as start screen).

On JP1 app works as expected.

sampos's picture

Map tile loading does not work any more, stations are shown on an empty background. Maybe the here maps api key has expired?

subeditor's picture

subeditor's picture

Hi!

It seems that API of Moscow Velobike has changed while last update of their app.

Now the adresses of favorites are missing - https://yadi.sk/i/IlYvKJTb3WX8hK

Sthocs's picture

Wow, really sorry, I never got notified of this comment :(
Indeed, the "Name" field is now empty in their API, I will thus display the "Address" instead in a future release (let's see if they put it back for the next season). I hope the app was still usable :(

(And thanks for your comment about the "Donate" button btw, I'll probably don't add one, but I take that as a great feedback, which is enough for me :) )

subeditor's picture

Hi!

Moscow API seems to be changed with new season start - BikeMe shows only available parkings but not a bikes.

The map does the same, on Favorites it's more obvious.

Sthocs's picture

Hey, thanks for the info, the issue was actually due to an obvious mistake I made in the parser when I rewrote the app, and I couldn't test at the time since the service wasn't opened yet. (The API did change actually, but they just added some unused fields (yet) for the futures electric bikes, I'll need to think how I should handle that in the future).

Anyway, it's fixed in 0.7!

subeditor's picture

Thanks for the fix!

Could you fix one more bug - add "Donate" button?

vicentpavel's picture

Hello Sthocs, thanks a lot for the modifications in the app, now it has València Spain, and new changes are wonderful. Thanks for this great app!

Thanks to people like you, Sailfish is a worthy OS.

Sthocs's picture

Thanks for letting me know, comments like that motivate to improve the app!

I didn't imagine that some people were still using the 0.1 :)

elastic's picture

Hi, great app! I was wondering if you would consider to change the api to citybikes it would add a bunch of cities and systems to your app ...

Sthocs's picture

Hey, thanks. I am currently (very slowly) cleaning and refactoring the app. After that I will look to add more cities. I will try to use official APIs first, but thanks for the link, I will certainly have a look!

elastic's picture

For me Nextbike would be the most important thing ... if you want to use the official api or citybikes is up to you ;-) - I just thought it would be easier to use only one api and the citybikes one seems really well maintained - but of course it's a open project and could be abandoned any time

Sthocs's picture

Hello again, Nextbike is now added :)
It would indeed be easy to use citibikes but I like the fact to not depend on third parties for now.

vicentpavel's picture

Hello again,

thank you for advise me to install Maps again, that was the problem.

Now what happen is that I live in Valencia, Spain, when I select it there appears Valence, France. When I select Valence, France, it appears Valence, France.

It didn't happen in the version BikeMe 0.1-1.

Would be nice to solve this bug in this awesome app!

Thanks for everything.

Sthocs's picture

Thank you for the report, it's fixed :)
You will need to clear the cache (in Settings) and maybe come back on the Cities List page and refresh it.

vicentpavel's picture

Hello, I've been using this formidable app long time but now it doesn't work, I've the Sailfish 2.0.5.6, untrusted software allowed, then I try to install the last version 0.5-2 of BikeMe but it doesn't install =( Do you have any idea why is that behaviour?

Sthocs's picture

Hi, did you try to reinstall Sailfish Maps from the Store? It uses the same dependency so it might fix the issue. Otherwise you'll need to install the rpm from the terminal to see the error message: in the terminal type `cd Downloads` and then `pkcon install-local harbour-bikeme-0.5-2.armv7hl.rpm`

carmenluci's picture

The app is missing since I've updated to v2.0.5.6, and I can't to install it:

Status: dep-resolution-failed

Extra details:

nothing provides qt5-plugin-geoservices-nokia needed by harbour-bikeme.0.5-1.armv7hl

Jolla replaced qt5-plugin-geoservices-nokia with qt5-plugin-geoservices-here

Sthocs's picture

Thanks, I didn't had time to fix it yesterday, it's updated now :)

subeditor's picture

Still do not work on my Jolla. The same error as above.

Sthocs's picture

Hello, if you have the same error than above, it means that you are still trying to install v0.5-1. You need to install the version recompiled for Sailfish 2.0.5: v0.5-2

carmenluci's picture

The most important app in my phone, I use it everyday

Thank you so much for the fast answer ;)

Sthocs's picture

I'm very happy to read that :)

mad_soft's picture

Any plans to submit this app to jolla harbour?

Great app!

Sthocs's picture

Hi, thanks for the comment it's appreciated!
I can't publish the app in Harbour as it's using Qt Location to display the map, which only became stable in Qt 5.5, and Sailfish is stuck on Qt 5.2. But I've read that they are working on the migration to Qt 5.6. I will submit it as soon as I'm allowed to!

subeditor's picture

Hi there!

Could you check please parser for Moscow (Velobike.ru). It seems that event "Station offline" is not parsed correctly. Just I now I cheked again: native app shows that station is offline but BikeMe shows the number of the bikes  available.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
I've checked a few stations and I see the same numbers on BikeMe and on the velobike.ru website. Which stations seems to not work for you?
Maybe their mobile application is using a different API?