GPSInfo

Rating: 
5
Your rating: None Average: 5 (8 votes)

GPSInfo is a simple tool to enable and disable aquiring GPS position, and it displays various information about the location, such as the coordinates, current speed of the device and positioning resolution. The application also displays satellites in a graphical view.

Translations, issues and other contributions are welcome!

This is a fork of the original GPSInfo by Marcel Witte.

Source code: GitHub

Screenshots: 
Application versions: 
AttachmentSizeDate
File harbour-gpsinfo-0.9-1.armv7hl.rpm115.62 KB25/11/2019 - 01:50
File harbour-gpsinfo-0.9-1.i486.rpm119.63 KB25/11/2019 - 01:50
File harbour-gpsinfo-0.10-1.armv7hl.rpm114.2 KB25/11/2019 - 23:40
File harbour-gpsinfo-0.10-1.i486.rpm118.3 KB25/11/2019 - 23:40
File harbour-gpsinfo-0.11-1.armv7hl.rpm128.52 KB01/12/2019 - 15:57
File harbour-gpsinfo-0.11-1.i486.rpm132.79 KB01/12/2019 - 15:57
Changelog: 

0.11-1

  • Added satellite bar chart view (thanks, martonmiklos)
  • Re-implement radar view, frame date issue fixed
  • Translation fixes, updates, (incomplete) credits added
  • Add Hungarian translation (thanks, martonmiklos)
  • Add dummy satellites for devices (emulator) with no GPS (originally created by mikkosyrja)
  • Don't count satellites that have zero signal strength
  • Minor performance optimizations

0.10-1

  • Update AboutPage and LicencePage layouts
  • Add Chinese translation (thanks, dashinfantry)

0.9-1

Project-related changes:

  • Add bunch of files to .gitignore
  • Recreate, simplify and rename .pro file
  • Fix and add missing icons
  • Make sure RPM tests pass
  • Reorganize source files
  • Create .yaml, remove autocreated .spec
  • Fix license fields in yaml/spec
  • Use standard translations' folder
  • Fix applying tranlations in-app
  • Reimplement ShowGridRowLabel.qml with DoubleSwitch.qml
  • Compact and clarify Settings.qml a bit
  • Inline and remove CircleCalculator.js

User visible changes (word of adding in changed):

  • Add compass calibration value display
  • Fix column height for all devices in FirstPage
  • Implement a setting (not) to rotate satellite view
  • Fix various minor rounding, margin and layout issues
  • Update Finnish translation
  • Improve satellite view performance (I hope)
  • Draw N, S, W, E signs on top of satellites
  • Display more "-" values on FirstPage if there's no data yet

Comments

martonmiklos's picture

Many thanks man for further updating this tool. I will push my PRs to your repo as well.

direc85's picture

You're welcome! I'm open to PRs and issues are enabled as well.

carolsteffes's picture

so, its helpful

ade's picture

As I can't create issues on the github project I'll post it over here. Regarding commit https://github.com/direc85/harbour-gpsinfo/commit/d3204f7291ebcc168390db... : maybe a bit of nitpicking, but just adding  a license of your liking to the work of someone else is not how it should be done. To make things worse, no license (which is the case here) could mean it has copyrights, so any license would have been better than no license.

Did you ask the author to put a license on his original work? That would be the proper way to handle this.

direc85's picture

It's nice to see that people actually pay attention to these things!

I originally made a pull request and waited for two weeks until I closed it. I also noticed that balta3 has been rather inactive in GitHub, and that the comments in Jolla Store long for updating the comment. Therefore I decided to publish my work under the same name, and make it clear that it is a fork of someone elses work. I have to admit that I assumed the developer has abandoned Sailfish OS, and just went with it. If he so wishes, I am more than happy to push my work back to the original branch so that the Jolla Store application can be updated.

And finally, the actual concern which is the license: as @martinmiklos wrote before me, the original project is licensed under GPLv2 license and it is expressed on the About page (although the text only says GPL without a number, the license file is GPLv2). The change I made only makes it clear in the context of GitHub repository.

I hope this fully answers the issue!

Edit: I also enabled issues in GitHub, thanks for pointing that out!

ade's picture

I only checked the github repository, but now it it is clear that it is mentioned in the About page, it is only better that you included the license in the repo. And thanks for doing some maintenance on this app!

direc85's picture

You're welcome!

martonmiklos's picture