Pure Maps

Pure Maps is a full-featured map and navigation application allowing you to explore maps, search for addresses and points of interest, as well as assist with navigation. For that, it uses online or offline service providers.

Offline maps, search and routing is possible with OSM Scout Server. Pure Maps will list OSM Scout Server among the providers if you have it installed. For it work, you'll also need to have the server running and map data on your device. See the OSM Scout Server documentation for installation instructions and follow setup instructions for Poor Maps.

Note: Online maps users are requested to register their own Mapbox GL key and enter it through the preferences of the application. This will allow us to use default key for application testing and provide the service without hitting free tier limits. Reasoning behind the requst is explained at TMO post, see follow up messages on TMO pages for users feedback and small details on how to enable and test the personal key. Note that without significant number of users moving to the personal keys, Mapbox key will be revoked and the users of Mapbox tiles will not be able to access it.

As of 23 Jan 2019, the public Mapbox access key has been revoked. Users are welcome to register their private key in the application.

Requirements:

• Mapbox GL Native QML component for map display and interaction, should be installed as a dependency automatically.
  • Voice navigation requires that you manually install a text-to-speech (TTS) engine – Mimic, Flite, PicoTTS and Espeak are supported. Their quality is about in that order, with Mimic and PicoTTS available from this repository. See corresponding TTS engines for language covereage.

Pure Maps is a fork of WhoGo Maps and continues its legacy. Reasons for forking described at corresponding post.

License: GPLv3

File harbour-pure-maps-1.20.0-1.noarch.rpm1.28 MB19/05/2019 - 20:39
File harbour-pure-maps-1.21.1-1.noarch.rpm1.19 MB01/07/2019 - 16:55
File harbour-pure-maps-1.22.0-1.noarch.rpm1.22 MB29/07/2019 - 22:41
File harbour-pure-maps-1.23.0-1.noarch.rpm1.47 MB25/08/2019 - 09:50
File harbour-pure-maps-1.24.0-1.noarch.rpm1.47 MB26/08/2019 - 23:05
File harbour-pure-maps-1.25.2-1.noarch.rpm1.48 MB14/09/2019 - 16:27

Comments

dfstorm's picture

This app is geeting better and better. Good job.

glanternier's picture

Wow! So fast :-) Thanks!

glanternier's picture

Hello, after upgrade to 1.25.0-1 the search isn't returning any results anymore.

rinigus's picture

Bugfix version released

rinigus's picture

Just fixed it few minutes ago. New release will be out soon - want to fix one script as well

jakecn's picture

Can you add metro lines?

rinigus's picture

please more specific: online or offline? for online, I will need corresponding data source and style. for offline, need to implement import and style. All is possible (esp offline), requires work though

lispy's picture

It's perfect now.

raffles496's picture

Thanks so much for this app, is amazing.
This update fixed the problem with buttons in my XA2 with 3.1.0.11.

csg1976's picture

Thanks a lot for this marvel!

lispy's picture

Great for buttonfix! Storeman just needed some time. I was impatient. Thx for quick reply...

lispy's picture

Installed the update, still no button images, removed it via the Appdrawer, tried to reinstall and now storeman says: unknown. No more install option. Can I purge via console?

rinigus's picture

no buttons are still due to iconbutton issue, as reported earlier and discussed over here, official TMO thread, and at TJC. I reimplemented the corresponding button last night and I hope that it will fix it for sfos 3.1.x users.

As for Storeman issues - no idea. you should be able to install via console as well, see zypper for example. Maybe Storeman needs restart or something else.

ferlanero's picture

Last update is absolutely amazing, thanks!

Yener's picture

nice work, very good

ABreen's picture

I keep getting an error when I try to do the update

mixmax's picture

The same for me...

rinigus's picture

Please look up a reply for it as well, as given earlier on that issue. I still don't have any word from Jolla devs on how I am expected to fix it correctly (asked at TJC and devel mailing list)

glanternier's picture

The icons of the app recently began to appear as blank on my Sony Xperia XA2 Plus. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0buusq0eblvpkv/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran_20190803_001.png?dl=0

ddelamarre's picture

Hi

I confirm, same behaviour for me.

Dominique

elkiaer's picture

I'm back using version 1.21, like to have the satellite maps.

rinigus's picture

Satellite maps are available in 1.22. Choose map provider (HERE) and then on map selector (a button on the top right  of map view), select satellite

ferlanero's picture

Umm.. Testing deeper I realize that when you double touch day or night mode, you can activate our deactivate day or night mode. In order to work correctly, you have to select (not green dot ) any of the modes. Then, automatic day/night change occurs. Thanks rinigus for this great app!!

ferlanero's picture

On last version, I love to see the day/night switch option so accessible. But for me, the automatic option seems not to work properly. Yesterday it changed from day to night correctly and then, it remains in night view forever :( I'll check it today again. Nevertheless thanks a lot for your great work with Pure Maps!!

rinigus's picture

Keep me posted. Note that if you manually specified night mode (you have a green dot next to the mode), it will overwrite automatic day/night switch. That's to give you ability to switch modes manually when you want to.

ferlanero's picture

Just testing now and I can confirm that the automatic day/ night: after changing first time correctly ,second one isn't working for me. Pure Maps stucks on the map first changed automatically or in my case, manual selected (day or night. It's indifferent)

csg1976's picture

Thanks for all your work! On 3.1 the buttons are visible yet whithout pictograms on them.

didilalalagon9's picture

Hi! We are missing the nav arrows during navigation in cover mode. By the way I was holding back a little on ver 1.15 prior ma latest Sailfish update but now that I moved on I fiddled a little with the auto zoom feature. Great job very nice. As propose previously what it just need in the futur would be that the ''zoom in'' be force right prior the next manouver ,( could be 1 km or few undred meters pending the speed vs remaining distance), to high light the manouver to perform and this will serve very well as ''change lane assist''. Any way keep up the good work.