Sailfish Connect

4.8

Alternative Sailfish OS client for KDE Connect

Features

This application allows you to connect to other devices running KDE Connect. At the moment following set of KDE Connect plugins are supported:

• Battery - Share battery status with your computer.
  • Clipboard - Share clipboard text content.
  • MPRIS - Control multimedia player from your computer.
  • Share - Send and receive files, text and URLs.
  • Touchpad - Create mouse input from your phone.
  • Keyboard - Create keyboard input from your phone.
  • Notifications - Sends notifications to your computer.
  • Telephony - Send incoming and missed calls to your computer.

More will follow.

Submit bugs to Github or use Git Reports if you do not own a Github account.

Other KDE Connect Clients

Contribute

Known Issues

• SendNotifications: GSConnect does not show some of the notifications
  • LAN: A connection through USB-Ethernet and developer mode is not possible.
  • LAN: Sometimes link gets destroyed right after first connection
    • Symptom: No connection to other device after app start, but connection is possible.
    • Workaround: Do a refresh from Sailfish Connect or KDE Connect.

Keywords:

File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.4.1-1.armv7hl.rpm254.61 KB10/09/2019 - 21:21
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.4.1-1.i486.rpm289.61 KB10/09/2019 - 21:21
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.4-2.armv7hl.rpm250.34 KB18/08/2019 - 21:54
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.4-2.i486.rpm285.98 KB18/08/2019 - 21:54
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.3-1.armv7hl.rpm213.11 KB02/03/2019 - 22:58
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.3-1.i486.rpm239.14 KB02/03/2019 - 22:58
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.2-2.armv7hl.rpm172.51 KB21/10/2018 - 19:07
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.2-2.i486.rpm195.04 KB21/10/2018 - 19:07
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm150.68 KB10/08/2018 - 23:52
File harbour-sailfishconnect-0.1-1.i486.rpm170.59 KB10/08/2018 - 23:52

0.4.1
- Fix bug of app quiting after file transfer of any kind when screen is off
- Fix file upload to GSConnect
- Wake up app regularly to keep TCP connections alive (see #27)
- Added translation for French and one missing translatable string (thanks to the translators)

0.4
- Added keyboard plugin (thanks to derFogel)
- Added album art to media player
- Added possibility to open downloaded file
- Redesigned device page
- Enhanced sending notifications
- File transfers are now more robust (especially large transfers)
- Changed: Clipboard content must now explicitly pushed (see #7)
- Added translation for Finnish, Swedish and Polish (thanks to the translators)

0.3
- Added page to show file transfers
- Added telephony plugin
- Fixed various bugs to support GSConnect
- Fixed crash when unpairing
- Fixed various small bugs

0.2
- Changed name to Sailfish Connect
- Added setting to control running in background (new default is off)
- Added notifications for pairing and ping plugin
- Added touchpad plugin
- Added share plugin
- Added notifications plugin prototype
- Made few ui enhancements
- Fixed several bugs
- Added known issue description notice for clipboard plugin
- Connecting should be more stable

Comments

sdiconov's picture

Unable to pair with desktop. Both PC (linux, kde-connect) and jolla1 phone (sailfish connect) are in the same subnet connected to the same router. Ping works, firewalls disabled, but the devices do not see each other and the phone is not detected as a connectabke device.

R1tschY's picture

Can you install the Android KDE Connect Client to see whether this client can connect?

objectifnul's picture

v0.4-2 seems to be not supported in SailfishX v2.2.0.29 (Unresponsive GUI; all patches disabled). Reverted to v0.3-1 which is OK.

csg1976's picture

Thanks for the update!

akikk88's picture

Finnish support coming?

R1tschY's picture

Finnish translation will come in next release, which will be released end of July or in August.

mugshot's picture

Hi, I noticed that in the media/file selection window, the Select file to send isn't translated. I couldn't find that string in Transifex either.

See: https://imgur.com/a/mZigSxm

R1tschY's picture

Hey, thanks for reporting. I just forgot to make the string translatable. Will be fixed in the next release.

JacekJagosz's picture

Any way I could make it run automatically with system startup?

R1tschY's picture

At the moment you have to setup at your own a systemd service. Maybe in the future this is part of the installation process. I did not tested it. Just copied from harbour-sailorgram and adjusted:

• Activate background mode in SailfishConnect settings.
  • Create file named harbour-sailfishconnect.service in /usr/lib/systemd/user/post-user-session.target.wants/:
[Unit]
Description=SailfishConnect
Requires=lipstick.service
After=lipstick.service

[Service]
Type=dbus
ExecStart=/usr/bin/invoker --type=silica-qt5 /usr/bin/harbour-sailfishconnect
BusName=org.harbour.SailfishConnect

[Install]
WantedBy=post-user-session.target
  • Then on the command line run:
systemctl-user restart harbour-sailfishconnect.service

Edit: Fixed harbour-sailfishconnect.service

JacekJagosz's picture

I get that error when I run systemctl-user status
harbour-sailfishconnect.service - SailfishConnect
Loaded: error (Reason: Invalid argument)
Active: inactive (dead)

R1tschY's picture

I found the problem. It should be:

[Unit]
Description=SailfishConnect
Requires=lipstick.service
After=lipstick.service

[Service]
Type=dbus
ExecStart=/usr/bin/invoker --type=silica-qt5 /usr/bin/harbour-sailfishconnect
BusName=org.harbour.SailfishConnect

[Install]
WantedBy=post-user-session.target
murfik's picture

after rm config app work, thank's!

murfik's picture

After update app crash on startup

R1tschY's picture

That's not good :-/

Try to delete the config folder: /home/nemo/.config/harbour-sailfishconnect

Or run SailfishConnect on the terminal: /usr/bin/harbour-sailfishconnect
and send me the output.

eson's picture

What do I need, to send SMS from my linux mint desktop? I have KDE Connect and most things seem to work, but no SMS. I can see the plugin on my phone, but it's not available in KDE Connect on desktop.

R1tschY's picture

I just tested with MConnect and KDE Connect as backend and it worked. At the moment SMS history and contacts is not supported. For example SMS functionality in GSConnect does it not work until this is implemented. But yes, I also do not see it in the KDE Connect plugins dialog. Maybe it's a bug, because it's possible to send messages.

eson's picture

Ok, thanks! I'll try again.

Btw... I got Swedish translation ready to use, if you confirm my request at Transifex, or do you prefer PR at GitHub?

R1tschY's picture

Transifex is the prefered way. Swedish is now accepted.

objectifnul's picture

There seems to be a size limit for file transfer, but I didn't manage to determine its exact value.

R1tschY's picture

There should not be any. The feature is not as stable as it should, but I'm working on it.

objectifnul's picture

Useful to know, at least for Ubuntu users. These ports must be open on desktop side:

sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
 sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp
 sudo ufw reload

(see here how to revert those permissions)

eson's picture

That is very generell. I would specify which machine(s)/IP(s) is allowed to connect.

sudo ufw allow proto udp to any port 1714:1764 from 192.168.*.*
sudo ufw allow proto tcp to any port 1714:1764 from 192.168.*.*
sudo ufw reload
dfstorm's picture

Tmojo: thank you. I was wondering.

tmojo's picture

Thanks for your app, it enhances usability of my phone a lot.

There's one issue that puzzles me, just don't know if it's me or for everyone: sailfish-connect and kde-connect don't see each other if the phone is connected via USB / developer-mode. I can contact the instance via `openssl s_client ...` so it does not seem to be a network issue. Connection via wifi work without any issue.

R1tschY's picture

Created an issue for this problem: https://github.com/R1tschY/harbour-sailfishconnect/issues/17 I will try to fix it.

dexic's picture

Please write this down in the app description. I have played around for longer than half an hour, until I have found this comment....

R1tschY's picture

Added it as a known issue.

carlosgonz's picture

exelente aplicación. thank for v0.2-2 spanish fix.

shafonya's picture