Ti85emu

Your rating: None Average: 5 (7 votes)

Ti85 emulator. You will need a rom file, it is not included.

After starting the application you need to switch the calculator on with the ON button. There is also a auto time off. After some time when there is no input it looks like that the calculator is stuck but it is sleeping wake it up by press the on button.

With the save/load buttons you can save the calculator status and load it. The reset button will reset the calculator and settings.

Since 0.0.9-10 the emulator has a settings file so you could have you rom file where you like, the file must have a ".rom" extension. Start ti85emu click the menu button, click on settings and then select file, select your rom file and click open. Finally you need to click on ok and close afterwards the application and restart.

Also the load function (*.sna;*.sav) and send function (*.85p) has now a file dialog.

Rom file location:

In most countries, it is illegal to share or download ROM images for devices you do not own. Dump your rom, rename and copy to (not needed anymore):

/home/nemo/.ti85emu/ti85.rom

Load vti save file:

Rename and copy the vti save file to /home/nemo/.ti85emu/ti85emu.sna and then push the load button.

Sending program files to the emu:

You can send *.ti85p files to the calculator, it works only with single program file.

• Rename *.ti85p to dummy.send and copy to /home/nemo/.ti85emu/
  • In the calculator push 2nd -> LINK -> F2 (RECV) then push the send button above the display.
  • The transmission of the file should be quick. Now you can push the on button to end the transmission.

Error 35 will pop up but the program should be there.

If you love the app and would like to donate through paypal, you can follow the link.

File ti85emu-0.0.9-3.armv7hl.rpm60.68 KB05/03/2016 - 00:27
File ti85emu-0.0.9-10.i486.rpm155.42 KB04/01/2020 - 01:20
File ti85emu-0.0.9-11.armv7hl.rpm149.67 KB18/01/2020 - 04:44
File ti85emu-0.0.9-11.i486.rpm155.41 KB18/01/2020 - 04:44
File ti85emu-0.0.9-12.armv7hl.rpm148.76 KB19/01/2020 - 22:52
File ti85emu-0.0.9-12.i486.rpm154.29 KB19/01/2020 - 22:52

* Sun Jan 19 2020 Halftux 0.0.9-12
- fixed error msg placement

* Fri Jan 17 2020 Halftux 0.0.9-11
- fixed rom file dialog parent
- fixed start script for XA2 plus

* Fri Jan 03 2020 Halftux 0.0.9-10
- fixed desktop file
- fixed start script
- added file dialog for load/send and for rom selection
- added settings and ini file
- added auto load save function
- compiled with 3.2.1.20 environment

* Fri Jul 19 2019 Halftux 0.0.9-9
- fixed center support with or without scaling
- fixed startscript for high resolution support

* Sun May 19 2019 Halftux 0.0.9-8
- start script for 1920x1080 resolution
- added screensize detection

* Sun Oct 29 2017 Halftux 0.0.9-7
- removed button scaling for 1920x1080 resolution
- added save/load message
- added high DPI hint

* Sat Oct 28 2017 Halftux 0.0.9-6
- no icons workaround and quality upgrade

* Sat Sep 24 2016 Halftux 0.0.9-5
- save bug removed
- center support
- Jolla C support

* Tue Mar 8 2016 Halftux 0.0.9-4
- load vti save file support
- fixed signal double connections

* Fri Mar 4 2016 Halftux 0.0.9-3
- Set no interactions err textedit

* Sun Jan 31 2016 Halftux 0.0.9-2
- Initial release optimized for SF

* Sun Jan 31 2016 Halftux 0.0.9-1
- Initial release

Comments

MartiMasa's picture

@halftux there needs to be still some adaptation reagrding screen resolution to use the app in full screen. So far it only works well only on the mighty old Jolla JP1...all newer devices show the calculator only in a minimized few that is not so practical.

Here is a link to the ROM file which is needed to use this app - please test:

The ti85.rom file which should be in the .ti85emu folder in nemo:

Happy new year to all of you guys!

zuyev's picture

I have XA2 Plus. I can't see the menu button. I can't load /home/nemo/.ti85emu/ti85.rom.

Thank you for your work!

MartiMasa's picture

Same problem on my XA2 Plus! The menu bar is not shown unlike on XA2 Ultra (app works brilliantly now and this is the device I mainly use), Jolla 1, Jolla tablet, Xperia X which I've tested. It seems that only for XA2 Plus the screen-resolution is not quite correct. Otherwise the app has greatly improved!!!

halftux's picture

I uploaded a new version please test.

MartiMasa's picture

Thank you very much! The new menu with loading ROMs is great and improves the overall usability a lot. BTW, there's an app that is similar which is called „Graph 89” in F-Droid but I didn't manage to get any ROM to work. However, I think your native app is much better! Viele Grüße!

zuyev's picture

Thank you!

I still can't load the rom.

halftux's picture

Thank you for the screenshot this helps a lot to solve the problem.

Should be fixed now! Please test.

MartiMasa's picture

Thank you for fixing the XA2 Plus issue!

zuyev's picture

Thank you! Working.

MartiMasa's picture

On my XA2 Plus it works now with the ROM file I provided with the link earlier! Please try loading the ROM file under Menu > Settings > Select File. After selecting you should close and restart the app.

halftux's picture

Should be fixed now there was an old startscript in the package. And thank you for your support added more functions for you.

MartiMasa's picture

&halftux thanks for finding time to update your app! I tested it on a few SailfishOS devices and it works now fine except on Xperia XA2 Plus. However this phone is a popular one...with 1080 x 2160 pixels (18:9 ratio). Would you be able to adapt your script to take XA2+ into account in next update. Also, if you could deploy it for x486 as well, it would be awesome to get it working for Jolla Tablet!?

halftux's picture

I will include 1080x2160 resolution for the next release. Are there more popular devices for x486 tablets with different resolution or only the jolla one 1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio?

halftux's picture

Ok I think I fixed the resolution and center problems. I also released a x486 version. A feedback would be welcome.

MartiMasa's picture

Do you still have time to develop this app further? I like this app a lot, it looks great on Jolla JP1 and C but on high resolution Sony Xperia XA2/XA2+ it looks odd with font outside the calculator picture. Would there be a chance to scale/zoom the TI84 picture for Sony Xperia devices? I'd like to donate!

halftux's picture

Try the last version please and report if it is working.

eatdirt's picture

Thanks, work like a charm on Jolla 1!

Thanks good to know.

objectifnul's picture

Not really comfortable with the XperiaX and its 1920x1080 display. Any hint to enlarge ti85emu to full screen?

minitreintje's picture

Same on Oneplus X

halftux's picture

At the moment there is no way to make it bigger.

EDIT: you can scale it with qt5.6 environment variable QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 and it should look ok with latest version 0.0.9-7

objectifnul's picture

Understood. To make it clear, enter

QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 ti85emu

in terminal.

minitreintje's picture

Is it possible that you will release a TI84+ emulator in the future? This version is used in almost every Belgium school and university and in other countries as well.

halftux's picture

I found some time to compile CEmu an emulator for the Ti84 Plus CE calculator for Sailfish.

halftux's picture

I guess you want to have the ti84 plus ce version with the eZ80 processor? However for make such emulator I need to have the calculator or at least a dumped rom file. Until now I couldn't find one. Atm there is only one project going on, the CEmu, however there is no stable release, but could be doable with lot of work to porting to sailfish.

minitreintje's picture

I have such a calculator, can I help you with it? image ti-84+

halftux's picture

Ah I see this is the old ti-84+ a rom file can be found in the www. When I have some time I try to start with CE version first.

Ingvix's picture

There's something wrong with the layout on Aqua Fish with SFOS 2.1.2.3. The button labels aren't showing and it makes the calculator very hard to use. They do work and response to pressing. Here's how it looks like.

halftux's picture

Thanks for reporting. I will have a look into it. But I guess I need to wait for a new sdk.

Latest SDK Release version 1701-1 ( 2.1.0.10 (Iijoki) )

Latest early access SDK version 1707 ( 2.1.1.24 (Jämsänjoki) )

Ingvix's picture

I believe it's out now. Also a scaling for Xperia's 1080p screen would be appreciated.