harbour-sailkick

3.7

Native unofficial songkick client

If you are into concerts, then songkick.com is definitely the best site to visit. It has all the venues from the big to the tineast ones. I like that site and the android app so much that i have written a native app for it.

thanks for hints and/or existing source code to:

- marko k (ownKeepass)

- coderus

- leszek

-  ichthyosaurus (tab control)

sources:   https://github.com/PawelSpoon/harbour-sailkick

thanks to all translators !

If you like my work, buy me a beer : Donate

File harbour-sailkick-1.2-0.armv7hl.rpm110.37 KB13/05/2017 - 08:10
File harbour-sailkick-3.0-3.armv7hl.rpm192.03 KB29/08/2020 - 10:54
File harbour-sailkick-3.0-4.armv7hl.rpm195.79 KB30/08/2020 - 20:18
File harbour-sailkick-3.1-0.armv7hl.rpm195.26 KB31/08/2020 - 19:19
File harbour-sailkick-3.2-0.armv7hl.rpm195.61 KB03/09/2020 - 21:01

3.2  updated german and swedish

3.1   elide title on all pages,
        search on artists and locations
        fix attendance on plan page (issue brought in 3.0.4)

3.0.4 quick fix for landscape support - new tab control

3.0.3 translation support on tabbed main page, english and german translation
         transiflex needs to be updated yet

3.0.2 cover page button works now, coverpage too, but on the initial page :)
          allow all orientations

3.0.1 fully working, but coverpage
      coverpage does not show the lists and is unsynced, when swiping between the tabs
      also action button does not work

3.0 reworked UI:
      tabs instead of caroussel
      refresh now refreshes all pages
      possible to switch between native event view and webview

2.5 no new features, uploaded lost code to github :), new sdk and new build target 3.3

2.4 copy / paste artists and venue adress from event page
      plans page has now refresh
      add cover action
      updated translations

2.3 manage location and artists webview does now scale properly and should be usable
      after modifying location / artists, it is sufficient to use refreh pulley, no need to get back to concerts and use 'get tracking items' ..

2.2  translate attendance (i' going / maybe) on plans page, shows 'on-tour-info' on artist page.
       this on-tour-info gets only. update on 'get tracking items from songkick'.
       this version is the first baby step to offline capability of this app.

2.1  new SDK, show all performers of an event in event view

1.7.2 remove open in webview context menu, fix broke manage artists/locations page

1.7   events detail page

1.6   live coverpage

1.5.5 updated translations for sv, nl

1.5.4 updated translations, sv and de should be now complete, es all but help page

Comments

PawelSpoon's picture

Update. should.fix.your.issue

meemorph's picture

wow, thank you very much. "Piepmatz-Feeling". And YES it fixed it.

Yesterday I was tinkering in your qml scripts, added _defaultOrientation... Later height and width hardcoded, and swaped height and width *nothing* was changed in the UI. But my qml knowledge is only an epsilon over zero.

PawelSpoon's picture

i guess i could have used some onresized event, but this is better :)

meemorph's picture

oh, I did not wrote, that the old version 2.x works fine.

meemorph's picture

I can take the old version on geminipda (as I wrote in 1st comment), my geminipda is landscape only. The screen orientation handling is not well implemented in the sailfishx (or many apps, don't know if OS or apps are the problem) for geminipda, thats why the device works best in (a patched fixed) landscape mode only. I think some day it will be fixed in the tabed version.

meemorph's picture

sfos version 3.3.0.16, there is nothing (no errors) in the log (started it from terminal). The program does not scale right in landscape mode. I tried it on another device and portrait mode is ok, landscape mode is not. It should happen on every device if turned to landscape. Today I checked it on the good old JollaPhone too, portrait ok, landscape not scaled for landscape, still portrait scaling and only the middle sector of screen is visible. Please try landscape orientation on your device one time.

all i can say:

my other app: olive goes ... is now also using the tabview in the new Add page.

olive app works in landscape but the add page seems now similarly  broken as sailkick app is.

i do not think i can fix it.

i was planing to replace the tabview with another tabcontrol. i belive this has not the issue. but it will take a while

i can disable the rotation for now, so that it is only usable in portrait mode. if that helps you.

meemorph's picture

the reworked UI does not work on geminipda (landscape). On start I can see 'sailkick' short in portrait and then read concert (big letters in landscape) for a short moment. After that the screen stays black.

Hi,

i am now waiting since 8 days for a logifile or more detiails on your issue.  I did sent you a private message too. Where is the sence in an bug report, if you do not provide more information ?

PawelSpoon's picture

i will need the logfiles. i have now enabled all orientations. what os version are you on ? could be due to sdk or due to the usage of tabview

rgsidler's picture

Hi Pawel, I guess so, too. Thank you for your kind support anyway

rgsidler's picture

Hi Pawel. Today I wanted to follow your suggestion, but after having updated several apps and libraries with a regular update through Storeman, there isn't any probkem any more... So I can't even send you a log with faults, unfortunately. Though if it would help you, I could save one anyway and send it to you, of course.

PawelSpoon's picture

good to hear your problems are solved !
the log do not make now any sense, so you can save your efforts.

i do not think it had anything to do with my app in special, rather something with outdated packages after the sfos update.

rgsidler's picture

Well, meanwhile I tried to delete the app and follow your steps. But unfortunately I cannot even do that; I always get a message about a missing buteo...sync... something... I guess, best will be to reset my phone and start from the beginning.../p>

PawelSpoon's picture

you can not delete it ? that is strange indeed. have you tried to uninstall install other apps from openrepos.net / storeman ?

are you familiar with pkcon refresh ?

usually when you have apps from openrepos you need to run pkcon refresh after each sfos update.

btw: to log:

you run harbout-sailkick >> log.log

then you collect the file with file mainager or copy its content and pass it to me

PawelSpoon's picture

but i think you.just missed the get tracked items from ... point

PawelSpoon's picture

aah ok, when you enable.develooer mode, the terminal app gets installed, there you tyoe harbour-sailkick.

harbour-sailkick

First you need rhe acount, then you set.the.username in the app, then you do get tracked items from ..
and then restart the app
done

rgsidler's picture

Hi, Sipoonkoorpi is 3.0.1.8 and the same problem aopears on 3.0.2.8... I hadn't installed it before and opened an account on songkick after I understood, that it's mandatory to receive data from Songkick. The problem is persistent. No changes, even after having updated it to version 2.3.
B.t.w. How can I start a program from the command line. I don't see any terminal app, which would enable me to do so...

naytsyrhc's picture

Thanks for your app. It's nice to get data directly without the extra ads presented on website. Don't worry about bocephus, the user just tries to offend almost everyone at as many occasions as possible (here or on TJC). But one feature your app could provide over website is: daemon mode that periodically polls and notifies about upcoming new events.

PawelSpoon's picture

i personally do rely on the e-mail notifcations that do come directly from songkick.com. i.e. the reminders for upcoming events.

have you checked the settings of your account ? it might be sufficient

rgsidler's picture

On my Jolla 1, under Sipoonkorpi, it's impossible to get any data from Songkick. There is just a message "ResultPage.Status Not Ok" and on a second line, in small italic letters "undefined". Could you please have a look at this? Thank you in advance - Roland

PawelSpoon's picture

I do not have a jolla 1, but it runs on intex and xperia x.

which version of sailkick are you using, did you read the 'important' note ?

sipoonkoorpi is what version number ?

if you start the app from terminal can you share the output here or github ?

UPDATE: can you give me some update on your problems ? are they solved ?

Ups, just saw that latest update broke the manage webviews.. fixed in 1.7.2

PawelSpoon's picture

All my friends are using Android and i do not judge their intelligence based on their phone usage.
If you have anything to say to improve the app, please do so.
If not, not. I wish you a prosperous 2019. Thank you very much.

PawelSpoon's picture

Thanks for your helpfull post ;-) Did delete all my apps and use them in browser.

Bocephus's picture

I don't use apps like that because of their redundancy, but if I had apps who basically did nothing but mirror a certain website, I would remove them too. I already have a browser for looking at websites. Usually only Android users are dumb enough to install an app for every website they want to visit.

Bocephus's picture

https://www.songkick.com/ works fine in the stock browser. No app needed.

carepack's picture

? the swiping right to left ist the implementation of youtube player? why not adopting the approach of the mediaplayer i mentioned? it would be cool if a last swipe in location will the user bring back to the start view. thx

carepack's picture

you're totally right, like I said iirc. I checked the mediaplayers on openrepos and found the one I ment.

Look at the second picture from the right side, it could be an approach.