Amazfish

Donations: https://paypal.me/piggz

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip, Cor, MiBand2/3 and GTS

***PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING TO 0.9.0***

Version 0.9.0 requires sailfish version 3.0.3.8 or above due to changes in the base sailfish image

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip and GTS, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching fotn (.ft) and resource (.res).  Send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching font and resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the font and resource.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

So, to re-iterate, the firmware flashing order is:

• .fw
  • .ft
  • .res

Amazfit GTS

Beta support for the Amazfit GTS includes activity data sync and sports sync (GPS). No support for downloading FW or watch face, an no support for sending weather data.  GTS requires a server-side pairing key which requires inital pairing with an android device.  To get the key, follow the instructions here and enter into Amzafish when prompted, WITHOUT 0x at the beginning.

MiBand 2/3/Cor

These devices are untested and use the Bip backend.  Should be safe to try and FW download should not be allowed.

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from their device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-1.6.6-1.armv7hl.rpm3.18 MB17/07/2020 - 11:30
File harbour-amazfish-1.6.7-1.armv7hl.rpm3.18 MB22/09/2020 - 00:25
File harbour-amazfish-1.6.8-1.armv7hl.rpm3.18 MB22/09/2020 - 11:29

1.6.8

• Fix application notifications not shown in UI

1.6.7

• Add support for the activity data format in later GTS firmware
  • Pinetime-JF renamed InfiniTime
  • Add music control for InfiniTime
  • Fix sending goal to watch

1.6.6.

• Fix uI crash when daemon not running
  • Minor backend fixes

1.6.5

• Fixed GTS/GTR auth with new firmware (please feedback if still issues)
  • Major re-write, mostly non user visible, moving the following to libwatchfish
    • Calendar
    • Notification
    • Calls

1.6.1

• Fixed repeating alarms

1.6.0

• Basic GTR support
  • GTS/GTS music app inplemented
  • Moved button based mucis control to daemon
  • Only send connect notification if there are no buffered messages
  • Start using libwatchish where applicable

1.5.6

• Fix daemon crash when pairing

1.5.5

• Fixed sending weather to GTS
  • Refactored weather code
  • Initial support for Pinetime-JF

1.5.1

• Be more stringent about allowing firmwares to be downloaded
  • Fix timestamps in GPX files

1.5.0

• Fixed file transfers (watchface/fw) to the Bip
  • Watchface transfer to Bip Lite confirmed working
  • Added file transfer support for the GTS
    • Watchface confirmed working on XA2/Mido
    • FW confirmed working on Mido

1.4.5

• Added heartrate analysis page
  • Moved raw graphs to menu

1.4.0

• Large contribution from Petr Tsymbarovich
    • Reworked pairing
    • Updated first page
    • Updated config storage
    • Updated device selection
    • Use nemo notifications
  • Add indoor cycling activity type
  • Fix syncing data when in DST(hopefully!)

1.3.1

• Darker paercentage circle
  • Fixed service Stop button
  • Load steps on startup for quicker display
  • Translation updates

1.3.0

• UI improvements thanks to @AlphaX2
  • Note added to sleep page

1.2.0

• Hopefully fix reading calendar
  • Translation update
  • Start using the supported-features system to hide some UI components when not applicable

1.1.3

• Improve coverpage information and actions
  • Fix labels on graphs
  • Fix auth with bip lite / band
  • Fix bug for time format selection
  • Add support for sending calendar events to supprorted devices
  • Request alarm info from watch on init
  • Fix display of steps showing x10 sometimes

1.1.2

• Fix initial pairing with Bip, Miband 3 and maybe others

1.1.1

• Add support for Bip Lite
  • Allow connection of MiBand3 and Cor (untested, uses the Bip backend)
  • Translation updates

1.1.0

• Fix alarms being overwritten
  • Initial (beta) support for Amazfit GTS
  • New pairing page and improved pairing

1.0.0

• Added support for flashing newer firmwares
  • Added disconnect notification option
  • Fix buffered notifications when the watch is not connected (they never worked)
  • Added workaround for data not syncing when in DST
  • Added low battery notification

0.9.2
Stop notification when call answered
Fix sending weather on interval
Add more languages for watch (only works if supported by FW)

0.9.1
Fixed crash for new users
Weather UI fixes
Whitelisted some more firmware
Translation updates
Bugfixes for daemon/ui split

0.9.0
***ONLY FOR SAILFISHOS >= 3.0.3***
Daemon/UI split
Reworked some pages to streamline them

0.8.9
Add buffer for 10 notifications when watch disconnected

0.8.8
Added deep sleep value to page
Save GPX files in data location not cache location
May install on SFOS 3.0.3 when available

0.8.7
New UI layout
Sleep statistics

0.8.5
Added step summary chart showing steps over previous 20 days from the selected day
Added auto-sync of activity data which occurs each hour

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

MartiMasa's picture

@piggz thanks for your quick reply and help with this fix! All good now ;-)

hensip's picture

On newest Sailfish XA2 version (3.0.3)  the app has been removed. I can't reinstall it with pkcon either storeman.

piggz's picture

This is due to jolla removing libicu52.  Until I can rebuild everything on 3.0.3, something like the following will work:

zypper in --download-only libicu52 (or download the file from my openrepos)

rpm -i --nodeps libicu52*.rpm

pkcon install harbour-amazfish

Rene666's picture

Hello, does the app work with the Amazfit Pace?

jojonintendo's picture

I can confirm that latest latin firmware can be flashed correctly now, it is no longer marked as "invalid". Nice!

stiltskin's picture

I'm on hw 0.11.19.5, sw 1.1.2.05; the phone is X 3.0.2.8

Test notification works ok, but my incoming SMS's are received twice on the watch.

Maybe you know what should I check?

Thaodan's picture

Got missing dependencies? Install from storeman should be easier.

WillDo's picture

When I'm trying to install the application, I get the message "problem with installing", any tips on how to fix that?

My steps:

- Download the latest RPM from this page
- With "File Browser" open the downloads folder in which the RPM is downloaded
- Open the RPM-file
- Drag down the pull-menu from the top, click install
- Receive the notification "problem with installing"

I'm getting the message both on my Jolla1 and my Xa2 normal, single sim. Both updated to the latest Sailfishes. On both phones installing applications from non-trusted sources is enabled.

Edit:

Installed it via storeman and that worked!

zash1958's picture

Question for "All day HRM interval" settings:

A setting of "0" means NO measurement or like in the Android App a continuous measurement?

In "Notify & Fitness" the watch can be programmed to do a continuous measurement of the heartrate.

TIA Uwe

D_R's picture

Is the Xiaomi Amazfit PACE watch supported to? I read in several tests that this watch is nearly th same like Amazfit BIP... Are there any informations about supporting the PACE?

ClumsyRooster's picture

Hello! Thanks for the app! So I have a weird issue: I have the Bip one, I didn't change the firmwire, and an XA2. But I can connect the watch to SfOS and the app. Everything was working well. But now I cannot send the test notifications on my watch from the app. But I can still see all the debug info on the app! So looks like it's connected but can't communicate for some reason. And yeah, I don't have any notifications on my watch but the app gives me the correct number of steps though! If someone had face the issue and already figured out a solution, don't hesitate to tell me :) In any case, thanks a lot for working on this app!!!

piggz's picture

I think the earlier firmwares didnt support chunked messages, which is the method I use to send notifications to the watch. I recommend to upgrade the firmware.

ClumsyRooster's picture

Oh thanks. Yeah looks like my watch firmware version is : 1.1.5.02, I guess I will downgrade to 0.1.1.45 ;)

Is the support for 1.x series scheduled? Or should I downgrade and stick with 0.1.x firmware? Thanks again!

piggz's picture

No, 1.1.5.02 should be fine, I use 1.1.5.04.

leolio's picture

ok my bad. I confirm everything is working perfectly with 1.1.5.02! And now I have notifications! That's awesome, thank you so much!!

zash1958's picture

Hi,

thanks for the work!!!!! The app runs without any crash and stable. Only the weather sync is sometimes a bit strange. Sometimes the data on the watch seems to be good, another time all weather data for

actual temp

maximum temp

minimum temp

are the same and are not plausible. What weather source have You implemented? The temperatures are not the same like in Sailfish-Weather

Any hints or tips? Or is it how it is?

TIA

Uwe

Caluna's picture

On newest Sailfish XA2 version (3.0.1.14) I have a strange behaviour: The App connects for a first time, but if I lose Bluetooth connection (e. g. when I am out of range), the connection is not re-established. If I try to re-connect manually (Connect to watch) I gt the message, that the device is not valid and may not be supported.

piggz's picture

sounds like jolla bug, not my bug ;)

pjr's picture

Nice work @piggz ! New UI with sleep tracking made this app perfect for my use!

piggz's picture

Thanks, I aim to please!

Donate button is there for happy users ;)

pjr's picture

Just got you second beer ;)

hakkl's picture

Yes, would be very nice. Exactly the 2 devices i have... Amazfit Pace and MiBand3.

salkos73's picture

Hi. First of all thanks for your work. You could add other devices, Amazfit Pace or Xiaomi MI Band 2/3? I have no idea how much it is complicated ... but I hope. Thanks!!

dalas_revo's picture

The same hills true for the intensity graph, it also shows today's intensity for yesterday and tomorrow

dalas_revo's picture

Thank you for the update!

I found that for me the steps all are the same as for the day being in the detailed view. I mean that if i walked 5000 steps today, the page with the graphs for yesterday and for tomorrow also show these 5000 steps, at least as number.

One question: whenever i go to the page with the data graphs I always have to touch the single graphs to show anything or to update. Could it be automated that whenever I enter this page that all graphs are updated?

jpn9s's picture

Amazfish app looks excellent for a smartwatch support. Could it be possible to adjust it working with Samsung Galaxy watch (Tizen)?  I am very disappointed that Xperia X do not support it due to too low Android support 4.4.4. Also I do not have any high expectations whether Galaxy Wearables app should work with Android support for 5 or 8.1. Thank you for information. Good luck.

Historyscholar's picture

Good ,but  I just  have  Ticwatch  S.

mvdm's picture

Just installed it on sony xperia X 3.0.0.8 and paired it with mi band2

working : date and time

heart rate and battery

not the steps and the alarm so far ...

test of call ok , thanks a lot for the great work ;-)

mvdm's picture

works great with xperia x and mi band 2 only missing step counter not displaying on the main page but ok in the data statistics.

great work,

phone call also ok

not ok notification, email and popup

time format 24 hr not ok ..

hardware v0.1.3.2 soft v1.0.1.39 ...

mvdm's picture

if you need help for french or dutch translation  just ask ;-)