Amazfish

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip and Cor

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching resource (.res).  If you send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the resource.  It may work better to send the resource first, then the firmware.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Weather
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from theire device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.5-1.armv7hl.rpm679.46 KB12/01/2019 - 18:02
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.7-1.armv7hl.rpm681.18 KB23/01/2019 - 01:38

0.8.7
New UI layout
Sleep statistics

0.8.5
Added step summary chart showing steps over previous 20 days from the selected day
Added auto-sync of activity data which occurs each hour

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

zash1958's picture

Question for "All day HRM interval" settings:

A setting of "0" means NO measurement or like in the Android App a continuous measurement?

In "Notify & Fitness" the watch can be programmed to do a continuous measurement of the heartrate.

TIA Uwe

D_R's picture

Is the Xiaomi Amazfit PACE watch supported to? I read in several tests that this watch is nearly th same like Amazfit BIP... Are there any informations about supporting the PACE?

ClumsyRooster's picture

Hello! Thanks for the app! So I have a weird issue: I have the Bip one, I didn't change the firmwire, and an XA2. But I can connect the watch to SfOS and the app. Everything was working well. But now I cannot send the test notifications on my watch from the app. But I can still see all the debug info on the app! So looks like it's connected but can't communicate for some reason. And yeah, I don't have any notifications on my watch but the app gives me the correct number of steps though! If someone had face the issue and already figured out a solution, don't hesitate to tell me :) In any case, thanks a lot for working on this app!!!

piggz's picture

I think the earlier firmwares didnt support chunked messages, which is the method I use to send notifications to the watch. I recommend to upgrade the firmware.

ClumsyRooster's picture

Oh thanks. Yeah looks like my watch firmware version is : 1.1.5.02, I guess I will downgrade to 0.1.1.45 ;)

Is the support for 1.x series scheduled? Or should I downgrade and stick with 0.1.x firmware? Thanks again!

piggz's picture

No, 1.1.5.02 should be fine, I use 1.1.5.04.

leolio's picture

ok my bad. I confirm everything is working perfectly with 1.1.5.02! And now I have notifications! That's awesome, thank you so much!!

zash1958's picture

Hi,

thanks for the work!!!!! The app runs without any crash and stable. Only the weather sync is sometimes a bit strange. Sometimes the data on the watch seems to be good, another time all weather data for

actual temp

maximum temp

minimum temp

are the same and are not plausible. What weather source have You implemented? The temperatures are not the same like in Sailfish-Weather

Any hints or tips? Or is it how it is?

TIA

Uwe

Caluna's picture

On newest Sailfish XA2 version (3.0.1.14) I have a strange behaviour: The App connects for a first time, but if I lose Bluetooth connection (e. g. when I am out of range), the connection is not re-established. If I try to re-connect manually (Connect to watch) I gt the message, that the device is not valid and may not be supported.

piggz's picture

sounds like jolla bug, not my bug ;)

pjr's picture

Nice work @piggz ! New UI with sleep tracking made this app perfect for my use!

piggz's picture

Thanks, I aim to please!

Donate button is there for happy users ;)

pjr's picture

Just got you second beer ;)

hakkl's picture

Yes, would be very nice. Exactly the 2 devices i have... Amazfit Pace and MiBand3.

salkos73's picture

Hi. First of all thanks for your work. You could add other devices, Amazfit Pace or Xiaomi MI Band 2/3? I have no idea how much it is complicated ... but I hope. Thanks!!

dalas_revo's picture

The same hills true for the intensity graph, it also shows today's intensity for yesterday and tomorrow

dalas_revo's picture

Thank you for the update!

I found that for me the steps all are the same as for the day being in the detailed view. I mean that if i walked 5000 steps today, the page with the graphs for yesterday and for tomorrow also show these 5000 steps, at least as number.

One question: whenever i go to the page with the data graphs I always have to touch the single graphs to show anything or to update. Could it be automated that whenever I enter this page that all graphs are updated?

jpn9s's picture

Amazfish app looks excellent for a smartwatch support. Could it be possible to adjust it working with Samsung Galaxy watch (Tizen)?  I am very disappointed that Xperia X do not support it due to too low Android support 4.4.4. Also I do not have any high expectations whether Galaxy Wearables app should work with Android support for 5 or 8.1. Thank you for information. Good luck.

Historyscholar's picture

Good ,but  I just  have  Ticwatch  S.

mvdm's picture

Just installed it on sony xperia X 3.0.0.8 and paired it with mi band2

working : date and time

heart rate and battery

not the steps and the alarm so far ...

test of call ok , thanks a lot for the great work ;-)

mvdm's picture

works great with xperia x and mi band 2 only missing step counter not displaying on the main page but ok in the data statistics.

great work,

phone call also ok

not ok notification, email and popup

time format 24 hr not ok ..

hardware v0.1.3.2 soft v1.0.1.39 ...

mvdm's picture

if you need help for french or dutch translation  just ask ;-)

cvp's picture

Did someone test it with the Stratos 2 or Pace Watch? :)

dalas_revo's picture

In SFOS's BT setting, sorry

dalas_revo's picture

I recovered by deleting the watch in SFOS's, re-pairing it, sending resources, fw and finally the font

marxistavegana's picture

0.8.1 works with COR and does not crash

dalas_revo's picture

No, I think your instruction is clear enough, people just have to follow it ;)
Maybe you could add a hint not to mix Latin and non-latin files, but in general I think it should be clear...

Reflashing did only work after deleting the watch in the BT section of SFOS settings, but finally flashing non-Latin font did the trick! Thank you very much!

dalas_revo's picture

Very nice app! Thank you!
Finally a usable smartwatch on sailfish :) Unfortunately I managed to bring my device into a more or less unusable state ( not bricked). First I flashed latest fw ( doesn't recognize the one with ending "latin" as fw) and res (latin), which worked very well. Afterwards I flashed latin fonts. Now the Bip always displays "Connect APP to update" and I can't get it out of this state. Reflashing firmware and ressources doesn't help.
I's there anything I can do to get it working again?
I am using it on an XA2, amazfish 0.8.1, as 0.8 always crashed at startup

piggz's picture
piggz's picture

Oh, sorry you got in such a state.  Could you try flashing the 3 non latin files, firmware, Res and font.

Failing that, can you use an android device to use mifit to do the flash?  I probably need better instructions on what to flash and which order!