Pure Maps

Pure Maps is a full-featured map and navigation application allowing you to explore maps, search for addresses and points of interest, as well as assist with navigation. For that, it uses online or offline service providers.

Offline maps, search and routing is possible with OSM Scout Server. Pure Maps will list OSM Scout Server among the providers if you have it installed. For it work, you'll also need to have the server running and map data on your device. See the OSM Scout Server documentation for installation instructions and follow setup instructions for Poor Maps.

Note: Online maps users are requested to register their own Mapbox GL key and enter it through the preferences of the application. This will allow us to use default key for application testing and provide the service without hitting free tier limits. Reasoning behind the requst is explained at TMO post, see follow up messages on TMO pages for users feedback and small details on how to enable and test the personal key. Note that without significant number of users moving to the personal keys, Mapbox key will be revoked and the users of Mapbox tiles will not be able to access it.

As of 23 Jan 2019, the public Mapbox access key has been revoked. Users are welcome to register their private key in the application.

Requirements:

• Mapbox GL Native QML component for map display and interaction, should be installed as a dependency automatically.
  • Voice navigation requires that you manually install a text-to-speech (TTS) engine – Mimic, Flite, PicoTTS and Espeak are supported. Their quality is about in that order, with Mimic and PicoTTS available from this repository. See corresponding TTS engines for language covereage.

Pure Maps is a fork of WhoGo Maps and continues its legacy. Reasons for forking described at corresponding post.

License: GPLv3

File harbour-pure-maps-1.20.0-1.noarch.rpm1.28 MB19/05/2019 - 20:39
File harbour-pure-maps-1.21.1-1.noarch.rpm1.19 MB01/07/2019 - 16:55
File harbour-pure-maps-1.22.0-1.noarch.rpm1.22 MB29/07/2019 - 22:41
File harbour-pure-maps-1.23.0-1.noarch.rpm1.47 MB25/08/2019 - 09:50
File harbour-pure-maps-1.24.0-1.noarch.rpm1.47 MB26/08/2019 - 23:05
File harbour-pure-maps-1.25.2-1.noarch.rpm1.48 MB14/09/2019 - 16:27

Comments

rinigus's picture

Long press should always create poi. After that, data is fetched. Its possible that offline database doesn't have it. Note that there are few technical issues with it. Location database has only central points, so it looks for those near your press and hold poi. It doesn't have data on shape and cannot check if poi is within some geometry. For that, different data is needed and maybe I can add it in future. But not that soon...

crakby's picture

Thank you for reply. Yes I can see, that offline has different database then online. Some the same entry, but not exactly same place. That might be the reason why offline POI does not choose the POI neer the press and hold, even there are entries. On holiday, offline data can be very useful. Looking forward and you're development is much faster than on jolla side :-)

murfik's picture

how to change lang on map (streets)?

rinigus's picture

good question. That's not possible right now, except for OSM Scout Server maps where you have choice of local and English names. For Mapbox, it should be possible, but maybe there is a better way than generation of styles for each of the languages using https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/change-language/ . I'll check it out

didilalalagon9's picture

Do you have dependencies tha would force Pure maps to update? I set ''Storeman'' to not checking for updates automatically and not notyfing me either but regardless Pure maps always end up updated after few days to latest ver. without my consent or knowledge. Storeman publisher claim that it is not suppose to be a Storeman behavior.

rinigus's picture

Recently the updates were rather frequent, but I they should be coming via common mechanisms. Last week there were 2 releases of Pure Maps and one of Mapbox GL QML plugin. One more Pure Maps update is coming soon, later there will be a shorter break, as far as I can see.

didilalalagon9's picture

Ok , he my previous comment was for ver 1.15. Quick updade over 1.16 and some of your changes have me loose the proper larger padding between the menu items. So I will stick on 1.15 a little longer to get the time to figure out more your changes vs the advices you replied me about the menuDrawer.qml. Other question/request , in routing option none of the routing engines offer "tunnel" or ''unpaved roads'' . As a camper those to options are concern to me with my travel trailer ( some city underground highways tunnels prohibit any vehicule transporting pressure gas tank like propane). Truck drivers also would apreciate those. As a side note , tunnel avoidance is only supported by too few mapping app . Pure Maps would mark points there.

rinigus's picture

Sorry for late reply - wanted to check few things before and got carried away from it.

Routing options are coming from the corresponding routers. The mainly targeted one is Valhalla with its API at https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla/blob/master/docs/api/turn-by-turn/a... . As far as I can see, there is nothing caravan specific nor tunnels.

I would suggest to open an issue with this at https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla/issues and ask for these features. As soon as they are available in Valhalla, its trivial to add them to Pure Maps and provide updated Valhalla via OSM Scout Server for offline routing.

didilalalagon9's picture

Great , thank you . Just a few changes for large padding's and ThemeItemSizeLarge in the iconlistitem.qml and in the menupage.qml and I am all set as I wished for.

rinigus's picture

You actually have now an opportunity to make it something even better suited for your case. For that, just reimplement MenuDrawer* QML files in https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/tree/master/qml/platform.silica . Right now they are symlinks to https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/tree/master/qml/platform.generic. For example, you can replace https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/blob/master/qml/platform.generic/Me... to load ToolItemPL (in ../platform.silica) and even arrange in 2 column view using grid layout in MenuDrawerPL. Profile selection I would suggest to keep as it is for simplicity (MenuDrawerSubmenu* files)

didilalalagon9's picture

Ok my mistake , my OSM profile was not set to custom any more and some required data was disabled.

didilalalagon9's picture

He! I found out that I have incomplete map details rendering form.OSM Scout in either offline or mix profile. Sector relatively close to my city have details but i try to soom some other city of my country only general roads and highway are avail . i switch to online and details infos then apear. Pure maps issue on OSM scout server? In OSM I tried to unsubscribe/resubscribe but no changes.

ricardo_990's picture

Fantastic Sailfish navigation app, really impressed with interface, ease of use. Thank you.

didilalalagon9's picture

Hi ! Best sailfish nav app aroud. However you recently change the menu list vs icons qml code. Previously I was cheating and overwighting those specific icons by ovesized version to improve ease of selection when in landscape and driving ( my phone is on car holder). but now as I could figure the text vs icon lining up lock the icon size to small and my trick dont work anymore. Maybe if you coud add setting option to augment the menu icons & text list size to suite more preferences it would be great .

rinigus's picture

thnx! Which buttons/icons are you thinking about?

didilalalagon9's picture

All icons from the main menu page. Of course in landscape that would force more scrowling but I would not mind it since it would require less precision to select. Of course not necessarely while driving , safety first, but even when the car is safely parked, on the driver seat with the arm almost in half extend it become hard to make precise selection in the main menu page.

rinigus's picture

I have changed some code related to that page. Let's see if you could hack it from the next version. Let me know if you have issues, I'll be happy to help you out.

dfstorm's picture

Really good.

ClumsyRooster's picture

Best map application!! Thank you so much!

itoss's picture

great work everything worked ,audio output via picotts too,

while i was installing an configure the audiooutput i saw some the option "audio boost". and i dont activate this. now i want to activate the audio boost function but i cant find the option anywhere. is the audioboos function configureable in the puremap app or in the picotts app ?

rinigus's picture

I have no idea what is this audio boost, unfortunately.

sashikknox's picture

Cant connect offline OSM Scout Server , is it disabled now? it work before.

itoss's picture

are u using the actual OSM Scoutserver packages and have you updated the Cardfiles in the OSM Scout server? This was the reason why OSM dont work with pure maps

rinigus's picture

No, should be enabled. Assuming that you selected Offline profile in main menu, OSM Scout Server should be available for selection (and is default in that profile)

sashikknox's picture

Yes, now i found it, thanks! Best map application for sailfish!

itoss's picture

rinigus's picture

Depending on the language preference, I would suggest to install Mimic https://openrepos.net/content/rinigus/mimic or picoTTS https://openrepos.net/content/rinigus/picotts

They both are linked in Pure Maps Openrepos description

Pohli's picture

Will my saved places (favourites) remain if I uninstall and reinstall Pure Maps?

rinigus's picture

Yes, they will. Configuration is kept in your home folder under ~/.config/harbour-pure-maps/ . So, you may wish to copy that for backup

wpeberg's picture

Great App to start with!! I observed a difference of given driving time between "Pure Maps" and "Poor Maps". Having set the same configuration, driving time for the same route shows for Pure: 3:30, Poor: 2:30.
Tried to figure out why, but did not find any answer. Thanks, Walter