Amazfish

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip and Cor

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching resource (.res).  If you send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the resource.  It may work better to send the resource first, then the firmware.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Weather
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from theire device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.3-1.armv7hl.rpm239.17 KB23/07/2018 - 23:19
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.5-1.armv7hl.rpm673.84 KB26/08/2018 - 11:02
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.0-1.armv7hl.rpm673.94 KB25/11/2018 - 16:33
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.1-1.armv7hl.rpm674.27 KB29/11/2018 - 00:32
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.2-1.armv7hl.rpm674.21 KB01/12/2018 - 16:29

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

ar560's picture

Just found function "Lift wrist to view info" doesn't work with Amazfish. Previously I switch on this function in MiFit. And now it doesn't work :(

Where "Refresh button" go? :)

piggz's picture

refresh is now a pulley menu on the stats page

piggz's picture

If you run harbour-amazfish from the command line, it will generate a ton of output which would be useful to debugging the MiBand2.  Have you set a profile on on it?  Settings >  profile > save, see if that helps.

ar560's picture

looks like 12/24h setting inversed for band2. When I select 12h, clock show 0-24 range. 24h selected -> 0-12h range.

ar560's picture

Send links to logs in privat message.

> Settings >  profile > save

Where? In Mifit no such buttons. amazfish too

piggz's picture

I just uploaded a fixed version, opening the user profile page was broken.

Try opening the user profile page, and sending the profile to the band to see if that helps get data back.  If not, send me logs again.

ar560's picture

Yep, settings are saved now. Only steps count on main page absent.

mr_Upolo's picture

Does it work with mi Band 1s? Or it will not connects?

piggz's picture

No, I think at best it works with the MiBand2, Cor, and of course Bip, which is the only officially supported device.

TybaldRabe's picture

Hi, your app is great, but latest version had issues w my MiBand2. Heath rate and steps not displayed on graphs. Ver 0.6.8-1 work better. How can i help? Maybe translation to Czech??

piggz's picture

odd, there shouldnt have been any changes in that regard.   can you get logs after trying to retrieve data and post to github?

mr_Upolo's picture

Is there a thing to unpair the device? I want to connect another device but the app only find old mi Band 2...

piggz's picture

delete the old device from system bluetooth settings, and make sure it is out of range when pairing the new one.

explit's picture

It brings cyrillic (RU) support. (For me very important)

piggz's picture

in that case id better add support for setting that lang in the app!

explit's picture

Thanks piggz! Cool App. Working with the new FW 1.0.1.00 too

piggz's picture

cool, im not on that yet ... does it bring anything noticable?  theyre terrible for changelogs!

TybaldRabe's picture

Hi, maybe developer "mat90c@gmail.com" can help with code for MiBands. He build app for android. I can help with Czech language.

Caluna's picture

How to upload a watchface file? At least bin files from amazfitwatchfaces do not work. When I choose a downloaded bin file at "Download File" it says: "No file selected".

piggz's picture

works here, but maybe i have a newer dev build . apologies, ill re-upload later, i remember fixing that as one of the last problems, and could have got the release wrong.

Caluna's picture

Great, now it works: thank you!!

cvp's picture

Thanks for the update. Watchface upload works fine! I get the message that the app responding, just keep waiting. Donation is out :)

German translation for 0.6.5 is ready, pullrequest is started.

eanderalx's picture

Nice App, what about a daemon so that the app does not have to be open?

Two Problems I've found while using with an Band 2 and an Xperia.
The call Notification sometimes doesn't work, restarting amazfish help.
The second problem is a bit more complicated, but at the moment I do not understand under which circumstances it occurs. I suspect it is related to the notifcations you access.
Normaly I get one notification per conatct (contact name and last message) in the eventsview for messages from whatsapp or sailorgram. When they are marked as read in the web client the notification in the eventview disappear.

While running your app the eventsview show one notification per message from a contact (contact name first message, same contact name second message) and after they are marked as read by the web client on my PC the notification don't disappear from eventview until I delete them. After restarting your app everything was fine again and worked as expected.

cvp's picture

What about translations? Can we help you? I can help to translate to german :)

piggz's picture

Yes, do it on github, somone else is already doing sweding tranlations

cvp's picture

.... done ;)

Okerampa's picture

Thanks ! And we can set the alams now, great :)

Okerampa's picture

I think I got an issue since last version : I cannot go to status/weather/etc. by swiping left or righe. Swipe up and down work... If I connect to Mi Fit on androit, I can again swipe. But each time I reconnect using Amazfish swipe left and right won't work :(

Also, does Amazfish update weather ? I think not, but to be sure ^^

(Xperia X and version 0.6.0)

piggz's picture

settings - device - display items - save

and no, not yet

gomerus's picture

I had the same problem and was wondering what happened. All items where marked, but i didn't try the save button. Maybe it would be good to save when going back instead of having an extra save button?