Amazfish

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip and Cor

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching resource (.res).  If you send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the resource.  It may work better to send the resource first, then the firmware.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Weather
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from theire device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.3-1.armv7hl.rpm239.17 KB23/07/2018 - 23:19
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.5-1.armv7hl.rpm673.84 KB26/08/2018 - 11:02
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.0-1.armv7hl.rpm673.94 KB25/11/2018 - 16:33
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.1-1.armv7hl.rpm674.27 KB29/11/2018 - 00:32
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.2-1.armv7hl.rpm674.21 KB01/12/2018 - 16:29

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

mousse04's picture

On band2, time selection ia inverted. When selecting 12h, display ia 24h and vice versa ;)!!! But great, very goos app

mousse04's picture

Works with my band 2. In the forecast of supporting officially thr band 2, any chance to be able to set up alarms ? Thanks

cvp's picture

Amazfish Version: 0.5.5 || Amazfit FW Version V0.1.1.36 || SFOS 2.2.0.29

* The Heartrate Chart dont work on an Xperia X. Ot display only "No data" ... Or i use it wrong ?

piggz's picture

Click the button on the first page to download your data ... keep clicking until it says there is no more data.

You need to turn on all-day-hrm in settings to have it monitor your heartrate all the time.

cvp's picture

Thanks this works for me :) thank you for your work :)

rgrgrg's picture

Thanks for this app!

Couple of questions:

1) any plans for the Stratos?

2) does it integrate at all with something like Laufhelden?

Thanks again!

piggz's picture

1) no, not unless someone donated a device, however I will accept PRs for new devices

2) yes. initially i want to get live HR data to laufhelden

rgrgrg's picture

I'd be willing to chip in a few dollars for that purpose, maybe there are others that are also interested?

bundyo's picture

Thanks, works now!

bundyo's picture

Hmm, seems to depend on some cmake version, at least in 2.2.

piggz's picture

give it a go now ... hopefully fixed it

Okerampa's picture

I don't know if it was corrected since the 5.1.1 version, but with 4.7.1 I could pair only if I had updated my watch before using Mi Fit on an android device. Then it worked flawlessly :) One missing feature in this version : the call number or contact name is not shown, instean only "incoming call' ^^ But thumbs up otherwise !

cvp's picture

Oh nice! My Amazfit Bip arrived today. And the version 0.5.1 has been released :)
I use a Sony Xperia X and the pairing and connecting works! Data is synchronized.

One UI bug: The refresh button for the heart rate monitor shifts to the right as soon as a numbuber is displaed.

I would be glad if more features will appear :)

Amazfit FW VErsion V0.1.1.36 - SFOS 2.1.4.15

gomerus's picture

With the current version I can connect again too. The connection itself seems much more stable now. The range seems a bit low. More than a meter away and I often get reconnects.

Thaodan's picture

Look on github there's already a bug for this. it's called supported firmware.

gomerus's picture

Hey thanks for the updates. Unfortunately the last two releases it's impossible to pair. Have the same problem as Caluna. But i like your fast progress. Keep it up!
Forgot to say. I'm still on fp2

piggz's picture

please try 0.4.7

gomerus's picture

Unfortunately still the same problem. What information do you need from me to help you debug?

Caluna's picture

Hi Piggz,

Version 0.4.1-1 seems not to connect to the device (SFOS X latest). Version 0.3 works perfectly..

Best C.

piggz's picture

have you re-paired? no problems here, but it was a major change requiring a repair.  there are some issues with multiple notifications, and my dev version is much better.  with a few more features added i will make a release soon.

Caluna's picture

Yes, tried to re-pair. During re-pairing I get a truncated text saying

Connecting to watch.../org/bluez/hci0/dev_(Mac Adress of my device)

pairing

But connection cannot be established - also forgetting and re-pairing of the device in Sailfish BT settings does not help. Maybe next version solves the issue for me...

Edit: 0.4.5-1 does not solve the problem

piggz's picture

Fixed in 0.4.6 (i hope!)

Caluna's picture

Great! Seems to work. Thank you!!!

piggz's picture

yay, it works for someone not me! what is your phone?

RageZilla's picture

Hi Piggz,

I have the same issue than Caluna on my Xperia X. I can't pair my amazfit Bip with 0.4.6.

piggz's picture

please try 0.4.7

RageZilla's picture

It works now!!

Thanks

piggz's picture

I believe I know why the watch disconnects after 15 minutes .... hopefully I can fix it, but its a problem that happens on sailfish, not on a linux desktop :/ :(

Caluna's picture

Thank you for the update (0.2-1): Development seems to go quite fast. After update I get each 2-3 minutes a message that the app successfully connected (Sailfish X). Any way to turn this off?

piggz's picture

Not yet ... next version will have a setting for it. For me, it seems to be every 15 minutes it reconnects. Ideally, id like to stop it reconnecting at all, except when genuinely out of range.