Storeman

Unofficial native OpenRepos.net client for Sailfish OS

WARNING! It's a very early alpha version! Application name does not affiliated to any other software.

NOTE: Sailfish OS 2.1.4 / Lapuanjoki store client (0.12.8-10.7.1.jolla) obsoletes all Storeman versions to 0.0.15 inclusive. If you've upgraded to Lapuanjoki and Storeman has been removed then you can try Storeman v0.0.16 or higher.

Current features:

• List recently updated applications
  • List installed applications
  • List, add/remove, enable/disable repositories
  • Show applications info similar to the official Jolla store client
  • Install/remove applications
  • All lists are scrollable, data is loaded in the background
  • Search for applications
  • Tap on the "Reply to" label on the comments list to navigate to the original comment
  • List categories and apps by categories
  • Comment, reply to comments and edit comments for apps
  • Use button panel to add HTML tags when typing comments (hint: select text and then click a button to wrap it with a tag)
  • Initial support for apps bookmarks
  • Initial support for backups
  • Show categories on the applications page - tap a category label to show all related applications

Supported locales:

harbour-storeman-0.0.17-2.i486.rpm279.92 KB20/02/2018 - 09:36
harbour-storeman-0.0.18-1.armv7hl.rpm264.31 KB22/02/2018 - 01:42
harbour-storeman-0.0.18-1.i486.rpm280.44 KB22/02/2018 - 01:42
harbour-storeman-0.0.19-1.armv7hl.rpm264.79 KB23/02/2018 - 02:51
harbour-storeman-0.0.19-1.i486.rpm281.18 KB23/02/2018 - 02:51

2018-02-23 • 0.0.19-1

• Fix comment field was not writable to, if very first comment
  • Fix comment field clearing on send
  • Update translations

Full changelog.

Comments

merpl's picture

From the list of "Installed applications", I click on an application I have installed because i want to remove it.

This takes me to a "Search" screen which displays the name of the application, and a search field, and the text "Nothing found // Try to change search keywords"

This is not intuitive UI behavior.

When I click on an installed app from the "Installed Apps" list, I expect to get a window showing the app's status (when installed, size, version number) along with an option to "uninstall app", and if a newer version is available, the option to "upgrade app".

Otherwise, it works well for me so far.

Edit: I found an option to Uninstall App if you first search the repository for your application name, then click on the application, then click 'uninstall'.  However this did not work for me (was not logged-in to repo). I just see the animated circle and 'Uninstalling' but nothing happens.

This was with 'harbour-metronome' application which uninstalled fine with zypper.

cheers

osetr's picture

Hi,

I agree that it's not intuitive but you can't get the application page directly because Storeman doesn't know which OpenRepos package is installed. I can add a context menu for items in the installed applications list or create a new application page with information that could be fetched with the PackageKit.

minitreintje's picture

Great backup support! Perfectly if you come back from a factory reset :)

Ingvix's picture

I'd like to be able to skip update so it won't announce that there's update available every time I open Storeman. And while we're at it, a feature to ignore all updates for selected app would also be nice.

osetr's picture

Ok, I've added it to the roadmap

akikk69's picture

Very good, thanks!! :)

Skillmon's picture

If you don't have time for the automatic check for updates, at least a manual check from inside the app pages for updates of that repo would be nice (like warehouse, but maybe in pulley).

Bocephus's picture

Works flawlessly on 2.1.1.26 so far!

Maximilian1st's picture

Thank you for the much improved OpenRepos app. It was a bit of a search to find how to update, maybe there could be an update possibility where you can already find the remove and launch commands.

osetr's picture

Do you speak about the pull-down menu on the application page? It already contains the update item but it's visible only if an update available. Another thing is that Storeman does not check for updates automatically but I have an idea how to fix it.

Sorry if I understood you incorrectly.

Schturman's picture

Yep heve this problem too.. Looks like it not read .spec file... As example in my patch. It show package uninstalled, but physically package is still here (rpm -qv) and it mess patches.
As example rules from my spec file for update and uninstall, but it didn't do this:
%pre
if [ $1 = 1 ]; then
#Do stuff specific for first install
echo "It's first time install"
else
if [ $1 = 2 ]; then
#Do stuff specific to upgrades
echo "It's just upgrade"
/usr/sbin/patchmanager -u sailfishos-datetext-size-meecast
fi
fi

And for uninstall:

%preun
if [ $1 = 0 ]; then
#Do stuff specific to uninstalls
/usr/sbin/patchmanager -u sailfishos-datetext-size-meecast
else
if [ $1 = 1 ]; then
#Do stuff specific to upgrades
echo "It's just upgrade"
fi
fi

osetr's picture

Storeman does not read spec files. For operations with packages it uses the PackageKit API through its Qt wrapper library (just like Warehouse does).

naytsyrhc's picture

@osetr sometimes, storeman has a strange behaviour. Allthough repositories data was fetched, some apps are listed as not installed allthough they are and sometimes vice versa (not installed but storeman shows them as installed). And I had a problem with uninstalling a patch: the patch was not completely removed (storeman said so, but I could still find the package from commandline with rpm -qv packagename).

osetr's picture

It's a question what apps to show as installed. Warehouse shows all installed packages but Storeman tries to filter installed from OpenRepos. So an app is considered as installed only if there is an enabled OpenRepos repo which contains its package. And if you remove such a repo than all its apps are removed from the Installed list.

On the other hand if you add a repo which contains packages that are already installed (even system packages) then they are added to the Installed list.

If you are sure that some packages are shown incorrectly then it's a bug but I haven't encountered this yet.

inta's picture

Works great with the current SFOS beta, but I have no idea about SFOS stable.

inta's picture

I missed some new strings as I were on holiday for 2 weeks, but I added the missing translations on saturday morning.

monkeyisland's picture

Funny thing all is German except the status message. I didnt find any thing in transifex. So i cant tranlated.

osetr's picture

Here is the last version with updated translations. It's built with the beta SDK so I don't want to release it here on OpenRepos.

monkeyisland's picture

works but on my phones the commentary function is broken.

when i click on send or german senden my commentar is deleted.?

naytsyrhc's picture

You have to relogin. Sometimes Storeman thinks you're still logged in allthough you are not.

osetr's picture

Looks like it's a bug though Storeman should detect issues with authorization. I've tried to reproduce it but with no result.

Schturman's picture

Hmmm weird, because Warehouse do exactly what wrote in spec file for preupdate/preinstall etc... Same as installation from filemanager or from terminal..

osetr's picture

Is this issue actual for all your patches?

Schturman's picture

I tested only once... All my putches was installed via terminal, don't remember why and which patch I decided to uninstall via Storeman app. App said it uninstalled, but when I checked via terminal (rpm -qv) the package was still there...
Another user asked me for help with my patch it mess some stuff and not worked (it was very strange for me). When we investigated what happened he said that he installed another weather patch over previous via Storeman. But the spec file shouldn't be allow this... Like example, this user have been installed:
sailfishos-datetext-size-meecast
It have in spec:
Obsoletes: sailfishos-datetext-size, sailfishos-datetext-size-weather
Now by mistake he installed the second patch:
sailfishos-datetext-size-weather
that have in spec:
Obsoletes: sailfishos-datetext-size, sailfishos-datetext-size-meecast
Conflicts: harbour-meecast-event
That mean the previous one should be unapplied and uninstalled automatically, and in the first place it shouldn't be allowed to install at all, because of "Conflicts" option (meecast users have also harbour-meecast-event package).
For some reasons Storeman skipped all this stuff and installed the second package for this user.
P.S. I forgot to say, I don't have my repo enabled, all my packages installed via terminal. Maybe this is a reason that Storeman physically not unapplied and not uninstalled my patch even it show Uninstalled...

osetr's picture

but when I checked via terminal (rpm -qv) the package was still there...

And what does the 'pkcon search name' or 'pkcon get-details' show?

Storeman works with packages through the PackageKit API. So spec files should be handled by PackageKit. I tried to reproduce your example with the meecast packages but I had had errors for unresolved dependencies. Did you try to reproduce it with the pkcon command?

Schturman's picture

P.S. Just now tested with meecast too, same result (about what I wrote you in PM).

Schturman's picture

Hi. I sent you PM.

silverhook's picture

Wow, commenting from the app works! This rocks!!! :D

gsalone's picture

Hear hear!

Bocephus's picture

It's already so much better than the Warehouse app ever was. Even though it's an early alpha, it has already replaced Warehouse, which I have removed. In Osetr I trust! :D