Release 1.3-2 is a recompilation for Sailfish OS 2.0.5. It won't install on 2.0.4. When you update your phone, the Rockpool UI won't start until you upgrade to 1.3-2.
Unofficial Pebble smartwatch support for Sailfish.
Rockpool is a port of the Ubuntu Touch application RockWork, which is a port of the Sailfish application Pebbled, which can trace its history back to the original python libpebble written by Pebble developers for exactly this sort of thing. It supports the v3 version of the Pebble firmware, which was released with the Pebble Time and is now available for earlier models. You can update your v2 Pebble classic to the new firmware with Rockpool.
NOTE: Versions 0.10-1+ include WebSocket support, and declare a dependency to Qt5WebSockets, which is also in this repo. Note that you'll only be able to automatically install this dependency if you have added my repository (e.g. through Warehouse), otherwise you'll have to install manually it from here or else installation will fail.
- Forwards notifications to the watch, they can be opened or dismissed from there. New notification types in the pebble v3 are used: Hangouts for Hangish, Telegram for Sailorgram and the android client, Whatsapp for the android client. Different notification types can be silenced either completely or only when the phone is unlocked. SMS and IM messages can be replied to from the watch using user-defined 'canned messages'
- Calendar entries are added to the timeline on the watch, automatically refreshed when the phone's calendar is updated. If you have a reminder set on the entry before the event starts, you'll get one on your watch too. If you log into Pebble, then your watch will be able to subscribe to custom notifications from watchapps too.
- Send music info to the watch, including track duration and progress so you get the progress bar. You can pause, play, skip tracks and change the volume from your pebble.
- Show incoming call notifications, rejecting, accepting and ending calls.
- You can manage watch apps, and browse the pebble store for new ones. If you previously added apps manually, you should remove them and add them from the store so you get the nice icon. Your installed apps and watch faces can be synced with Pebble.
- Lots more: Profile switching when the watch is connected (e.g. silent). Take, manage and share watch screenshots. Update the time on your watch whenever the time or timezone changes on your phone.
- Language file support for alternative character sets.
To do list
The following features are not yet implemented:
- Companion apps. These are usually for iOS or Android only, and we haven't implemented a Sailfish API for them yet. Not sure we will
- Support for Pebble 2 watches. The new models only support Bluetooth Low Energy, which is not currently implemented in Sailfish OS.
Please feel welcome to contribute on GitHub, either by filing issues or chipping in. New translations are always welcome on https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/rockpool/translations/!