Fotokopierer

Description

A camera scanning application.

• Take new pictures from the camera or the gallery
  • Colorized, monochromatic and black/white pictures
  • create documents consisting of several pages
  • Reorder pages
  • Export to PDF

THIS IS A BETA VERSION, many things work but maybe not good as they could. Any help is appreciated.

Links

Development

There are two main weak points of this app:

1. A lot of icons are missing or very bad. If you are good at designing icons, help would be really appreciated.
  2. All image manipulation algorithms are currently only quick and dirty hacks. I'm not really good at image processing algorithms, so any support is highly welcome.

Keywords:

File harbour-fotokopierer-0.3.1-1.armv7hl.rpm2.42 MB06/06/2021 - 15:18
File harbour-fotokopierer-0.3.1-1.i486.rpm2.76 MB06/06/2021 - 15:18
File harbour-fotokopierer-0.3.2-1.i486.rpm2.56 MB09/06/2021 - 23:22
File harbour-fotokopierer-0.3.2-1.armv7hl.rpm2.22 MB09/06/2021 - 23:22
File harbour-fotokopierer-0.3.2-1.aarch64.rpm2.36 MB09/06/2021 - 23:22

0.3.2:

•  replace some forbidden characters in pdf file name

0.3.1:

• fix exporting jpg pictures to pdf (library version clash)
  • fix i486 build of OpenCV for 3.4 target

0.3.0:

• improve paper detection
  • allow to move edges of the selection
  • improve magic colorization
  • update OpenCV to 3.4.14
  • update PoDoFo to 0.9.7
  • update FreeType to 2.10.4
  • rewrite view related C++ classes
  • new IRC channel now on libera.chat

Comments

Malakay's picture

I found another problem - is any possibility to chamge how exported pdf files are named? I use syncthing and it doesn t work to sync expoeted pdf because : symbol in the filename. Could be replaced with - for example?

Malakay's picture

Oh, pity :( i started with tranalation by the way :)

Can you add Czech translation to POEditor? I will make it in few days :) thanks

Malakay's picture

Okay, i will do the translation :) viewfinder rotated like this: https://ibb.co/P4k4P79

fifr's picture

I have absolutely no idea why this happens and have no idea how to reproduce it.

Malakay's picture

Oh, by thw way, would you be pleased if I translate your app to my language?

fifr's picture

Sure, that would be nice. You can either use POEditor or translate the pot-file with the tool of your choice and send me the translation.

Malakay's picture

Oh, update has solved it :) thanks a lot :) i think it works even faster than before :) one more thing - when i turn to landscape to take picture, viewfinder is rotated wrong :D

fifr's picture

Wrong in what way? Actually, it should not be rotated at all because the orientation is (currently) fixed ...

Malakay's picture

So, does it have some solution? :)

Malakay's picture

Okay, how to start it from console?

fifr's picture

you need some terminal app (e.g. FingerTerm) and then run "harbour-fotokopierer" from the command line. It should show some more or less useful log output. Maybe there is a hint why the pdf-export fails

so, here it is:
I did:
turned on app, make a picture and next save as pdf

fifr's picture

Ok thanks. I think I found the problem. For some reason opencv compiled two incompatible versions of libjpeg, and using them for pdf-export didn't work ...

Malakay's picture

So, i have installed it finally. But - few problems occured:
1) image processing is really slow. I think that user planetos (developer of Imageworks) could help you to make those algoritms better :)
2) when I generate PDF, it tells me "error creating pdf file" and PDF cant be opened, because its damaged

fifr's picture

Thanks four your comments.

1. I know but I'm merely calling opencv ... I doubt that I can be faster than them. Well, of course there are some ways to reduce the amount of work to be done, but there are limits.
  2. I cannot reproduce that. Could you start the app from the console and see if there is some error message?
fifr's picture

I just released a new version (with a bunch of new bugs ;)) that is compiled for 3.4 (except on i486, here the compilation of opencv fails for some reason)

Malakay's picture

Thanks, tomorrow i will try :)

Malakay's picture

Could you be so kind please? I use older sfos version because of stability and no problems, in sfos 4 are still some not solved issues :(

fifr's picture

That is probably the reason. I compiled this version with the latest sdk. Maybe I can use an older one.

3.4.0.24 :)

fifr's picture

Which version of Sailfish do you use?

Malakay's picture

Installer told me that nothing provides libcrypto.so.1.1. Any way how to solve this? Pkcon refresh didn t help

mathieujallois's picture

Hope 64bit will come

fifr's picture

I'm working on it. Just recompiling for aarch64 didn't work because for some reason the camera does not work anymore (I've probably done something stupid). I do not have that much time, currently, so please be patient.

Jarod976's picture

Excellent application, functional and easy to use

explit's picture

Please build also i486 version!

glanternier's picture

This app really rocks !!! You should take it to Jolla Harbour!

yomark's picture

Very nice! I was missing an app like this, it's very easy to take a picture, (sort of)correct perspective/cut and make it very easy to read. Thanks a lot!