Theme Tool

Your rating: None Average: 5 (8 votes)

Theme Tool for Sailfish OS is a little handy utility to check out the details of your current ambience. It shows sizes and colors of various elements, and it can also change the system font size - conveniently even from the cover page! It automatically updates its contente whenever ambience change is detected.

This app is not intended to replace the SDK emulator bundled Components app, but complement it. I personally find the Components app too crowded for quick glancing, so I created this application with a selection of ambience-related items, such as colors and font sizes.

Development is done with SFOS 3 in mind, but I'll try to keep it compatible with SFOS 2, too. Please comment here, or preferably create GitHub issues, if you find compatibility issues. It's cumbersome to run old version of Sailfish SDK on one computer (previous version checkboxes only include SFOS 3 releases), so some changes may break the compatibility.

I created this tool for myself, but I hope it could be useful to other people, too. Any suggestions or comments are welcome!

License: GPLv2
Source code: GitHub

File harbour-themetool-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm36.04 KB25/11/2019 - 00:19
File harbour-themetool-0.1-1.i486.rpm37 KB25/11/2019 - 00:19
File harbour-themetool-0.2-1.armv7hl.rpm44.89 KB25/11/2019 - 22:33
File harbour-themetool-0.2-1.i486.rpm45.84 KB25/11/2019 - 22:33
File harbour-themetool-0.3-1.armv7hl.rpm45.88 KB27/11/2019 - 00:48
File harbour-themetool-0.3-1.i486.rpm46.79 KB27/11/2019 - 00:48
File harbour-themetool-0.4-1.armv7hl.rpm46.77 KB24/02/2020 - 23:17
File harbour-themetool-0.4-1.i486.rpm47.75 KB24/02/2020 - 23:17

0.4-1

• Add Croatian translation (thanks, milotype)

0.3-1

• Fix white screen in SFOS 2.2.1.18
  • Don't try to display light/dark ambience colors with SFOS 2.2.1.18
  • Simplify printing items' detailed text, cut down repetition
  • Update Chinese and Swedish translations
  • Type word "Chinese" correctly

0.2-1

• Make application translatable
  • Add about page
  • Add license details
  • Add Swedish translation (thanks, eson57)
  • Add Finnish translation

0.1-1

• Initial release

Comments

lfc22's picture

Starting the app I get a white screen. I'm on SFOS 2.2.1.18. Is it necessary to move to 3.XX to get it to work, or is there a workaround ?

direc85's picture

I haven't tested the app with other than SFOS 3.2.0, but I think 2.x versions can be added in the emulator. I can check it later.

In the meantime; could you create a ticket in GitHub, start the app from terminal and post the output in the ticket? Thanks!

lfc22's picture
Historyscholar's picture

plan to provide Chinese translation for it

direc85's picture

Done; now the application is translatable!

direc85's picture

Sure! I'll add the translations mechanics in GitHub, so you can translate it.