ToeTerm

Your rating: None Average: 5 (8 votes)

ToeTerm is a terminal emulator, which is based on ThumbTerm and FingerTerm code base, but designed to use Sailfish OS specific interface and theme. This version is based on ToeTerm by ROZZ.

New features compared to original FingerTerm:

• Transparent background (ThumbTerm)
  • Color schemes
  • Passive keys (ThumbTerm)
  • Keyboard layout switch gesture
  • Keyboard width fix after layout change
  • Accurate cursor/font position and ANSI ESC interpretation
  • Russian keyboard layout (from here)
  • Translations

Bug reports, translations and suggestions are welcome!

Source code: https://github.com/direc85/toeterm

Planned features and changes:

• More code cleanup
  • Color Scheme configurable in-app
  • Scripts configurable in-app
  • Function keys (F1, F2...) (in progress)
  • Split keyboard in landscape
File toeterm-1.9.1-1.armv7hl.rpm143.81 KB23/11/2019 - 18:36
File toeterm-1.9.1-1.i486.rpm153.34 KB23/11/2019 - 18:36

1.9.1-1

• Fix navigation dot misplacement on Jolla Tablet
  • Add Finnish layout with function keys

1.9.0-1

• Execute .bashrc on startup; terminal starts in home directory (from Fingerterm source)
  • Start binary using invoker (from Fingerterm source)
  • Fix visual keyboard feedback box position and rendering
  • Remove underscores from displayed layout names

1.8.1-1

• Update Chinise translation (thanks, dashinfantry!)
  • Update Spanish translation (thanks, ferlanero!)
  • Update Finnish translation

1.8.0-1

• Initial support for Light Ambiences
  • Added orientation locking
  • Major updates to "Fade" mode code box
  • Add line count setting to "Fade" code box
  • Chinise translation added
  • Apply keyboard fade timer properly
  • About page layout updates

1.7.0-1 (by Direc)

• Fix key icon sizes in e.g. XA2 Ultra
  • Use less intrusive key icons
  • Minor tweaks in Settings page
  • Add Finnish translations
  • Don't push Settings page twice
  • Code cleanup, project housekeeping

1.6.0-1 (by ROZZ)

• Function keys support
  • English layout with function keys added
  • Minor keyboard fixes
  • Ability to turn on an off layouts
  • Backspace is now passive
  • Cursor and text position are now truly accurate
  • Any font size is available
  • ANSI ESC fixes ([J, [K)

Comments

szopin's picture

Ability to disable highlight would be really cool, it gets in the way when using tools like mc, extra toggle would be great as you could easily disable/enable depending on the task you are doing and keeping the settings unlike tweaking it to 0 extra lines/top and reverting for cli use

objectifnul's picture

After update to 1.9.0.1 the "about" page still says "1.8". Weird.

direc85's picture

I forgot to update the about page. I'll fix it in the next update.

fllp's picture

Is it possible to configure the default directory? Since 1.7 or 1.8 ToeTerm drops me off at root instead of home.

direc85's picture

This should be now fixed.

fllp's picture

Yes indeed. Thank you for this!

direc85's picture

I noticed the same thing. I'll have a look at it.

TMavica's picture

Possible to manual adjust the keyboard size?

direc85's picture

Not at the moment, but that could sound interesting. When actually you would need to resize the keyboard?

TMavica's picture

Taller, because i using 10 plus, the 21:9 display is difficult to type in a small keyboard

MFM101's picture

New here, trying to figure everthing out. Not having a good time of it. Maybe I'm just to stupid. It's the only thing I can think of.

ferlanero's picture

Hi direc85!

I have done a pull request to update Spanish translation on Github. Have you seen it?

direc85's picture

Hi, now I have, updated, released, there you go :)

It looks like I have to "star" my own repositoroes too in order to get email alerts about issues and pull requests... Well, starred it is!

ROZZ's picture

Hey, great work! Thank you for continuing this project

direc85's picture

Hi and thanks! I noticed that the project was left alone, so I decided to pick it up. Thank you for mentioning my fork on your OpenRepos page!

ferlanero's picture

Wow! I'm absolutely impressed with your work on this terminal emulator! By far best looking terminal in Linux world. Thanks! There will be any chance to be able to use a spanish keyboard too? And can we contribute to its translation to spanish too, as I already have mentioned on github? https://github.com/direc85/toeterm/issues/2

direc85's picture

Thanks! Yes, more translations and layouts are always welcome! I posted some instructions in the issue.

Historyscholar's picture

Chinese translation finished!

TMavica's picture

Sorry. Is option, want lock it to landscape

direc85's picture

Sure, I can add that!

TMavica's picture

Thx

szopin's picture

Yeah not a bad idea actually, should be doable with some quick and dirty qml edit of allowed orientations though?

szopin's picture

Option to use native Sailfish keyboard

That would be interesting, once you're in an irc/telnet/whatever outside of shell sfos keyboard could come in handy with the prediction and all, toe's crossed

TMavica's picture

Would u like to add the orientation function?

szopin's picture

What do you mean orientation function? You seem to have commented the same on ROZZ's version of toeterm, it rotates fine from portrait to landscape?