acid-pass

Your rating: None Average: 5 (16 votes)

Acid-pass (pronounced "SSID"-pass) is an application to show your stored Wi-Fi password.

License

Warning
It takes root privileges to find the passwords. This can be misused if someone else gets access to your device!
The access code should prevent unauthorised use of the application itself by others. It has some other basic protections to make it a little bit harder to abuse it.
In short: use at own risk.

Translators:

File harbour-acid-pass-0.2-2.i486.rpm119.84 KB22/07/2019 - 22:20
File harbour-acid-pass-0.2-2.armv7hl.rpm117.96 KB22/07/2019 - 22:20
File harbour-acid-pass-0.2-3.armv7hl.rpm117.99 KB23/07/2019 - 16:43
File harbour-acid-pass-0.2-3.i486.rpm119.86 KB23/07/2019 - 16:43
  • 0.2-3 fix for OS dectection
  • 0.2-2
    • Added French translation (thanks Quenty31)
    • Should now also work on pre v3.1 releases
  • 0.2-1
    • Added Chinese translation (thanks dashinfantry)
    • Workaround to make password color highlighted again
  • 0.2-0 Adapted for 3.1.0.11 because of connman changes
  • 0.1-16 New icon by VanyCat
  • 0.1-15 Clear password from clipboard after 60 seconds when app is active
  • 0.1-14 Minor improvements
  • 0.1-13 Fixed alignment for tablet on main screen
  • 0.1-12 Fixes by Spanish and Swedish translators
  • 0.1-11 Added Spanish translation (thanks Caballlero)
  • 0.1-10
    • Disable hide all/show all when appropriate
    • Rotate thumbnail on small screens
  • 0.1-9 Improved login page once again
  • 0.1-8 Added german translation (thanks Nokius)
  • 0.1-7 Wifi icon itself clickable and variable
  • 0.1-6 Improved login page
  • 0.1-5 Added czech translation (thanks RikudouSage)
  • 0.1-4 Added russian translation (thanks Ancelad) and dutch translation
  • 0.1-3 Added swedish translation (thanks Eson)
  • 0.1-2 Added show/hide all passwords option
  • 0.1-1 Do not show forgotten SSID''s
  • 0.1-0 Initial version

Comments

DingOnceMeansYes's picture

This feature is stock functionality in SailfishOS for a long time. What for this app?

-> Settings -> WLAN -> [Do longpress the appropriate network] -> Edit -> [Tap the passphrase line] -> [Tap abc]

ade's picture

That's a lot of steps, but it works. The choice is yours, how cool is that :-) ?

Malakay's picture

Yeah, working now :)

Malakay's picture

Yeah, id like to :)

Malakay's picture

Still i cant see passwords, even in 022

ade's picture

Thanks for reporting. I can't test myself as I don't have devices with older versions. But I think I found the issue. Could you test 0.2-3 for me please?

slava's picture

You don't need to run anything as root, in order to read (or write) WiFi passwords. Your application could run as nemo:privileged (like the Settings app does) and still have access to WiFi passwords via D-Bus. All you need is to install a file to /usr/share/mapplauncherd/privileges.d directory - see my Ofono logger app as an example.

ade's picture

Sound good, I will have a closer look at that!

Malakay's picture

So I uninstalled and installed back version 0.16. It works :)

Malakay's picture

Sorry, but it offered an update, so I just updated. If I uninstall it and install older version, it will be ok?

Malakay's picture

After last update all wifi passes missed :( no saved passwords anymore...

ade's picture

The reason is mentioned in (1) my comment, (2) the changelog and (3) the description. But for some reason all that seems to be ignored.

kuba77's picture

But Storeman autoupdate the app. Can't the app detect version of OS and according to use the old or new way to show passwords? It is great app and thank you for that, but this complicates the use of the app.

ade's picture

Yes, unfortunately Storeman still has the bug that it updates all. Next to that, I suggested the option to pin apps on a certain version in the Storeman comments.

It is possible to dectect OS versions, but within a week or so I expect an offical release of the new SailfishOS version and it should also work again for non-early adopters. Sorry for the issue it is causing at the moment.

Edit: should now work on all OS versions

ade's picture

Before any reports are posted here: does no longer work on 3.1.0.11

Edit:version 0.2-0 for 3.1.0.11 uploaded.

VanyCat's picture

Hi, how do I contact you, I want to suggest new icons for applications?

ferlanero's picture

Absolute great app! Thanks!

glv1092's picture

Sure, thanks

glv1092's picture

Thanks for the app. But it's not asking for access code after waking it up from background.

ade's picture

That's correct, it's just a simple code on startup. I could add some timer, but I suggest to close the app if you no longer need it.

Dude259's picture

Hi,

I seem to have forgotten my pincode.

Is there a file I can delete from my phone so I can reset the pincode?

I've tried reinstalling the app but that doesn't work.

ade's picture

just remove /home/nemo/.config/harbour-acid-pass/harbour-acid-pass.conf

Jordi's picture

Brilliant execution, I was waiting so long for this!

Many thanks to you!

pichlo's picture

Very good, thanks a lot!

It even exposed what I didn't know: my Jolla keeps track of ALL the WiFi networks I ever registered with. Hotels I stayed for a night last year, airports, cafés... even though I deleted those ("forget network") a long time ago. Any idea of how to get rid of those? ;)

Edit: by "getting rid of those" I do not mean hiding them, I mean really, truly deleting them. Wiping them from my phone's memory. To tell my phone to stop spying on me.

ade's picture

No, I did not know that. Does it still have the passwords even if they are forgotten?

Edit: just tested myself, it's password just gets empty. Maybe I should filter those out.

Edit2: uploaded a new version which does not show forgotten networks. Thanks for the feedback

pichlo's picture

No, the passwords are empty, only the SSIDs are shown.

I do not blame your app and I would rather it show things as they are and not lie ("filter") to me like Jolla does. I blame Jolla for not really deleting the entries when I asked it to. It makes me wonder where else does it lie to me and whether I can trust it at all.

Please do not follow in Jolla's footsteps and do not hide the truth.

ade's picture

I don't know if it is a ConnMan thing or Jolla related. But I fully agree, if I say I want to forget a network connection, it should be removed, not hidden.

If you want to remove any traces, I think you should remove the *_managed_none folders in /var/lib/connman/ or something.

Ancelad's picture