Amazfish

Donations: https://paypal.me/piggz

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip and Cor

***PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING TO 0.9.0***

Version 0.9.0 requires sailfish version 3.0.3.8 or above due to changes in the base sailfish image

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

Read this for info about which files to flash https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki/Amazfit-Bip-Firmware...

App has been tested using an amazfit bip, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching resource (.res).  Send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the resource.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from theire device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.8-1.armv7hl.rpm681.32 KB04/04/2019 - 20:58
File harbour-amazfish-0.8.9-1.armv7hl.rpm682.44 KB05/04/2019 - 01:11
File harbour-amazfish-0.9.0-1.armv7hl.rpm703.9 KB18/05/2019 - 00:30
File harbour-amazfish-0.9.1-1.armv7hl.rpm702.06 KB21/05/2019 - 22:37
File harbour-amazfish-0.9.2-1.armv7hl.rpm703.2 KB12/06/2019 - 23:28

0.9.2
Stop notification when call answered
Fix sending weather on interval
Add more languages for watch (only works if supported by FW)

0.9.1
Fixed crash for new users
Weather UI fixes
Whitelisted some more firmware
Translation updates
Bugfixes for daemon/ui split

0.9.0
***ONLY FOR SAILFISHOS >= 3.0.3***
Daemon/UI split
Reworked some pages to streamline them

0.8.9
Add buffer for 10 notifications when watch disconnected

0.8.8
Added deep sleep value to page
Save GPX files in data location not cache location
May install on SFOS 3.0.3 when available

0.8.7
New UI layout
Sleep statistics

0.8.5
Added step summary chart showing steps over previous 20 days from the selected day
Added auto-sync of activity data which occurs each hour

0.8.2
Fixed applying settings from the UI

0.8.1
Hopefully fixed crash introduced in 0.8.0

0.8.0
Major code restructure to better allow support for other devices (devs needed!)
Whitelist new Bip frmwares
Hopefully fixed GPS issue with new firmwares

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

piggz's picture

I should maybe point out that installing a new version currently doesnt restart the service, so, you should do it manually after an update for the update to take effect!

seiichiro0185's picture

@Mariusmssj: Yes, i simply stopped and started the service from the settings page, after that Weather started working on the watch.
@piggz: In my case there was no update involved. Its a new install of 0.9.2, since I just got the Bip last friday.

Mariusmssj's picture

Did you have to pair the phone again? For me after stoping and starting the service it would not connect back to the phone and I had to go through the paring process again.

seiichiro0185's picture

It didn't connect by itself, but using the "Connect to Watch" (don't know exact wording here in English, my Phone is in German) entry in the Pulley Menu was enough, I didn't have to do the pairing again. Maybe it would have reconnected by itself after some time, didn't try that.

Termitebug's picture

Can't install Amazfish to latest Hossa. Jolla is missing from 3.0.3.10 Sony-nile repository alienaudioservice package required by Amazfish .rpm

D_R's picture

I'll get always no data to transfer popup and no data in the charts.... I get only the actual value for steps. On the side with the 3 charts I get no data to transfer popup always...

zepher's picture

I am having a similar issue as D_R, the first time I connected it did update data but since that time additional days are shown mostly as blank (no data) and for one day the plots just look strange, heart rate is shown as a broad line. There are no reported errors on data transfer and phone <--> watch comms seem fine in the debug menu. I am on firmware 0.1.1.4.5

piggz's picture

The graphs work, its just not auto-downloading the data, you have to keep manually downloading until there is no data left

zepher's picture

Ah, I see. can get data now. it seems to only get heart rate for a couple of days in the last few weeks, perhaps I have set up something wrong with the heart rate recording interval. thanks for all your work on this app!

D_R's picture

I downgraded to firmware 1.1.5.12. Same behaviour : pairing and connecting is okay but the values are not shown in the charts. It seems that nothing is written or read from to the database...

BonoNL's picture

For the right apk:

This is the last APK with these three packages:

1. Mili_chaohu.fw
  2. Mili_chaohu.res (the Bip will tell you when needed)
  3. Mili_dth.gps (this rarely changes, check the table below, if you should update)

I just donated, keep up the good work Adam!

MartiMasa's picture

Hi, I think I have the same issue as D_R. The watch connects, notifications, battery status, pulse as well as step-counts are working fine. However, no data and no curves are shown in the app. When trying to receive the data from connected watch „No data to transfer” is displayed. My firmware is 1.1.2.05 but I'll try to update. How to fix the data transfer?

D_R's picture

Hallo Piggz,

thank you for that great app!!!
The connection problem is gone with the last update of Amazfish. But since the last Sailfish update I have no curves in the charts. How can I debug it or solve that problem?
My firmware is 1.1.5.16 on Amzfit Bip
and the kdb lib was installed by zypper...

Mariusmssj's picture

Hello piggz, just wanted to say you are doing a great work to provide us this app :) I plan to get an Amazfit Bip but I wanted to ask if it supports Calendar Alerts?

zepher's picture

Thanks so much 0.9.1 works for me too. I just had to remove the pairing and repair so that it would authenticate.

zepher's picture

Same here, I had set the location details before trying to connect.

piggz's picture

Please try 0.9.1

zepher's picture

I had the same journalctl output as jojonintendo. It's the first time I've paired.

piggz's picture

Its a little odd ... i just wiped config/unpaired my watch, and it doesnt crash! .. I'll keep digging though!

piggz's picture

Oh, i think I found it! I only wiped my device config, not the full config.  The next stage of the loading is the weather, so I guess it crashes as no location is set.  An easy fix!

jojonintendo's picture

Nice! I'll try the new version as it comes out and report back.

Edit: what I mean is that I've already tried to set the location before pairing, and also configuring everything else like the name, height, etc. But it still won't connect.

piggz's picture

Please try 0.9.1

jojonintendo's picture

Working perfectly fine now, thank you very much for your fast fix!

zepher's picture

Sorry, I won't be available for a few days but can run a debug command and post the output if that helps.

piggz's picture

can you get the output of:

systemctl --user start harbour-amazfish

systemctl --user status harbour-amazfish

(as root) journalctl | grep amazfish

jojonintendo's picture

Not to hijack, but I can give my output:
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - Starting amazfish daemon
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - BluezAdapter::BluezAdapter
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - amazfish-daemon: succesfully registered to dbus sessionBus
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - Registered notifications listener for device
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - DeviceFactory::createDevice: requested device of type: ""
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - DeviceFactory::createDevice: no suitable devices found, creating a Bip device as default
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - BluezAdapter::setAdapterPath: "/org/bluez/hci0"
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - DRIVERS:  ("org.kde.kdb.sqlite")
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - KDbConnection object created.
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - KDbConnection::connect() OK.
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - ("mi_band_activity", "sports_data")
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - VoiceCallsChanged
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish harbour-amazfishd[11789]: [D] unknown:0 - ActiveVoiceCallChanged
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 19 15:29:16 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
May 19 15:29:21 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
May 19 15:29:21 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 19 15:29:21 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 19 15:29:21 Sailfish systemd[3261]: harbour-amazfish.service: Failed with result 'start-limit'.

piggz's picture

Ah, Ok, its crashing for you....did you previously have a device paired with an older version, or is this your first time?

jojonintendo's picture

I had the same device paired, with same firmware as before. Pairing seems to work on bluetooth settings of the phone though, but Amazfish can't connect to it. I had to reset the phone due to other issues, but the watch is unchanged.

zepher's picture

Thanks for the update. I am also having difficulty getting the Amazfish service to start. I have paired with Sailfish BT setting successfully but the app doesn't seem to sync/download. It also doesn't show any debug info. I can properly see the BT connect icon on my watch. I have tried all steps suggested for connecting.
If I try pairing from Amazfish, it shows the BT ID but doesn't seem to complete despite there being a connection shown on the watch.
FW 0.1.1.45, Sailfish 3.0.3.9

jojonintendo's picture

After updating to Hossa, unfortunately I can't apply the provided fix. Zypper won't download libicu52, either from Jolla nor from harbour. Pkcon complains that it would need to downgrade many other packages to do so. I can't install libicu52 from you repo either.

Do you know if there is a workaround?

Thanks for your time.