Amazfish

Companion application for the Huami Amazfit Bip and Cor

Powered by KEXI

As of version 0.5.1, actiivity data is retrieved into an sqlite database.  Becuase I think it is important to allow individuals to be in control of their own data, and that they should have the ability to analyse it themsleves, I have chosen to store data in a KEXI compatible database.  This will allow you to copy the database from the phone, and open it up inside KEXI on Linux/Windows/Mac and perform queries and reports on it.  This added ability means i link to a couple of KDE libraries, which should be installed automatically.

Firmware Download - READ FIRST - I am not liable if you brick your watch ;)

App has been tested using an amazfit bip, downloading the latest (0.1.1.45) official firmware.

The firmware is split into multiple files on these devices.  With the official MiFit app, all are downloaded at once, and everything works fine.  With this app, you have to send each file individually.  The firmwares are available by extracting the MiFit apk, and looking in the assets/ folder for files named Mili_chaohu.*.  When you select a file, its type and version will be determined, and you will be prevented from sending invalid files.

The firmware (.fw) requires a matching resource (.res).  If you send the firmware first, the app will send a reboot command at the end of the transfer, and the watch will boot up into a mode where it needs the matching resource sent.  Just wait for the app to connect again, then send the resource.  It may work better to send the resource first, then the firmware.

The following types of file exist:

firmware, resource, a-gps data, fonts

Pairing Issues

Pairing works for myself, sometimes I have to try twice.  If pairing doesnt work at all, then try:

• keep the app open, and pair again in the BT settings page of sailfish
  • in the sailfish BT settings page, delete all entries and try again
  • turn off/on BT on the phone
  • factory reset the watch

Check if after all this, pairing works from the sailfish BT settings page.  It should pair and connect just fine from there.  f that doesnt work, my app wont either.

Not all features currently implemented

***May not work on all devices***

Uses Bluetooth Low Energy to communicate with the watch, this is known to be problematic on some devices.  it is known to work on the Xiaomi Mido.  Probably also works on the FP2.  Official devices unknown.

Implemented

• Pairingfrom
  • Notifications
  • Calls
  • Some settings
  • Retrieving activities
  • Heartrate Chart
  • Alarms
  • Watchface download
  • Firmware upload
  • Activity Sync

Todo

• More Settings
  • Weather
  • Support other devices (maybe eg MiBand2, as it is similar)

The Cor is also claimed to be working, but as i dont have that device, i cant test it.

Tip:
On your device, create a symlink in /home/nemo to /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-amazfish
This way, you can easilty copy the database off the phone using MTP.

Source: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish

Credits to:

• The rockpool devs, as i borrowed the call handling code handling code from them
  • The gadgetbridge devs, which gave me a lot of hints and inspiration from theire device code.
File harbour-amazfish-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm112.29 KB17/04/2018 - 23:12
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.0-1.armv7hl.rpm238.07 KB15/07/2018 - 12:13
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.1-1.armv7hl.rpm237.48 KB19/07/2018 - 16:51
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.3-1.armv7hl.rpm239.17 KB23/07/2018 - 23:19
File harbour-amazfish-0.7.5-1.armv7hl.rpm673.84 KB26/08/2018 - 11:02

0.7.5
Implemented sending weather
Fixed app displaying correct status when watch disconnects
Use correct icon for depecher
Fix layout of HR button

0.7.3
Updated translations
Fixed user profile settings page not opening

Comments

stevexley's picture

Thanks for the app and the ongoing improvements.  I've noticed lately that my Xperia X keeps putting the app to sleep so I don't get notifications.  Is there a simple way to prevent this?

rsw75's picture

Great app, thank you.
I've only just twigged that workouts recorded on my Bip when downloaded with Amazfish appear in Laufhelden ready for sync to Strava. An instance of the solution to a problem being easier on Sailfish than either Android or iOS.

piggz's picture

yes....i wronte strava support for Laufhelden, and didnt see a need to copy the code into Amazfish.

pjr's picture

Just updated my bip firmware(to 1.1.2.05) with Amazfish and it did work!

The sleep tracking would be nice feature.

Where can I buy some beer for this project?

piggz's picture

Also, thanks for being happy with it.  Sleep willl probably be in next+1, and, I rolled back from fw 1.1.2 because it seemed horribly broken, i couldnt use the on screen button when starting a ride for example.  Previous fw was fine.

piggz's picture

There is the `donate` button in settings ;)

elio88's picture

Hi! In some cases the bluetooth connection between the Cor and Xperia X goes down after few minutes with no possibities of a new connection and the only solution is to pair again the devices

piggz's picture

While i cant debug or suport issues with Cor as I dont have one, the next release, which probably wont have any new features, is a hugew refactoring to better enable more devices to be supported.  You just need a dev to step up and write that support.

R1v3r's picture

Propably few stupid questions. So I have been thinking to buy one Bip, but few concerns. So does all notification (e.g. whatsapp, messages, call) work in this watch?

And is there APP for the watch, that it can be used as normal swimcounter? :D (so is there any APPs possible to install?)

Notifications: yes

The bip does not support apps, you are limited to whats in the firmware.  Is it even waterproof for swimming? Ivbe got mine wet, but not sure on the rating.

R1v3r's picture

Hello. Do you have some forum to send questions/request if possible?

Your app seems to be fine, but is there possible to add watch to vibrate when connected and disconnected?

Easily to recognize if phone is out of reach :)

piggz's picture

the link is in the details ;)

btw ... already app sends message to watch on connect .... not sure how disconnect would work

R1v3r's picture

Thanks for fast answer, as always :)

you mean this github address?

And for disconnecting message seems working on android at least :)

R1v3r's picture

Ok. not sure. I saw somewhere, that it would be IP68 that showed like 30 minutes in 1,5 meters. But not sure, if this is for swimming though :D

Edit: Well. Ordered it. Will see, how it goes :)

es1445's picture

Very nice app but I am missing the sleep tracking funktion. Can you add this feature? This would be very nice.

piggz's picture

Yes, its a feature id like to add.....however, you could also work it out for yourself.  As you may or may not know, I store all the data in a .kexi database.  If you copy the database off the computer, and load it up in Kexi on a desktop machine, you may be able to work out how the sleep data is stored.  I basically store all the activity events off the watch, so working out sleep patterns is just a case of querying the correct data.

jojonintendo's picture

Can't get to install it on my Xperia X with latest 2.2.0 Sailfish X. Also, can we expect support for Amazfit equator someday? The hardware seems to be the same as Mi Band, functionality wise it is just like first Mi Band but with even less features (no LED).

piggz's picture

any errors?  what happens if you try and install from the command line?  My understanding is that is _does_ work on the X.  I think the app mostly supports the MiBand 2, but never had anyone test the original MiBand.  Without a device its hard to add support, but I will accept PRs for new devices on github, or device donations :)

jojonintendo's picture

Installing from command line I get approx this (translated): fatal error, nothing provides libKDb3.so.4. Thank you very much for your hard work and for answering this fast!

piggz's picture

how are you installing? if using storeman, this should be resolved automatically.  the only way i can see this failing is if you just downloaded the rpm.  look at my other packages and install all the kde ones if you are insatalling outside of a package manager.,

jojonintendo's picture

Silly me, I was just installing the rpm. Now the app works as it should. It seems to try to pair to the equator, but can't really achieve it. If I pair the device from the phone first, then it appears as connected in Amazfish but can't get any data. I could try to provide you with some logs if it could help development. The debug info of Amazfish doesn't really work with equator though.

Again, thank you for your time!

ar560's picture

Hi. Do you activated MiBand in MiFit app? I couldn't connect Amazfit to fresh buyed Band 2. After registration I could connect to Miband.

My setup: Intex Aqua Fish 2.2.0.29  MiBand 2 HW:V0.1.3.3 SW:V1.0.1.81

Now my problem. No steps count on main page and no heartrate on analysis page. Also alarms seems to not be working.

ar560's picture

Just found function "Lift wrist to view info" doesn't work with Amazfish. Previously I switch on this function in MiFit. And now it doesn't work :(

Where "Refresh button" go? :)

piggz's picture

refresh is now a pulley menu on the stats page

piggz's picture

If you run harbour-amazfish from the command line, it will generate a ton of output which would be useful to debugging the MiBand2.  Have you set a profile on on it?  Settings >  profile > save, see if that helps.

ar560's picture

looks like 12/24h setting inversed for band2. When I select 12h, clock show 0-24 range. 24h selected -> 0-12h range.

ar560's picture

Send links to logs in privat message.

> Settings >  profile > save

Where? In Mifit no such buttons. amazfish too

piggz's picture

I just uploaded a fixed version, opening the user profile page was broken.

Try opening the user profile page, and sending the profile to the band to see if that helps get data back.  If not, send me logs again.

ar560's picture

Yep, settings are saved now. Only steps count on main page absent.

mr_Upolo's picture

Does it work with mi Band 1s? Or it will not connects?