Laufhelden

4.9

Note:

You need to enable the repository of rinigus to install this app!

Laufhelden is a sport tracking application for Sailfish OS. Laufhelden is german, meaning run heros.

I made this app mainly because Meerun is not maintained anymore. Features are well behind Meerun but there are some little advantages.
Meerun is closed source meaning if the developer won't maintain any longer, the app will die. Laufhelden is opensource so that problem should be avoided.
I am working out a few month with the app and really enjoy it, hope you also will!

To import workouts you can place GPX files in the directory ~/Laufhelden/
GPX files exported from Meerun will be recognized and hopefully workout type as well as a few other things will be imported.

Current features are:
- recording workouts
- workout types: running, road bike, mountainbike, walking, inline skating, skiing
- view recorded tracks and show statistics
- save track as GPX file
- autosave every minute
- connecting to bluetooth heart rate device (supports Zephyr HxM BT and Polar Wearlink iWL, no BLE)
- show battery level of heart rate device
- use heart rate monitor from another application e.g. Amazfish
- voice coach witch cyclic updates and alarm thresholds
- default music player is paused and resumed when alarm threshold is triggered
- 4 display modes for record screen: AMOLED mode, LCD mode, silica mode, night mode
- automatic night mode
- upload workouts to sports-tracker.com
- upload workouts to strava
- pebble integration (needs Rockpool 1.4)
- lock page
- metric/imperial units

I hope there is a lot to come in the future. I am only one person so don't expect any of these too soon.
- better statistics with diagrams
- indoor workouts without GPS

Please go here for more details of planned features or bugfixing.

Here is the TMO thread.

This application orginates from a fork of Rena by Simoma: https://github.com/Simoma/rena
Workout icons are from here: https://de.icons8.com/ They are under this license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
Messagebox is from: Kimmo Lindholm, https://github.com/kimmoli/paint/blob/master/qml/components/Messagebox.qml

Credits go to:

• atlochowski for polish language
  • caballlero for spanish language
  • eson57 for swedish language
  • martonmiklos for hungarian language
  • d9h20f for dutch language
  • carmenfdezb for spanish-spain language
  • niemisenjussi for finnish language and sports-tracker.com implemantation
  • piggz for strava implementation

This software is open source GPLv3. Sourcecode: https://github.com/jdrescher2006/Laufhelden

Please report bugs/issues to here:

If you wish you may donate for this project (it might boost my motivation a little bit ;-)): https://www.paypal.me/JensDrescher

Enjoy!!!

File harbour-laufhelden-1.1.0-1.i486.rpm13.01 MB04/05/2018 - 22:17
File harbour-laufhelden-1.1.1-1.armv7hl.rpm13.04 MB13/07/2018 - 14:33
File harbour-laufhelden-1.1.1-1.i486.rpm13.07 MB13/07/2018 - 14:33
File harbour-laufhelden-1.1.2-1.armv7hl.rpm35.13 MB14/09/2018 - 09:45
File harbour-laufhelden-1.1.2-1.i486.rpm35.25 MB14/09/2018 - 09:45

0.9.0-1, 12.09.2017

• initial release to openrepos

0.9.1-2, 12.09.2017

• fixed a bug, app crashed if a workout type was choosen.

0.9.2-3, 22.09.2017

• added a settings menu page for better overview
  • replaced "let's go" button with forward navigation
  • grids on record page can be made invisible
  • pace is no longer decimal, now it's mm:ss
  • added polish language (thanks to atlochowski)
  • added spanish language (thanks to Caballlero)
  • added padding to texts on record page
  • autosave now includes the heartrate
  • fixed bugs

0.9.3-4, 26.09.2017

• Added a dialog to resume a broken workout
  • fixed localization problems

0.9.4-5, 16.10.2017

• added new feature autosave
  • new values for record page: altitude and average heartrate
  • value fields on record page are configurable now
  • small optimizations and bugfixes

0.9.5-6, 31.10.2017

• Startpage and PreRecordpage will also stay in portrait mode if selected in settings​​​​​​
  • new feature/setting: center current position on map or center track on map
  • new feature/setting: optimize screen mode for record page if map is viewed
  • new feature/setting: automatic night mode
  • if workout is not started and map is in full screen mode, scrolling left on map is now working properly
  • resolved some unlocalized texts

0.9.6-7, 16.11.2017

• fixed many bugs in pause function​​​​​​
  • new value for record page: pause duration
  • added map icons (start, stop, pause)
  • added skiing as new workout type
  • workouts can be uploaded to sports-tracker.com (thanks to @niemisenjussi)
  • added finnish translation (thanks to @niemisenjussi)
  • some bugfixes

0.9.7-8, 19.12.2017

• added new feature/settings: Pebble smartwatch support
  • added new feature: edit workout name/description/type
  • fixed a bug: mediaplayer pause/resume was not working
  • optimizations for sports-tracker.com (thanks to @niemisenjussi)

0.9.8-9, 05.01.2018

• new map plugin MapBox
    • allows offline maps via OSM Scout Server
    • double tap to zoom in on tap position
    • vertical lines bug should be fixed
    • different map styles in online mode
    • open-gl acceleration
    • linear map zoom
  • added new feature/settings: imperial units
  • complete rework of app cover, values can now be selected
  • added lock screen dialog with 3 values (same values as on app cover)
  • added voice output for events (pause/resume, start/stop, positioning online/offline)
  • automatic night mode is now enabled in darker conditions
  • added support for uploading to Strava (thanks to @piggz)
  • fixed a few bugs

0.9.9-1, 15.01.2018

• new setting for Jolla 1: switch off map to avoid app crash
  • added hungarian translation (thanks to @martonmiklos)
  • multiple bug fixing and small enhancements:
    • fix app freezing/crashing after long workout
    • fix app freezing/crashing after loading autosave
    • fix record page didn't change map style
    • increase wait time for night mode
    • change color of buttons on record page
    • imperial units for threshold settings page
    • other fixes

0.9.9-2, 16.01.2018

• fixed finnish language translation
  • updated swedish language translation

1.0.0-1, 06.02.2018

• new workout type: hiking
  • app startup is now much faster
  • added dutch translation (thanks to @d9h20f)
  • updated translations german, swedish and polish
  • many improvements for strava by @piggz:
    • browser for activities with map view
    • comment view
    • kudos view
    • segment/achievement view
    • fixed bug in upload page
    • tidied up the implementation of API calls

1.1.0-1, 04.05.2018

• many improvements for Strava by @piggz
    • fixed Strava upload and error handling
    • added a 'Segment' view, showing just the segment, and current/best times
    • fixed the upload description
    • made the display of times better/consistent
  • many improvements for Sports Tracker by @niemisenjussi
    • added upload option to workout list on main page
    • workout name is used for Sport Tracker upload
    • file format improvements / other improvements
  • added regular announcements for voice coach
  • added more settings options for voice coach
  • restructuring of settings menu
  • updated translations
  • added Spanish(Spain) language by @carmenfdezb
  • added Belgian language by @d9h20f
  • alarm thresholds are triggered less nervously

1.1.1-1, 13.07.2018

• layout changes for main page, workout list can now be filtered
  • use heart rate monitor from another application e.g. Amazfish by @piggz
  • hide pace in the detailed view if the workout is biking by @martonmiklos
  • hide unnecessary fields in detailed view by @martonmiklos
  • fixed multiple bugs for voice coach
  • translation updates
  • other bugfixes

1.1.2-1, 14.09.2018

• view current week workouts and distance on main page
  • fixed a bug when uploading workouts to sports tracker by @niemisenjussi
  • added russian translation and also voice coach files by @dikonov
  • translation updates

Comments

cartron's picture

Hi Jens, and thanks for this nice app! I just installed and am playing with it - Strava sync works fine.

I couldn't make my Polar HR sensor to work, and then realised it's BT LE - which apparetnly is not supported - any plan to add support for it?

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Nico

dfstorm's picture

Well I wanted to give it a try and I don't regret it. It work with my Strava account; do not crash in a run; and as speaked announcements. The man I am would like a "female voice" for announcement but eh that's not that important ;) good work and thank you.

Edit: glx files are just saved in the home folder. Didn't saw it when I first checked. My bad :)

pdelfes's picture

This name sounds stupid and weird, maybe cause i'm not german, but...

breiti_oi's picture

@pdelfes, Ever tought about simply buying an android or ios device? for me it seems that -with your own words- „SailFailOS” does not please your needs. So why are you tormenting yourself and others with your comments?

ABreen's picture

I have Laufhelden running nicely in my Xperia X. I have a Sportstracker account and have that set up on Laufhelden. The test login works but I cannot see my uploads on Sportstracker.

Any ideas? Thank you and thank you for a wonderful app.

jdrescher's picture

Thanks for reporting, I will have a look.

Termitebug's picture

Hi, I have switched to this app from Meerun and it's superb :) Thanks a lot!

HackTheFish's picture

Woah, what a Upgrade! Thanks a lot!

ABreen's picture

Yes, Mapbox installed successfully as far as I can tell. I haven't tried using terminal. That wasn't something I had expected I'd need to do.

ABreen's picture

I've downloaded the mapbox component. Laufhelden shows installing but never finishes installing on my Sony Xperia X running Sailfish X

jdrescher's picture

Mapbox GL native bindings was installed successfully?

Have you tried pkcon refresh in the terminal?

sf_user's picture

Trying to upgrade from 0.9.7-8 to 0.9.9-2 on XperiaX using Warehouse, getting Error Status: dep-resolution-failed Extra details: nothing provides mapboxgl-qml needed by harbour-laufhelden-0.9.8.9.armv7hl

Current version works fine! Upgrade fails. So is there something to do to get it work?

jdrescher's picture

You need to enable the repository of rinigus to get the mapbox-qml component.

sf_user's picture

Tried but didn't manage. Sorry, I'm a user not a developer. Thanks anyway. So I have to keep using the old version.

jdrescher's picture

Sorry, my answer wasn't very precise. You don't need to be a developer don't give up yet.

Just search for the app "Mapbox GL Native bindings for Qt QML" in Warehouse and install it. Then install or upgrade to the new version of Laufhelden.

Maximilian1st's picture

Something somewhere must be wrong with the dependencies or refreshing of repositories in storeman because the app only installed for me too after a command line pkcon refresh and install the rpm from the command line too. No dev here, just guessing.

akikk88's picture

Thanks :)

akikk88's picture

Finnish support disappear new update :/

jdrescher's picture

Thanks for the report, I will check this.

DarkTuring's picture

OSM scout server is not being called properly no map tiles are shown even with correctlt offline downloaded maps in the relevant area with the relevant language.

jdrescher's picture

There is a bug in record page. The map plugin does not change the style URL. So it would not load tiles from OSM Scout Server. This only works on workout details page.

Really sorry for all the bugs. I should do more tests before release...

rinigus's picture

To work with Mapbox GL based map viewers, OSM Scout Server has to provide vector maps. Which profile do you use in OSM Scout Server? Note that the Default profile does not include vector tiles. You would have to select "Recommended for vector and raster maps" if you wish to use the server with different types of clients. After changing the profile, please download the missing maps in the manager.

[This is assuming that you use OSM Scout Server default settings]

Also, to be sure that its an issue with the maps, please add OSM Scout Server logs. They should show whether the server was called by Laufhelden. On my device, Laufhelden calls the server correctly and shows the maps. So, its surely possible...

DarkTuring's picture

Much improved and sped up GPS aquisition and handling. App worked great but while running my battery died, on app restart and exercise resume it freezes and crashes, resume exercise has not bee successfup. Otherwise new metric and imperial unit option is fantastic!

jdrescher's picture

Thanks for your report. There is a bug in the current release (0.9.8-9). Until the bugfix is released it makes sense to use the previous version. Especially for big workouts. For further details see here: https://github.com/jdrescher2006/Laufhelden/issues/45

HackTheFish's picture

Hallo Jens, vielen Dank für diese großartige App! Wird es in Zukunft eine Zeit- und Distanzansage geben? Diese vermisse ich ein wenig. VG

jdrescher's picture

Hi, let's stick to english so that the others have a chance to understand, shall we?

Yeah this is one thing I would also really like to have.

But I need to record awfully lot's of audio files for that. I have also to figure out how to play that files in the right sequence accordingly.

The next release is about imperial units and MapBox support. Maybe after that.

silta's picture

Thanks a lot for edit mode!

jdrescher's picture

No problem you are welcome.

moli's picture

I am eager to get this application running, but I get into problems with installing qt5-qtconnectivity-qtbluetooth. I have had this problem while installing other applications. It must be something specific for me and my SFOS on my Jolla, since other users seem to have this application istall and usable. Is there some clue to get the Qt5 Bluetooth library installed?

moli's picture

Sorry for the noise: I dug into pkcon, and saw that it could "search name" the 5.2.0 version of qt5-qtconnectivity-qtbluetooth. I tried to install, but pkcon reported that the package was not found "on the medium". I tried a "pkcon refresh" and another search, now showing the package in version 5.6.0, which could then install. It beats me that users have to "pkcon refresh" manually to get up to speed. Is there no automation for this in Sailfish or with the Warehouse application for OpenRepos?