Patch: Calendar events on lockscreen

This is a patch for the lockscreen to show the upcoming events.on The view is fully configurable using the settings. Version 0.4 only works with sailfish 1.1.9.18 Usage: Install and then apply patch through patch manager. Note: Landscape orientation needs fixing. 0.4-1 has a bug which scroll all events to the end, this is fixed in 0.4-2. Source: https://github.com/anigaj/lockCalPatch

lockscreen-upcoming-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm5.26 KB06/07/2015 - 08:31
lockscreen-upcoming-0.2-1.armv7hl.rpm11.25 KB03/08/2015 - 15:18
lockscreen-upcoming-0.3-1.armv7hl.rpm12.21 KB04/09/2015 - 15:17
lockscreen-upcoming-0.4-1.armv7hl.rpm12.72 KB22/09/2015 - 02:02
lockscreen-upcoming-0.4-2.armv7hl.rpm12.75 KB23/09/2015 - 04:10
lockscreen-upcoming-0.5-1.noarch.rpm12.87 KB29/10/2015 - 05:00
lockscreen-upcoming-0.6-1.noarch.rpm14.03 KB12/04/2017 - 19:49

0.6
- Implemented setting to change position
- Additional required files are now installed rather than patched
0.5
- Stop animations on lockscreen exit (Thanks Ajalkane for the code contributed)
- Built with noarch
0.4
- Compatible with sailfish version 1.1.9.28
- Added scrolling text for long event names
0.3
- Added message for no events, option to show is in settings
- Fixed bug where finished event would not be removed
- Duplicate events issue fully fixed
- Width is now fraction of screen width for use on non-jolla phones
- Updated uninstall scripts and added dependencies
- Resolve conflict with battery and status indicators on lockscreen patch
0.2
- Added settings
- Fixed duplicate event issue
0.1
- First build.

Comments

silta's picture

Thank you very much!

silta's picture

Hi, in older Version I was able to change language by editing the unified_diff.patch. In Version 0.6 it is no more possible. Cold you tell me what file I have to edit to change language?

Thanks, silta.

anig's picture

I've changed it so that the additional files are installed rather than patched. You can edit them directly (as root). The files are called ShowCalEv.qml, LockTLabel.qml, LockEItem.qml. They can be found in /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/

I plan to work on translation support soon.

objectifnul's picture

Wishlist : make widget position adjustable.

Jordi's picture

This patch fail to install with the last Sailfish version, any idea?

anig's picture

Just tried it and it seems to be ok. It conflicts with my lockscreen widget manager and so won't install if you have that installed.

objectifnul's picture

Privacy-paranoid users should be aware that this patch displays next calendar entries even if the device is locked.

Schturman's picture

Hi

Thanks for patch!

This patch is not compatible with Lockscreen analog clock patch. Can you add support for this ?

Thanks

anig's picture

I am working on a lockscreen widget manager which should hopefully resolve these kind of issues.

Schturman's picture

Thanks, waiting for a new version :)

Quasar's picture

Thank you for 2.0 support!

Little bug(?): if there are a lot of upcoming events, only the latest events are shown (not the nearest), because it scrolls automatically to the latest. Could you fix it, please?

anig's picture

It was a bug introduced as part of the event name scroll. It could be turned into a feature though.

ajalkane's picture

Any plans to bring this excellent patch to Sailfish 2.0? Even though Sailfish 2.0 now has calendar entries in events view, it's inadequate as it doesn't show any future events (only next 2 for current day). Furthermore it's very convenient to see upcoming calendar entries right away on lockscreen.

anig's picture

Yes, just installed 2.0 so will update the patch soon

ajalkane's picture

Awesome, thank you!

MoritzJT's picture

Hey there, on the openrepos warehouse client I did not see the line telling me to remove the battery and status indicator patch prior to disabling yours. Now I am stuck with a phone I can't use. I still can SSH into it but I cannot do anything. How do I reapply your patch to get out of this mess? I did not remove the mentioned patch before but disabled yours and restarted the services.

Do I need to start from scratch?

MoritzJT's picture
anig's picture

That should get the phone running again. Once you are back in I would advise doing the following:
1) Unapply all lockscreen related patches in Patchmanager but do not restart preloaded services.
2) In /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen if it exists copy Lockscreen.qml.webosinternals.org to Lockscreen.qml. Check Lockscreen.qml doesn't have the lines from the patch (link in your comment)
3) In /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/ remove ShowCalEvents.qml, BorderRectangle.qml, LockEventItem.qml and LockTimeLabel.qml if they are there.
4) Remove any file ending in .webosinternals.orig
5) Restart the phone.

Everything should now work.

Quasar's picture

Thanks for the patch! Could add, please, ability to break long titles on multiple lines?

objectifnul's picture

Perhaps there is a compatibility issue with some other patches, difficult to analyze. Anyway, after activation failed, I couldn't reinstall or uninstall this patch (same issue reported by @Sanktus). The patch still remained in the patchmanager list (activation impossible). Then I removed it completely (deleted manually all files assumed to be related with lockscreen-upcoming, including "rpm -e --noscripts lockscreen-upcoming"). After that, the patch eventually disappeared from the list of available patchamanager options, but I'm still unable to reinstall/activate it successfully (current version or previous one). Of course, I can't confirm I've actually deleted absolutely everything that was supposed to be removed or cleared before a clean installation.

Running SFOS 1.1.6.27, nine other patches applied (Calendar patch, upcoming events in cover, zoom patch, battery statusbar on lockscreen, eventsview controls with settings, launcher combined, lockscreen player controls, meecast widget, display sneak peak).

anig's picture

The patch modifies Lockscreen.qml and adds the following files: ShowCalEvents.qml, BorderRectangle.qml, LockEventItem.qml and LockTimeLabel.qml. Coderus posted this suggestion on TMO for someone who had a similar issuue:
use this command to remove
patch -R -p 1 -d / -i /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/patches//unified_diff.patch

and skip already unapplied entries. Then you can reapply this patch as usual.

objectifnul's picture

Probably

patch -R -p 1 -d / -i /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/patches/lockscreen-upcoming/unified_diff.patch

instead of

patch -R -p 1 -d / -i /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/patches//unified_diff.patch

Right?

anig's picture

cocovina's picture

I had the same problem. I ran the command above, and now I see only a blank lock-screen with the wallpaper (of course rebooted). Can not go to launcher - nothing! Any idea?

ronny_b's picture

Hello,

where from the file "/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/BorderRectangle.qml" comes? This should be changed by the patch.

With me this file does not exist.

Thanks Ronny.

anig's picture

It is a new file that is created when the patch is applied.

ronny_b's picture

Ok.

When I select "Apply patch" patchmanager shows the following error "Failed to install patch". How can I more exactly localize this?

Thanks!

Ronny

anig's picture

The only file it is modifying is usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/Lockscreen.qml
Have you manually changed anything in it?

ronny_b's picture

This file is from 2015/07/03 with a length of 13385 bytes.

anig's picture

General advice from TMO when you have patch issues:

unapply all applied patches which can be unapplied
go to terminal and write following:

devel-su
pkcon remove ausmt
cd /var/lib
rm -rf patchmanager
pkcon install lipstick-jolla-home-qt5

Then you need to install patchmanager and all patches again from warehouse. It should work.