ZuTun.txt

I uploaded 1.7.2-2 because previous version didn't save (without any error message...) to file on 3.0.3.9 anymore.

Mange tasklists in todo.txt format.

Todo.txt uses simple text files for managing tasklists: http://todotxt.com/

Source: https://github.com/fuchsmich/zutun.txt

File harbour-zutun-1.6-1.noarch.rpm47.42 KB07/11/2018 - 20:05
File harbour-zutun-1.7-1.noarch.rpm50.43 KB19/03/2019 - 17:53
File harbour-zutun-1.7.1-1.noarch.rpm50.87 KB01/04/2019 - 17:29
File harbour-zutun-1.7.2-1.noarch.rpm50.88 KB02/04/2019 - 16:33
File harbour-zutun-1.7.2-2.noarch.rpm50.71 KB13/05/2019 - 12:40

- updated langs: es

Comments

vbelloir's picture

Hi fooxl,

I must be dumb, but I can find how to add a new project.

When I can on the project filter view, the only think I can't see in the pulldown menu is the possibilité to clear project filters. There is no bottom menu.

When I create a task, I can click en the + button, to add a project to the new task, but nothing to create I new project.

Do I miss something?

Vincent

fooxl's picture

Just enter a new task containing the name of the new project:

"+newproject first thing to do"

The idea of todo.txt is to have your tasks saved in a strictly formated text file. Maybe take a quick look at http://todotxt.org/ to get an idea the concept.

vbelloir's picture

ok, it just works. Thanks!

flywheel's picture

Personally - Now that Sailsync Owncloud has arrived I'm using that one to sync most things (TodoTxt, Notes, Keepass db and Pictures) to the NextCloud.

Earlier I used ShellEx and rsync to sync to my server and from there via an NFS-share to my other units.

breiti_oi's picture

The list doesn't get saved on Xperia/2.1.4.14, so all todo's are gone when closing the the app. Should it be this way or is it a bug?

fooxl's picture

No, this is not the expected behaviour. :)

I guess the problem is, that the file loaction is not writeable. My app doesn't display error messages on file handling. Sorry for this.

The default location is ~/Documents/todo.txt

Could you check if the directory exists and is writeable?

breiti_oi's picture

The folder Documents exist and is writeable for user nemo. I just created the todo.txt, now it works.

fooxl's picture

Ok, thanks for the report.

I will improve the code handling the file.

carmenfdezb's picture

Thank you fo the update!! Translations files are missing in this version, could you add them in the next version?

fooxl's picture

Thanks for the hint and of course also for the translation itself!

Strange they are missing, will fix it ASAP.

carmenfdezb's picture

Nice!! Thank you!

borghal's picture

Great app! It seems to be the only Sailfish todo app able to sync, which is important to me. There's one thing I'm missing, though, and that would be due dates and reminders. Is there a chance of you adding this? There's already an issue for this on github, I noticed. I'd be able to ditch Android OpenTasks and go native Sailfish if this was implemented ☺

gaunab's picture

How do you manage syncing of your todo.txt?

Not OP.

I'm using syncthing, but I guess you can use any filesyncing software (e.g. dropbox).

fooxl's picture

due-Dates and reminders are there now.

I ddn't test it a lot, so feedback would be welcome

fooxl's picture

Thanks for your comment. :)

I want to implement this, but I didn't have much time lately.

kuba77's picture

Great app! But I have 2 suggestions:

1) Wouldn't be more Sailfish way on Filter pages instead of button "Clear Project/Context Filter" use Pulldown menu for it?

2) It would be nice to have filter to hide one or more projects/contexts. For example, you have projects with name a, b, c, d, e and you want to hide "c" project so you have on tasklist tasks with projects a, b, d, e and without project tag. I hope it is understable :-)

fooxl's picture

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I guess you are right. Will try do inlcude this in the next release.

Hm, there are several ways to achieve this.
- place a button/switch which defines, if you see the filtered results (c) or the rest (a, b, d, e)
- place a button, which lets you invert your selection. (select c and then press invert, so a, b, d, e gets selected and c unselected).

What do you think?

clovis's picture

I can help regarding french if needed :)

fooxl's picture

It's time to start translations. ;)

You can download the .ts file from github and send it back to me or fork the project and make a pull request or join the project on transifex:

fooxl's picture

Would be great. But I still don't know what the workflow should look like...

stupidus's picture

Thanks for the app, it's a great idea.

Is it intentional that projects and contexts are shown in capital letters? For example, if I have a context @work and I create a new entry it will add it as @WORK which will be seen as two different things by other programs.

fooxl's picture

I wasn't aware of this and honestly I don't know how I came up with this idea. :)

Will have to fix this in future releases. But as I'm trying to implement sorting and filtering in a new way I don't know, when I have time to correct it.

cuh7b5's picture

Sorting would be awesome! Please do that! :)

fooxl's picture

Sorting is available now.

fooxl's picture

Which criterias for sorting would you suggest? Now the tasks are sorted by there corresponding textlines in the file. The criterias are:  done, doneDate, priority, creationDate, subject

cuh7b5's picture

Great app, thanks!

Just an idea: the list could be more compact IMO. A whole empty line between all tasks is a bit of a waste. Especially with one-line short tasks like a shopping list, etc. In this case the separating empty lines contain only a red/green flag. What is the purpose of this flag? Completed tasks already show up with the checkbox set and with strikethrough letters.

fooxl's picture

The list ist more compact in this release.

cuh7b5's picture

Wow, the new view is awesome! Thanks a lot!!!

cuh7b5's picture

Me again. :) I noticed some things in the newest release:

1. If I use a project filter then the list contain random, large spacings between certain rows. I cannot upload picures here but I can send you a screenshot if you want.

2. I cannot choose multiple project filters only one. I believe it was possibe before.

3. I created a brand new txt file, added some entries with a project mark with the + sign. When trying to add another entry with the same mark, the app does not offer the previously set project name. Maybe my fault.

I would very much appreciate if you could investigate these issues.