Jupii

UPnP/DLNA client for Sailfish OS

Following features are implemented:

- Discovery of UPnP/DLNA devices in a local network
- Remote control (Play, Pause, Next, Prev, Seek, Volume up/down)
- Playing local content (Music, Video, Images) on Media Renderer devices
- Playing gPodder's podcasts
- Playing remote content (e.g. internet radio, SomaFM channels, Icecast streams, FOSDEM videos)
- Playing items from Media Servers on Media Renderer devices
- Streaming of local Microphone to Media Renderer devices
- Streaming of audio playback of any local application (similar functionality to pulseaudio-dlna server)
- Screen casting (beta feature)
- Recording of tracks in Icecast streams
- Play queue (play once/repeat options)
- Playlists (saving/opening)
- Sharing content to other devices via UPnP Media Server

This is "work in progress" project in beta stage, so likely contains a number of bugs.

Any comments, issue reports are highly appreciated.

Translations:
All translations are very welcome. There are three ways to contribute:
- [preferred] Transifex project: https://www.transifex.com/mkiol/jupii/
- Direct github pull request: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/tree/master/sailfish/translations
- Translation file sent to me via e-mail: jupii@mkiol.net

Source code: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii
Bugs, Feature requests: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/issues or just email: jupii@mkiol.net

Keywords:

- FOSDEM videos browser
- URL resolution with Youtube-dl
- Bandcamp music browser
- Stream recorder enhancement
- Option to set the quality of Screen capture
- Audio capture improvement

For more details see the About->Changes page in the app.

Comments

mkiol's picture

Thank you for your tests.

> a bit annoying that it doesn't mute phone speakers

Actually it should be working as you expect it to. When Jupii starts audio capturing, app on the phone should be muted. I've tested it on XperiaX and JollaC. Maybe it is something device-depended? Please check it with only one app opened because sometimes it is a little bit unpredictable from which app audio is captured. I will improve it in the next release.

> if volume level on the phone is set to 0%, it will mute the streaming as well, though otherwise volume level doesn't seem to effect the streaming volume.

Yes, I'm aware of it. Maybe I will be able to find a solution.

velox's picture

You can't imagine how much I love the the new streaming feature. That was one of few reasons I 've kept a rooted android on an old nexus 7 tablet. Thank you so much for this!

Sadly, I can reproduce the behaviour described above. I'm about to add an issue with more info, because I think it's the appropriate place to do that.

cheers!

mkiol's picture

Thank you for letting me know. In the recent update (version 2.1.1) issue should be fixed.

mkiol's picture

It is on my TO-DO list. I promise I'll try to work on it but cannot guarantee any timeline.

carlosgonz's picture

wow! beautiful layout & desing v1.9.4. please take my money jupii : )

mkiol's picture

Thanks for the kind words and for your contibution to Spanish translation!

carlosgonz's picture

my pleasure.

objectifnul's picture

Looks promising, congratulations. Still in active development? (volume control, support of .pls playlists, etc.)

Kabouik's picture

Any plans to add the possibility to stream content on the phone from another device, like a computer running pulseaudio-dlna? The phone could then become a great receiver for headphones (larger music database, movies with properly set audio sync on the player, etc.).

I'll try Donnie too, see if it is compatible with pulseaudio-dlna.

mkiol's picture

The scenario you've described is not supported - sorry :-(. Jupii only plays local content on the remote UPnP devices like Smart speaker or TV - not the opposite way.

Actually, I'm investigating pulseaudio-dlna project right but for different use case i.e. not for receiving stream but for sending pa-dlna stream directly from Sailfish device to other UPnP media renderer.

247's picture

The app stopped working again, maybe the terminal output is useful?

mkiol's picture

Yes, yes and yes. Logs from terminal output would be extremely useful to identify the cause of the issue.  Can you please gather logs and send to Jupii's support email address => jupii[at]mkiol.net

247's picture

Ok, i will try to, sorry for the late answer...

247's picture

Tried the app again, and to my surprise it worked like a charm, the only problem is that with most of the videos the 360 tells me format is not supported (while mp4 should be) is this something that can be solved or is just an error xbox side?

247's picture

Ms should have changed something as neither last update is able to find my xbox 360...thanks anyway...

247's picture

Already tried with no luck...will try with this mornig jupii udate... :)

247's picture

Unfortunately i cannot send you any log...jupii does not find my 360 anymore...3 days ago my xbox received an update...maybe is due to that?

Sorry, I have no exerience with xbox.. :/

For device discovery Jupii uses standard UPnP procedure based on SSDP protocol. Maybe support for UPnP was disabled with the latest xbox update? Please try to enable "All devices visibled" and search once again.

247's picture

Will try...thanks...

247's picture

Tried it with my xbox 360 but it's not working...when sending a photo (i know it's experimental right now) it open the photo app and just show a black screen, if i send a song, the song is correctly shown on the 360 player but it's loading forever...maybe this area should be improved?or is just i have a poor connection? :)

mkiol's picture

Can you gather the log and send me (jupii[at]mkiol.net)? It would definitely help me in the troubleshooting.

The easiest way to do it is to run Jupii from a terminal like this:

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-jupii &> log.txt
TamarindoJuice's picture

ready for translations?

mkiol's picture

No yet. I have at least two additional features to implement and then I'm ready to enable translations. Thank you for being patient!

Matteo's picture

hi mkiol, i have to sell a dongle hdmi dlna for my tv and i would know which devices work with your app. Thanks a lot. Matteo

mkiol's picture

Hello Matteo. Unfortunately, I have no experience with HDMI dongles, so I can't recommend anything - sorry. In general, Jupii uses DLNA, so everything that supports DLNA should be ok in the most cases.

cvp's picture

Nice App!! Are you planning to add the features like 1) repeat list/song 2) select all files and adding to the list 3) Remove existing songs from the list? :)

1, 2 -> yes
3 -> there is such option right now. Try to click and hold on item in the playlist

subeditor's picture

NIce, but the app does not parse SD-card where all my music is stored. "Music" section dislpays only tracks that are stored in phone memory.

mkiol's picture

Actually you should be able to select files from SD-card as well. Juppi uses standard SFOS components to select Music. This component displays every music track that was indexed including files on SD-card. If you don't see those files, probably there is a problem with Tracker database.

Maybe "SFOS Settings->Utilities->Tracker database->Clear" could fix it?

subeditor's picture

Oh, yeah, I see now. I have a plugin that exlude SD-card from the tracker (cause otherwise all album arts are included in the gallery).

Then it would br nice to add options to add folder/multiple files via File section of your app.