Sailbook

Sailbook is an unofficial Facebook client for Sailfish OS.

Features:
  • Browse your timeline
  • Send messages
  • See upcoming events
  • Sailfish OS style
  • Themes: Sailfish Ambience, Facebook & Nightmode
  • Native notifications
  • Highly customizable: UI, notifications, theme, ...
  • Open source & free

- [MINOR BUGFIX] Fixed Search page
- [MINOR BUGFIX] Fixed translation link into translation page
- [MINOR BUGFIX] Removed broke telegram group link into about page
- [NEW] Facebook refresh possible to show into the Pulldown menu or not to show

v11.0-release 3
- [FIX/UPDATE] Dutch translation thanks to pljmn
- [ADD] Add Dutch (Nederlands)

v11.0-release 2
- [UPDATE] Update Dutch translation thanks to pljmn

v11.0-release 1
- [BUGFIX] Bugfix some small bug into the Sailbook layout

v11.0-0
- [FIX] Fix broke Facebook layout into Sailbook

Comments

skyjumper's picture

Small issue, I downloaded the most recent version - harbour-sailbook-11.0-7.armv7hl.rpm and can see the updates in the app, but Sailbook reports only v11.0-5. I removed the app and reinstalled it, same issue.

Thanks

Elfigo's picture

Thanks for your workaround. It works now realy fine. I think better than before :)
Many thanks

minitreintje's picture

You're welcome!

treeman's picture

Hi minitreintje
did you recognize already, that the timeline isnt'l loading anymore? I suppose it's an issue on the fb-side?

minitreintje's picture

I didn't... Yeah I have that too.
Seems to be related to FB, most of the time they fix such thing in the next couple of days.
If they implemented something new to load the timeline (JavaScript stuff most of the time), the web engine might not support it (and won't load it of course)

minitreintje's picture

Found a workaround, will be deployed this week to Openrepos!

TheJullus's picture

Is it possible to load pictures in high quality on the front page? Even after opening the picture, I can't press "Show full sized picture"-text (translated from Finnish)

minitreintje's picture

This feature is broken due to FB changes. An upgrade of the web engine would be useful to fix this. All the JavaScript that they are using nowadays...

skyjumper's picture

Now I receive a new message notification when I *send* a message to a friend.

Also, when starting Sailbook, I might not receive a new message notification for a minute or so after opening.

I'm running latest SFOS 3.1.0.11 on a J1.

Alex's picture

@minitreintje Very often the touch input is not recognized/accepted, could you please fix this major issue?
I am using an Xperia XA2.

Another major issue us the missing caching, everytime I loose the network coverage Sailbook dismisses my loaded content and shows a placeholder page.

minitreintje's picture

Input issues? I'm not sure what you mean? I don't have them on my X.

The network coverage thing is a bit annoying, I know. It's a known issue.
However, I was waiting for Qt 5.9 first, but it will not come this year so maybe I find some time to handle this issue.

minitreintje's picture

The update is already on it's way for approval :)

glanternier's picture

It would be great if you updated the app on the Jolla Store

kuba77's picture

The bug with show unread message which I sent, is on the Facebook side?

Rudi_Timmermans's picture

Hi,

Yes this is a facebook bug not Sailbook.

minitreintje's picture

Rudi stopped completely witg Sailfish OS. I took over the development a while ago, but I also took over the repo now

marxistavegana's picture

Why the new repo? Asking for a friend

Historyscholar's picture