UI Themer

UI Themer lets customize icons, fonts and pixel density in Sailfish OS.

Read before installing

• For Sailfish OS 2.1.4 and above.
  • It requires Theme pack support to be installed.
  • Refresh the homescreen to apply settings.
  • Remember to restore default icons and fonts before performing a system upgrade.
  • For Sailfish X users: changing device pixel ratio needs testing.
  • The option 'Download themes' requires Storeman to be installed.
  • Easy mode GUI enabled by default. If you want more control, disable it via the Options page.

UI Themer

Features

• Icon theming.
  • Icon overlay.
  • Font theming.
  • Sound theming.
  • Change device pixel ratio.
  • Change DPI for Alien Dalvik.
  • Change icon size.
  • Recovery tools.

Create custom theme packs

Documentation on how to create theme packs available here.

Languages supported:

Request a new language or contribute to existing languages on the Transifex project page.

Usage guide

A usage guide is available here.

Roadmap

Roadmap and features will be tracked on the Trello dashboard.

Credits

• Partially based on Icon pack support GUI
  • App icon by Free Vectors.
  • Keyboard navigation based on Piepmatz by Sebastian Wolf.
  • Thanks to Dax89 for helping with C++ and QML code, this app would not exist without him.
  • Thanks to Eugenio_g7 for helping with the One-click restore service.
  • Thanks to all the testers for being brave and patient.

If you like my work, please consider to donate via PayPal.

File sailfishos-uithemer-2.1.0-5.armv7hl.rpm162.27 KB09/01/2019 - 21:16
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-1.armv7hl.rpm233.77 KB20/04/2019 - 20:36
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-1.i486.rpm237.61 KB20/04/2019 - 20:36
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-2.armv7hl.rpm233.76 KB20/04/2019 - 20:43
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-2.i486.rpm237.58 KB20/04/2019 - 20:43
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-3.armv7hl.rpm238.88 KB14/12/2019 - 23:35
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-3.i486.rpm242.81 KB14/12/2019 - 23:35

* Sat Apr 20 2019 2.2.1 - Services now take in consideration overlay settings. - Minor fixes. - Updated translations.

* Tue Apr 9 2019 2.2.0-7
- Minor fixes.
- Updated translations.

* Mon Mar 11 2019 2.2.0-5
- Minor fixes.
- Updated translations.

* Sun Mar 10 2019 2.2.0-3
- Cover redesigned.
- Links updated.
- Updated translations.

* Thu Feb 28 2019 2.2.0-2
- Updated translations.

* Sun Feb 24 2019 2.2.0-1
- Redesigned theme applying.
- Added sound themes.
- New iconography.

* Thu Feb 21 2019 2.1.5-4
- Updated translations.

* Tue Feb 19 2019 2.1.5
- Initial support for Android DPI settings on XA2.
- Updated translations.

* Sat Feb 16 2019 2.1.4
- Cover redesigned.
- Preview theme on cover.

* Sun Feb 10 2019 2.1.3
- Backup/restore icons.
- Different UI modes.

* Mon Jan 14 2019 2.1.2
- Added active theme on cover.

* Fri Jan 11 2019 2.1.1
- Bump Theme pack support dependency.
- Added dconf default settings.
- Added easy mode.
- UI tweaks.

* Sat Jan 5 2019 2.1.0
- [EXPERIMENTAL] Service for running one-click restore before system upgrades.

Comments

lfc22's picture

Yeah, it works fine. The issue is only seen in UI Themer.
BTW, I've seen the exact same issue (white screen) in other apps, most recently "Theme Tool". The developer has graciously fixed the issue. You can look at the comments for that app if you're interested.

lfc22's picture

I do understand. However the app is not usable even with cli. Once invoked (either via cli or gui) all you see is a white screen, and nothing else. The last app version that was still usable was 2.1.0-5.

fravaccaro's picture

Have you tried by using themepacksupport from root?

lfc22's picture

Several reasons, but the primary one is I do not like the UI changes.
Does that mean you do not intend to provide a fix?

fravaccaro's picture

I'm sorry, but I hope you understand that it would be impossible to cover and test the app against a huge variety of updates, that's why I always focus on the latest release. You could still use the cli tho.

lfc22's picture

UI Themer has not worked for a while on SFOS < 3.0.
I'm on 2.2.1.18, and I see this during cmd line invocation :

---
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ /usr/bin/sailfishos-uithemer
[D] unknown:0 - 0
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] unknown:14 - file:///usr/share/sailfishos-uithemer/qml/sailfishos-uithem
er.qml:14:9: Type MainPage unavailable
MainPage {}
^
[W] unknown:194 - file:///usr/share/sailfishos-uithemer/qml/pages/MainPage.q
ml:194:33: Cannot assign to non-existent property "color"
icon.color: Theme.highlightColor
^
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$

Is it possible to fix?

fravaccaro's picture

why should you use any release before the current one ?

levone1's picture

I made a WebOS Prelude font pack with your guide, if anyone wants - https://mega.nz/#!co9T1IxZ!kUl8hfNnOQJWB6SKvaX8x4BerslhRJ6lFiFfzs5ZF5k I haven't yet gotten around to setting up the whole 'releasing' aspect, and not sure if I will, so anyone can feel free...

fravaccaro's picture

Lovely, I'm sorry I missed it! Is there any source available so I can go on from those?

nerip's picture

No unfortunatly, when i fiddle with dconf sizemultiplier or threshold to reduce the size of the the font, it tends to be smaller and since it is light it become harfer to read ; i suppose a bolder version will be easier to read.

fravaccaro's picture

I issued Source Sans Pro (the default Sailfish OS font is based upon it) which enables new font weights. https://openrepos.net/content/fravaccaro/source-sans-pro-font-pack

nerip's picture

Thanks

nerip's picture

Hi
Still some problems to unapply theme or fonts or sound. Always need to delete the app and theme...
BTW could you make the official jolla font a little bit bolder, it will be easier to read with smaller size font and pixel ratio. Thkx

fravaccaro's picture

Deleting the app does nothing different than triggering the restore theme. Remember that icon/font restore needs a homesceeen restart, while sound themes need a full device restart.

As for the default font, aren't the options under system settings > display enough?

rodirecezi's picture

Xperia X Compact 3.0.1.11

Cant change screen DPI, need help

mugshot's picture

After latest update, I reapplied my icon theme (Numix circle) and it created double overlays. Now I can't revert back to the stock icons.

fravaccaro's picture

hmmm sounds weird, I just tried and it works :/ doesn't "Restore theme" work?

On which version of themepacksupport were you?

mugshot's picture

Nope, tried restoring and reinstalling icons from the app. The Jolla calendar app didn't get restored, could this be because of the dyncal is installed?

fravaccaro's picture

Just to be sure, uninstall DynCal and reinstall it after you've restored your icons.

Unluckily, if you used UI Themer with themepacksupport 0.8.6-1, there was a bug in restoring icons, as I needed to rework the script a bit to enable the external backup feature; I pulled the faulty update back after a few minutes, but maybe the package hasn't been updated on your device. I apologise if you experienced such bug.

To restore native/Android icons, you can reinstall the apps (without uninstalling them first) or update them (when an update is available).

groeable's picture

How to change language?

fravaccaro's picture

The app follows the system language; if you are on a language not supported by the app, it defaults to English.

sdworks's picture

Same here

fravaccaro's picture

the last update solves the issue, I'm sorry :)

levone1's picture

2.0.2-3 white screen issue for me (Xperia XC). Should I roll back? -- rolled back to 202-1, and ok. Both newer versions give me white screen.

fravaccaro's picture

the last update solves the issue, I'm sorry :)

levone1's picture

That did it - thanks

cartron's picture

Tested changing pixel ratio on my Xperia X and it works perfectly! :)

akikk88's picture

Now work!

akikk88's picture

App still open white screen..