UI Themer

4.5

UI Themer lets customize icons, fonts and pixel density in Sailfish OS.

Read before installing

• For Sailfish OS 2.1 and above.
  • It requires Theme pack support to be installed.
  • Refresh the homescreen to apply settings.
  • Remember to restore default icons and fonts before performing a system upgrade.
  • For Sailfish X users: changing device pixel ratio needs testing.
  • The option 'Download themes' requires Storeman to be installed.
  • The overlay feature needs ImageMagick to be installed. You can install it via the first run wizard (you can start it from the Tools page pulley menu.

UI Themer

Features

• Icon theming.
  • Icon overlay.
  • Font theming.
  • Change device pixel ratio.
  • Change DPI for Alien Dalvik.
  • Change icon size.
  • Recovery tools.

Create custom theme packs

Documentation on how to create theme packs available here.

Languages supported:

Request a new language or contribute to existing languages on the Transifex project page.

Usage guide

A usage guide is available here.

Roadmap

Roadmap and features will be tracked on the Trello dashboard.

Credits

Thanks to Dax89 and luca247 for support and patience!

If you like my work, please consider to donate via PayPal.

File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.0-25.armv7hl.rpm132.23 KB01/12/2018 - 21:02
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.0-25.i486.rpm135.82 KB01/12/2018 - 21:02
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.1-1.armv7hl.rpm135.03 KB04/12/2018 - 15:14
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.1-1.i486.rpm138.79 KB04/12/2018 - 15:14
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.2-4.armv7hl.rpm133.64 KB07/12/2018 - 19:33
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.2-4.i486.rpm137.36 KB07/12/2018 - 19:33
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.3-6.armv7hl.rpm134.42 KB10/12/2018 - 18:17
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.3-6.i486.rpm138.04 KB10/12/2018 - 18:17
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.3-9.armv7hl.rpm134.46 KB12/12/2018 - 21:58
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.3-9.i486.rpm138.05 KB12/12/2018 - 21:58
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.3-10.armv7hl.rpm134.45 KB12/12/2018 - 22:04
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.3.3-10.i486.rpm138.07 KB12/12/2018 - 22:04

* Sun Dec 9 2018 1.3.3
- Added cover action to reapply current icons.

* Tue Dec 4 2018 1.3.2
- Added keyboard navigation.

* Tue Dec 4 2018 1.3.1
- Restore page redesigned.
- Dockbar redesigned.
- Updated translations.

Comments

Historyscholar's picture

感谢开发者推出旗鱼系统主题支持!Thanks!

kaulian's picture

only that in this folder

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ls /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/locks/
screen-rotation.txt
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$

fravaccaro's picture

hmmmm so it should work. Have you tried uninstall and reinstall themepacksupport?

kaulian's picture

Hi,

First thanks for the apps.

I upgrade my geminipda to 3.0.0.8 and with this release the pixel ratio seems broken.

Do you have any problem with the new release of sailfishos  and pixel ratio ?

Thanks

fravaccaro's picture

You can try to uninstall themepacksuport and then reinstall UI Themer to see if it helps.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a Gemini so it's a bit hard to help.

kaulian's picture

In fact, i just tried with cli and dconf says, that value can't be modified...

Perhaps I need open a case in together

fravaccaro's picture

Do you mind posting the result of

ls /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/locks/
cat /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/locks/ui-configs.txt
cat /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/locks/silica-configs.txt

Historyscholar's picture

Very Good!(。・ω・。)ノ♡

rfa's picture

Thanks heaps for this. How are new fonts added? I'd like to add Trebuchet MS

fravaccaro's picture

My pleasure :) You can create your own theme by following this guide https://fravaccaro.github.io/themepacksupport-sailfishos/docs/getstarted...

rfa's picture

Thank you for that.  Just so I'm clear I make a theme with only the font in it.  Do I do that on my phone or PC?

A GUI that allowed users to place .ttf files in it would be a lot of work for you.

Sorry for the basic questions

fravaccaro's picture

Well, a GUI that does that would still require some guidelines from me. With the current wiki, you can create your own theme and you can copy it into /use/share.

The steps are quite straightforward:
1) you rename the fonts accordingly with the guidelines
2) you place them in the font folder
3) you give a name to your theme in the package file
4) you rename the folder that contains the font folder with something that starts with harbour-themepack-
5) you copy it into /use/share
6) you apply it from UI Themer

If you're a bit more experienced you can even try to make an rpm to be shared, but in this case, check the content license

dfstorm's picture

Thanks. I just tested it and everything is fine now :)

fravaccaro's picture

I'm glad to hear it works properly :)

dfstorm's picture

The main "restore" pull down menu don't restore icon size. The "restore icon size" pull down menu in the same page where you can set icon size do work.

fravaccaro's picture

The icon size is meant to be restored by the option in the Density page :)
I added the Xperia size.

dfstorm's picture

And the restore option doesn't restore icon size :(

dfstorm's picture

The new icon size option is interesting but break on SailfishX. By default its 172 but if we activate the selection we cannot choose 172 again. We're then stuck with ethier too big or too small icons. :(

smatkovi's picture

Where did you get the meego themepack?

DameCENO's picture

Hi fravaccaro
The most recent software update seems to have broken something in UI themer as it can't no longer apply fonts, after selecting the font, it rotates indefinitely . Have gone through all the usual steps, un installed and re installed it, pkcon refresh, nothing works. Themepack support works great for fonts, but not for pixel ratio. Am out of ideas. So sorry for always asking for help after system upgrade

fravaccaro's picture

Have you reinstalled the default fonts via the Tools page?

DameCENO's picture

Yes I have, as well as reinstalling default Sailfish fonts from terminal uninstalling and reinstalling both ui themer and themepacksupport.
I can apply fonts but only via themepacksupport, via UI themer it keeps loading for ever without any effects. Pixel density ratio on the other hand, not even themepacksupport can help with it...

fravaccaro's picture

Which font did you use?

DameCENO's picture

I am so sorry, I am actually only seeing this reply just now.

I use gasptown and handy as my main fonts rarely use the others.

Strangely enough this new version fixes the pixel density option which now works flawlessly but still can't apply fonts, forever rotating but unable to apply the font and restart the homescreen. The option to restart the homescreen in UI Themer works very well to be clear, but just can't apply fonts on my Jolla 1. I am about to try and run themepacksupport via terminal and see if I can apply the font from there as it worked well for fonts till now

DameCENO's picture

Just used themepacksupport to apply handy font which worked quite well, but now even the pixel ratio in UI Themer that worked just now, no longer works. I am so sad that I always have so many challenges with my favorite tweaking tool, It's not fair

UPdate: Reinstalling default Sailfsh fonts from themepacksupport solved the fonts applying issue in UI Themer, but sadly the pixel density ratio is still broken.

I tried to run the dconf reset command as you instructed earlier here but I get a permission denied error as cannot create /user/... something. Worthy of note, I use a mount service for my home and android storage on my memory card. It can't be the issue for I have always used this in the past with UI Themer and it always worked. Any assistance would be so appreciated, I maintain what I said my device isn't complete without this app

What format is accepted to change the pixel density value in themepacksupport in terminal? 0.9 0/9 0,9 ? I think because I am not sure how I can't try to change it there to see if it works and report back

fravaccaro's picture

Honestly I'm not aware of those fonts. The correct format is 0.9.

Usually reinstalling both themepacksupport and UI Themer fixes the issues you reported.

DameCENO's picture

Thanks so much for your reply, means a lot to me.
I have tried all fonts with the same effect, 0.9. Well I will give it a try in themepacksupport, and uninstalling and re-installing both UI Themer and themepacksupport and report back

fravaccaro's picture

Don't forget to reinstall fonts before trying again.

DameCENO's picture

OH!!! I didn't think of that, those fonts will be uninstalled as well... pkcon comfirmed it as well as themepack support wouldn't be uninstlled the traditional way, thanks a lot, I am reinstalling them as we speak

Yes!!! Uninstalling them both, rebooting the device and reisntalling them did the trick. Thanks a million, now both fonts and pixel density ratio are both functioning perfectly well in UI Themer. And you were right not to be conversant with handy and gasptown fonts as they are missing from the fonts secton on openrepos, along with a host of other fonts on my memory card I downloaded from here more than 2 years ago

Jaracz's picture

Hi!

Where can I get that lovely Meego Theme from the sceenshots?

Thank you in advance!