UI Themer

UI Themer lets customize icons, fonts and pixel density in Sailfish OS.

Read before installing

• For Sailfish OS 2.1.4 and above.
  • It requires Theme pack support to be installed.
  • Refresh the homescreen to apply settings.
  • Remember to restore default icons and fonts before performing a system upgrade.
  • For Sailfish X users: changing device pixel ratio needs testing.
  • The option 'Download themes' requires Storeman to be installed.
  • Easy mode GUI enabled by default. If you want more control, disable it via the Options page.

UI Themer

Features

• Icon theming.
  • Icon overlay.
  • Font theming.
  • Sound theming.
  • Change device pixel ratio.
  • Change DPI for Alien Dalvik.
  • Change icon size.
  • Recovery tools.

Create custom theme packs

Documentation on how to create theme packs available here.

Languages supported:

Request a new language or contribute to existing languages on the Transifex project page.

Usage guide

A usage guide is available here.

Roadmap

Roadmap and features will be tracked on the Trello dashboard.

Credits

• Partially based on Icon pack support GUI
  • App icon by Free Vectors.
  • Keyboard navigation based on Piepmatz by Sebastian Wolf.
  • Thanks to Dax89 for helping with C++ and QML code, this app would not exist without him.
  • Thanks to Eugenio_g7 for helping with the One-click restore service.
  • Thanks to all the testers for being brave and patient.

If you like my work, please consider to donate via PayPal.

File sailfishos-uithemer-2.1.0-5.armv7hl.rpm162.27 KB09/01/2019 - 21:16
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-1.armv7hl.rpm233.77 KB20/04/2019 - 20:36
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-1.i486.rpm237.61 KB20/04/2019 - 20:36
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-2.armv7hl.rpm233.76 KB20/04/2019 - 20:43
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-2.i486.rpm237.58 KB20/04/2019 - 20:43
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-3.armv7hl.rpm238.88 KB14/12/2019 - 23:35
File sailfishos-uithemer-2.2.1-3.i486.rpm242.81 KB14/12/2019 - 23:35

* Sat Apr 20 2019 2.2.1 - Services now take in consideration overlay settings. - Minor fixes. - Updated translations.

* Tue Apr 9 2019 2.2.0-7
- Minor fixes.
- Updated translations.

* Mon Mar 11 2019 2.2.0-5
- Minor fixes.
- Updated translations.

* Sun Mar 10 2019 2.2.0-3
- Cover redesigned.
- Links updated.
- Updated translations.

* Thu Feb 28 2019 2.2.0-2
- Updated translations.

* Sun Feb 24 2019 2.2.0-1
- Redesigned theme applying.
- Added sound themes.
- New iconography.

* Thu Feb 21 2019 2.1.5-4
- Updated translations.

* Tue Feb 19 2019 2.1.5
- Initial support for Android DPI settings on XA2.
- Updated translations.

* Sat Feb 16 2019 2.1.4
- Cover redesigned.
- Preview theme on cover.

* Sun Feb 10 2019 2.1.3
- Backup/restore icons.
- Different UI modes.

* Mon Jan 14 2019 2.1.2
- Added active theme on cover.

* Fri Jan 11 2019 2.1.1
- Bump Theme pack support dependency.
- Added dconf default settings.
- Added easy mode.
- UI tweaks.

* Sat Jan 5 2019 2.1.0
- [EXPERIMENTAL] Service for running one-click restore before system upgrades.

Comments

fravaccaro's picture

Honestly I'm not aware of those fonts. The correct format is 0.9.

Usually reinstalling both themepacksupport and UI Themer fixes the issues you reported.

DameCENO's picture

Thanks so much for your reply, means a lot to me.
I have tried all fonts with the same effect, 0.9. Well I will give it a try in themepacksupport, and uninstalling and re-installing both UI Themer and themepacksupport and report back

fravaccaro's picture

Don't forget to reinstall fonts before trying again.

DameCENO's picture

OH!!! I didn't think of that, those fonts will be uninstalled as well... pkcon comfirmed it as well as themepack support wouldn't be uninstlled the traditional way, thanks a lot, I am reinstalling them as we speak

Yes!!! Uninstalling them both, rebooting the device and reisntalling them did the trick. Thanks a million, now both fonts and pixel density ratio are both functioning perfectly well in UI Themer. And you were right not to be conversant with handy and gasptown fonts as they are missing from the fonts secton on openrepos, along with a host of other fonts on my memory card I downloaded from here more than 2 years ago

Jaracz's picture

Hi!

Where can I get that lovely Meego Theme from the sceenshots?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Jaracz

fravaccaro's picture

that's the awesome work of chenliangchen, but unluckily I'm not able to share it :(

kaulian's picture

I found
After read this link
In fact in 3.0.0.8 (for my gemini) i have a lock file
It /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/silica-configs.txt
I just comment line about ratio and update as root
After that i can change ratio
Thanks

malibu's picture

Thanks for answer. I tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work, the value is still coming back to 1 by itself. Is this possible that patches cause that ? Sorry for my english ;D

My pleasure :)

Would you mind providing the output of

ls /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/locks

malibu's picture

Output : screen-rotation.txt

And screen-rotation.txt contain only this line : /desktop/jolla/components/screen_rotation_angle

malibu's picture

Great app, thanks a lot.
I just get a problem since a long time ( app is updated ! ):

Device pixel ratio stay blocked on 1.
(Jolla phone 1, this was working before. But i don't know which version bring that. )

Hi, thank you.

You may need to reinstall themepacksupport.

DameCENO's picture

fravaccaro, help, just upgraded to 2.1.3 and the display density submenu is gone, and fonts won't apply anymore, how can I fix it, or do we need an upgrade of the app? I can't imagine using Jolla 1 without UI Themer.

fravaccaro's picture

Display submenu from where?

As for rhe fonts, they don't apply if you forgot to unapply them before upgrading. Check the Tools menu to reinstall them.

hardy_magnus's picture

u r a savior. today i upgraded, forgot to restore defaults n the fonts wont change. thank to fravaccaro we have tools menu . hey i have n9 font, can u tell me how to appy them ?

DameCENO's picture

Sorry for the mix up, in UI Themer, I had forgotten how to locate the pixel density option but I have. As for the fonts, I had to run pkcon refresh then pkcon install sailfish-fonts to have them applying again as I always forget to revert to default font before upgrading.

But as for the pixel density is just as when i upgraded to lijoki, it remains on the default value and won't change no matter what I try. I have gone through the instructions you gave the last time with dconf update and all, installing and reinstalling ui themer, nothing works, I  need assistance on that please

fravaccaro's picture

Try to reinstall themepacksupport too.

DameCENO's picture

Did the trick perfectly! Uninstalled Themepack support then ran the commands you previously asked me to dconf update and the rest and it works once again! Thanks man, I owe you one. I don't think I will forget to revert to default font and pixel ratio before upgrading the OS next time :D

An observation as well, after making it work themepack support icon disappeared form the home screen but can still be run via therminal, don't know if that's normal

fravaccaro's picture

I'm glad to hear you solved it :)

Yeah, it's an intended behavior, as I think that after the installation of UI Themer, a quick access to the terminal GUI is no longer needed.

DameCENO's picture

Hi fravaccaro I have updated to Iijoki and updated the ui themer but the same issue occured as when I try installing to 0.4 of ui-themer, the pixel ratio slider remains at the default value, I have removed the ui themer altogether and run the touch and dconf reset commands but to no avail. What should I do about it

Plus the suggestion of adding font preview before applying would be awesome

fravaccaro's picture

Sorry, I didn't read your message but I'm glad (according with your reply below) that you could sort it out.

As for the font preview, I'm afraid I won't be able to implement it, but I contacted the original dev of the GUI so I hope we can come up with something...stay tuned :)

MoritzJT's picture

UI of this GUI is broken on my Jolla C. Default density is  1.25 - lowering it breaks most system icons. Any idea?

BR

MoritzJT

try to install themepacksupport 0.3.3-3

DameCENO's picture

Actually the version 0.3.3-5 of themepacksupport is said to be compatible with UIThemer so installing it was enough to fix the aspect ratio slider. Thanks fravaccaro.

jfebrer's picture

Great app!

Where did you get the Nokia Pure theme?

Thanks!

I extracted the fonts from my N9. Unluckily I don't think I can share it :/

gedeon's picture

Hi

Why? It is just a theme, probably noone would care, but many people would be very happy! When I have first seen the N9 icons on this screenshot I fell in love again, please! :) I still have an N9 in my cupboard but I don't know how to get the icons and the font from it unfortunately. :( Thanks in advance!

fravaccaro's picture

Hi! The icon theme is by chengliangchen, he has not decided to publish it yet so you'd better ask him directly :)

As for the Nokia Pure font, I still don't know if there's a way to publish it legally - it's the only issue that has been preventing me to publicly share it.

gedeon's picture

Re, thank you for your answer, I will try to talk with him. Ok, will talk about the font as well, hopefully not dangerous :) .

DameCENO's picture

Just in to report that the version 0.4-1 of the patch breaks the pixel ratio slider in UI themer, as the value is always set to the default 1 as soon as one leaves the UI themer screen the value is reset. Had to return to the version 0.2-1 to have it working again. I am on 2.0.5.6 on Jolla 1