UI Themer

UI Themer lets customize icons, fonts and pixel density in Sailfish OS.

Read before installing

• For Sailfish OS 2.1 and above.
  • It requires Theme pack support to be installed.
  • Refresh the homescreen to apply settings.
  • Remember to restore default icons and fonts before performing a system upgrade.
  • For Sailfish X users: changing device pixel ratio needs testing.
  • The option 'Download themes' requires Storeman to be installed.

UI Themer

Features

• Icon theming.
  • Font theming.
  • Change device pixel ratio.
  • Change DPI for Alien Dalvik.
  • Change icon size.
  • Recovery tools.
  • Auto-update icon theme.

Create custom theme packs

Documentation on how to create theme packs available here.

Languages supported:

Request a new language or contribute to existing languages on the Transifex project page.

Usage guide

A usage guide is available here.

Roadmap

Roadmap and features will be tracked on the Trello dashboard.

Credits

Thanks to Dax89 and luca247 for support and patience!

If you like my work, please consider to donate via PayPal.

File sailfishos-uithemer-1.0.0-3.armv7hl.rpm110.64 KB09/11/2017 - 20:07
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.1.2-6.i486.rpm126.29 KB12/11/2018 - 15:22
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.1.2-19.armv7hl.rpm123 KB12/11/2018 - 18:19
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.1.2-19.i486.rpm126.52 KB12/11/2018 - 18:19
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.1.3-18.armv7hl.rpm124.37 KB13/11/2018 - 16:29
File sailfishos-uithemer-1.1.3-18.i486.rpm128.1 KB13/11/2018 - 16:29

* Tue Nov 13 2018 1.1.3
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.7.3.
- Added first run wizard.

* Mon Nov 12 2018 1.1.2
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.7.2.
- Added options to download themes (requires Storeman).

* Thu Oct 25 2018 1.1.1
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.7.1.
- Added icon size.

* Sat Oct 20 2018 1.1.0
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.7.0.

* Tue Oct 16 2018 1.0.5
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.6.1.

* Fri Feb 23 2018 1.0.4
- Tools page.
- Recovery page.
- Placeholder if no themes installed.
- Uninstall themes fixed.
- Translations updated.

* Wed Feb 21 2018 1.0.3
- Preliminary icon size for Sailfish X (needs further testing).
- One-click restore.

* Fri Oct 20 2017 0.7.0
- UI overhaul.

* Sun Oct 15 2017 0.6.6
- Fixed UI freezes.
- Translations updated.

* Thu Jul 13 2017 0.6.5
- Fixed restart homescreen toggle.
- Performance improvements.
- More Icon updater options.
- Translations updated.

* Wed Jul 12 2017 0.6.4
- Dynamic UI elements.
- Restart after applying/restoring toggle.

* Tue Jul 11 2017 0.6.3
- Font preview.
- Theme page redesign.
- Icon updater redesign.
- About page redesign.
- Display density page redesign.
- Tools page redesign.
- Side panel.
- Added Spanish translation (thanks to mad_soft).

* Tue Jul 4 2017 0.6.2
- Display density page polished.
- Icon updater page polished.
- Translations updated.

* Sat Jul 1 2017 0.6.1
- Added auto-update icons option.

* Thu Jun 29 2017 0.6.0
- Recovery tools added.

* Sat Apr 22 2017 0.5.9
- Notifications added
- Dutch translation updated.

* Sat Apr 22 2017 0.5.6
- Added Dutch translation (thanks to Nathan Follens).
- Added German translation (thanks to Sailfishman).

* Thu Apr 18 2017 0.5.5
- Added Polish translation (thanks to Tomasz Amborski).

* Tue Apr 18 2017 0.5.4
- Minor fixes.

* Sat Apr 15 2017 0.5.3
- Minor fixes.

* Sat Apr 15 2017 0.5.2
- Android DPI settings.
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.3.3.

* Sat Apr 15 2017 0.5.1
- Bug fix.
- Compatibility with Theme pack support 0.3.2.

Comments

rfa's picture

Thanks heaps for this. How are new fonts added? I'd like to add Trebuchet MS

fravaccaro's picture

My pleasure :) You can create your own theme by following this guide https://fravaccaro.github.io/themepacksupport-sailfishos/docs/getstarted...

rfa's picture

Thank you for that.  Just so I'm clear I make a theme with only the font in it.  Do I do that on my phone or PC?

A GUI that allowed users to place .ttf files in it would be a lot of work for you.

Sorry for the basic questions

fravaccaro's picture

Well, a GUI that does that would still require some guidelines from me. With the current wiki, you can create your own theme and you can copy it into /use/share.

The steps are quite straightforward:
1) you rename the fonts accordingly with the guidelines
2) you place them in the font folder
3) you give a name to your theme in the package file
4) you rename the folder that contains the font folder with something that starts with harbour-themepack-
5) you copy it into /use/share
6) you apply it from UI Themer

If you're a bit more experienced you can even try to make an rpm to be shared, but in this case, check the content license

dfstorm's picture

Thanks. I just tested it and everything is fine now :)

fravaccaro's picture

I'm glad to hear it works properly :)

dfstorm's picture

The main "restore" pull down menu don't restore icon size. The "restore icon size" pull down menu in the same page where you can set icon size do work.

fravaccaro's picture

The icon size is meant to be restored by the option in the Density page :)
I added the Xperia size.

dfstorm's picture

And the restore option doesn't restore icon size :(

dfstorm's picture

The new icon size option is interesting but break on SailfishX. By default its 172 but if we activate the selection we cannot choose 172 again. We're then stuck with ethier too big or too small icons. :(

smatkovi's picture

Where did you get the meego themepack?

DameCENO's picture

Hi fravaccaro
The most recent software update seems to have broken something in UI themer as it can't no longer apply fonts, after selecting the font, it rotates indefinitely . Have gone through all the usual steps, un installed and re installed it, pkcon refresh, nothing works. Themepack support works great for fonts, but not for pixel ratio. Am out of ideas. So sorry for always asking for help after system upgrade

fravaccaro's picture

Have you reinstalled the default fonts via the Tools page?

DameCENO's picture

Yes I have, as well as reinstalling default Sailfish fonts from terminal uninstalling and reinstalling both ui themer and themepacksupport.
I can apply fonts but only via themepacksupport, via UI themer it keeps loading for ever without any effects. Pixel density ratio on the other hand, not even themepacksupport can help with it...

Which font did you use?

DameCENO's picture

I am so sorry, I am actually only seeing this reply just now.

I use gasptown and handy as my main fonts rarely use the others.

Strangely enough this new version fixes the pixel density option which now works flawlessly but still can't apply fonts, forever rotating but unable to apply the font and restart the homescreen. The option to restart the homescreen in UI Themer works very well to be clear, but just can't apply fonts on my Jolla 1. I am about to try and run themepacksupport via terminal and see if I can apply the font from there as it worked well for fonts till now

DameCENO's picture

Just used themepacksupport to apply handy font which worked quite well, but now even the pixel ratio in UI Themer that worked just now, no longer works. I am so sad that I always have so many challenges with my favorite tweaking tool, It's not fair

UPdate: Reinstalling default Sailfsh fonts from themepacksupport solved the fonts applying issue in UI Themer, but sadly the pixel density ratio is still broken.

I tried to run the dconf reset command as you instructed earlier here but I get a permission denied error as cannot create /user/... something. Worthy of note, I use a mount service for my home and android storage on my memory card. It can't be the issue for I have always used this in the past with UI Themer and it always worked. Any assistance would be so appreciated, I maintain what I said my device isn't complete without this app

What format is accepted to change the pixel density value in themepacksupport in terminal? 0.9 0/9 0,9 ? I think because I am not sure how I can't try to change it there to see if it works and report back

fravaccaro's picture

Honestly I'm not aware of those fonts. The correct format is 0.9.

Usually reinstalling both themepacksupport and UI Themer fixes the issues you reported.

DameCENO's picture

Thanks so much for your reply, means a lot to me.
I have tried all fonts with the same effect, 0.9. Well I will give it a try in themepacksupport, and uninstalling and re-installing both UI Themer and themepacksupport and report back

fravaccaro's picture

Don't forget to reinstall fonts before trying again.

DameCENO's picture

OH!!! I didn't think of that, those fonts will be uninstalled as well... pkcon comfirmed it as well as themepack support wouldn't be uninstlled the traditional way, thanks a lot, I am reinstalling them as we speak

Yes!!! Uninstalling them both, rebooting the device and reisntalling them did the trick. Thanks a million, now both fonts and pixel density ratio are both functioning perfectly well in UI Themer. And you were right not to be conversant with handy and gasptown fonts as they are missing from the fonts secton on openrepos, along with a host of other fonts on my memory card I downloaded from here more than 2 years ago

Jaracz's picture

Hi!

Where can I get that lovely Meego Theme from the sceenshots?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Jaracz

fravaccaro's picture

that's the awesome work of chenliangchen, but unluckily I'm not able to share it :(

malibu's picture

Thanks for answer. I tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work, the value is still coming back to 1 by itself. Is this possible that patches cause that ? Sorry for my english ;D

My pleasure :)

Would you mind providing the output of

ls /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/locks

malibu's picture

Output : screen-rotation.txt

And screen-rotation.txt contain only this line : /desktop/jolla/components/screen_rotation_angle

malibu's picture

Great app, thanks a lot.
I just get a problem since a long time ( app is updated ! ):

Device pixel ratio stay blocked on 1.
(Jolla phone 1, this was working before. But i don't know which version bring that. )

Hi, thank you.

You may need to reinstall themepacksupport.

DameCENO's picture

fravaccaro, help, just upgraded to 2.1.3 and the display density submenu is gone, and fonts won't apply anymore, how can I fix it, or do we need an upgrade of the app? I can't imagine using Jolla 1 without UI Themer.

fravaccaro's picture

Display submenu from where?

As for rhe fonts, they don't apply if you forgot to unapply them before upgrading. Check the Tools menu to reinstall them.