Theme pack support for Sailfish OS

Your rating: None Average: 5 (16 votes)

GUI available here.

Theme pack support lets customize icons, fonts, system sounds and pixel density in Sailfish OS. Remember to unapply themes before system updates.

Features

• Icon theming.
  • Font theming.
  • Sound theming (needs further testing).
  • Change device pixel ratio.
  • Change DPI for Alien Dalvik.
  • Change icon size.
  • Options to recover UI.
  • Auto-update icon theme.

Notes

• It contains no themes, it's just the engine which makes applying themes possible, but you have to install them separately.
  • For Sailfish OS 2.1 users: if you've used the font size changer, reset it via the theme pack support before changing it via the Jolla Settings.
  • For Sailfish X users: changing device pixel ratio needs testing.

Usage

1. Install a compatible theme pack.
  2. Open the app via the icon on the homescreen and insert your root password. You can also start it via terminal by typing themepacksupport as root.
  3. Apply the theme pack of your choice.
  4. Refresh the homescreen.

Create custom theme packs

Documentation on how to create theme packs available here.

Roadmap

Roadmap and features will be tracked on the Trello dashboard.

Credits

App icon inspired by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY.

=============

If you like my work, please consider to donate via PayPal.

File harbour-themepacksupport-0.6.0-2.noarch.rpm43.12 KB13/10/2018 - 02:31
File harbour-themepacksupport-0.6.1-9.noarch.rpm42.24 KB16/10/2018 - 21:52
File harbour-themepacksupport-0.7.0-1.noarch.rpm42.25 KB21/10/2018 - 01:57
File harbour-themepacksupport-0.7.1-1.noarch.rpm42.54 KB25/10/2018 - 18:43
File harbour-themepacksupport-0.7.1-2.noarch.rpm42.54 KB26/10/2018 - 18:21
File harbour-themepacksupport-0.7.2-1.noarch.rpm42.54 KB05/11/2018 - 15:47
File harbour-themepacksupport-0.7.3-2.noarch.rpm43.14 KB13/11/2018 - 16:27

* Tue Nov 13 2018 0.7.3
- Option to install dependencies.

* Mon Nov 5 2018 0.7.2
- Minor changes.

* Thu Oct 25 2018 0.7.1
- Added icon size.

* Sat Oct 20 2018 0.7.0
- Speed improvements.

* Tue Oct 16 2018 0.6.1
- Script now uses rsync.

* Wed Oct 3 2018 0.6.0
- Script reworked.

* Wed Feb 21 2018 0.5.6
- Preliminary icon size for Sailfish X (needs further testing).
- One-click restore.

* Mon Feb 19 2018 0.5.5
- Preliminary device pixel ratio support for Sailfish X (needs further testing).

* Fri Oct 20 2017 0.5.3
- Bug fixes.

* Sat Jul 15 2017 0.5.2
- More Icon updater options.

* Fri Jul 7 2017 0.5.1
- Minor fixes.

* Sat Jul 1 2017 0.5.0
- Added auto-update icons option.

* Thu Jun 29 2017 0.4.0
- Added icon restore option.
- Bug fix.

* Sat Apr 15 2017 0.3.3
- Compatibility with UI themer.

* Sat Apr 15 2017 0.3.2
- Compatibility with UI themer.

* Fri Mar 31 2017 0.3.1
- Bug fix.
- Fixed non latin fonts missing from Alien Dalvik.

* Fri Mar 10 2017 0.3.0
- Fixed font size option.
- Added Patchmanager restore options.
- Added UI themer options.

* Thu Jan 5 2017 0.2.1
- Bug fix.

* Thu Aug 25 2016 0.2.0
- Added graphic theme support.

* Tue Aug 9 2016 0.1.3
- Added Jolla C/Intex Aqua Fish support.

* Wed Apr 27 2016 0.1.1
- Added Jolla Tablet support.
- Bug fix

* Tue Jan 19 2016 0.1.0
- Sailfish OS 2.0.7 support.

* Tue Jan 19 2016 0.0.9
- DynClock high resolution support added.

* Tue Jan 12 2016 0.0.8
- Different resolutions support.
- Uninstall theme packs via UI.
- Added Alien Dalvik font resizer.

* Sun Jan 10 2016 0.0.7
- Non-latin fonts theming support.
- Added option to choose font weight.

* Fri Jan 8 2016 0.0.6
- Non-latin fonts kept.

* Wed Dec 30 2015 0.0.4
- Added Jolla Ambient support.

* Mon Dec 28 2015 0.0.3
- Bug fix.

* Mon Dec 28 2015 0.0.2
- Help and info pages added.
- Bug fix.

* Sun Dec 27 2015 0.0.1
- First build.

Comments

dfstorm's picture

On sailfish os 3.0.0.5 : we can't change pixel ratio. It reset to default when restarting home screen.

fravaccaro's picture

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall it?

Unluckily I don't have any Sailfish X device, so I can't reproduce your issue. If you want to take part to the development, feel free to reach me on GitHub or via email :)

dfstorm's picture

Edit 2: Solved. All the "UI" refresh I could find are simply not working. Doing a "pkcon refresh" in the terminal solved the problem. How to:

1- Give you an access: Go to developper toosl in Settings and setup an SSH access.

2- Open a terminal and log a root by entering "devel-su" and then enter the password you just created

3- Once loged in as root, do "pkcon refresh".

4- Profit. And maybe disable the ssh Access you just created...

-----

Edit: After rebooting my phone I've got an error :D It's probably an openrepo/sailfish issue. It's a file not found on "./non-oss/noarch/sailfish-content-graphics-closed-z2.0-0.6.1-10.2.1.jolla.noarch.rpm" not found on medium "https://release.jolla.com/releases/2.2.1.18/jolla/armv7hl/".

-----

I can't install it anymore. I re-intialized my sailfish X in setting. Then updated to the latest OS version... And then I am here. From "storeman", after adding the repo, when you trie to install it it start loading then said "not installed" without more informations. When trying manually from the package from the openrepo website; we got "an error occurred" and again, no more information. It's sad I can't give you any meaningfull information for now expect saying that it indeed isn't working on sailfish X. I will try from a terminal soon when I got the time.

fravaccaro's picture

Isn't pkcon refresh helpful?

DarkTuring's picture

Doesnt work in 2.1.4.14

DarkTuring's picture

Wont work for me says rpm is missing, sailfish-content-graphics-closedz2.0-0.6.1-10.8.1.jolla.noarch.rpm

dfstorm's picture

Do a "pkcon refresh" like I explained in my comment above (or not.. depending from where you're looking at this :P )

fravaccaro's picture

Refresh your repo data.

conrado967's picture

I can't change pixel ratio on Sailfish X. I tried do it manually by dconf write ... But still the same result:

The operation attempted to modify one or more non-writable keys

fravaccaro's picture

Unluckily I can't test it now as I don't have a Sailfish X yet. I'll update the engine to support it asap.

conrado967's picture

After update now changing pixel ratio works on Xperia X. Thanks a lot!

DameCENO's picture

Hi fravaccaro.
I have upgraded to 2.1.3 and uithemer seems non compatible, while theme pack support works, atleast for fonts. I am not sure if I have a display density issue or I am not inputting the correct values in the theme pack support, when I input 0.90 as value is that the correct way to do it?
UI themer isn't able to apply any fonts as it can't refresh the homescreen after selection of the font, and the pixel density slider remains on default value.
Sorry for always needing help on this after system upgrade, I have done all the those steps but UI themer itselt seem to need some looking at. Thanks for all the help

Jaracz's picture

Hi fravaccaro,

I've got Sailfish 2.1.3.7, I try to install your app:

[root@Sailfish nemo]# pkcon install harbour-themepacksupport

Fatal error: harbour-themepacksupport-0.5.4-3.noarch requires sailfish-content- graphics-default-z1.0-base, but this requirement cannot be provided

sailfish-content-graphics-default-z1.0-base can't be found, and installing sailfish-content-graphics-default says "This request will break your system!".

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Jaracz

fravaccaro's picture

Which phone do you have? Have you tried a preliminary pkcon refresh ?

Jaracz's picture

I could sweat, I've tried that before.. but now it works! Thanx!

lenvin's picture

Hey fravaccar,

Im stuck with this app. I am not open the theme app. And also I am unable to delete the theme app. Kindly help me.

fravaccaro's picture

Why can't you delete it? Is there any error message?

lalith's picture

i am unable to delete themes app which i had installed and also it is not opening and not deleting

so what i do nowu

fravaccaro's picture

Why can't you delete it? Is there any error message?

DameCENO's picture

HI fravaccaro

I have the same issue still as of since updating to the latest sailfish version 2.0.5

I just updated the app but face the same issue, I cannot use theme fonts anymore. After applying it shows on the app as being the font in use, but refreshing lipstick and rebooting Jolla has no effect, the default font remains. Any fix to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

fravaccaro's picture

As mentioned below, try restoring the default fonts and then, via terminal:

pkcon install sailfish-fonts

After, you may be able to apply fonts again.

DameCENO's picture

Thanks a million,was here to report that following those steps and adding the restoring to default fonts option in your app got the fonts applied once more...
The GUI app needs an update as it is unable to restart lipstick anymore, let ne report that in the comments section of the app, thanks again

DameCENO's picture

Unable to apply fonts after update to 2.0.5.6, the font is listed as being in use in the app but the sailfish font prevails. Lipstick refresh and reboot have no effect. pkcon install sailfish-fonts returns the error of the package isn't found on the medium... Any update? I am addicted to this app

Jordi's picture

Hi,

Since the last system update, I'm not able to install fonts anymore. Any idea?

Thanks

fravaccaro's picture

Have you restored the default font before upgrading?

Jordi's picture

Of course not, I never did! (Shame on me)

What should I do, then?

fravaccaro's picture

Try to restore the default fonts and then, via terminal:

pkcon install sailfish-fonts

danfin's picture

installed and tried out some fonts and a icon pack. Then decided to restore. Font rendering does not look nice at all. since, even with the original font! How is THAT possible??

EmaNymton's picture

same here, may be a bug?

The backup folders at /usr/share/harbour-themepacksupport/backup were empty, dont know why.

also pt-sans-font was still installed, but i removed it via GUI-Theme-App, AFAIR

Try to uninstall all font packages and reinstall sailfish fonts with following command:

pkcon install sailfish-fonts

That worked for me!

fravaccaro's picture

If you use it without unapplying other fonts non compatible with themepack it may have unexpected behaivour.

On my device appying/restoring fonts works well via the terminal app, after an homescreen refresh/reboot.